• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NC OC experience reports

CDT COX

:( no one wants to help out the young looking guy at the gun stores. O well, I'll take my business elsewhere

dashowdy

where are you located at cadet cox?
I have several around my area where all you gotta do is walk in and someone asks "what can I show you", speaking of, OC'ed at eagle one and some other gun shops today but the guy at eagle one that took the time ,while they were busy, to answer any and all my questions no matter how ridicoulous, they may be a little more expensive but they may have won back my business. plus it beats having to drive 40 miles.

Bearfoot

You should never attempt to touch your handgun or visually threaten anyone with it unless you are sure that your life is in danger. OC'ers trying to intimidate someone is the reason that a lot of people dislike open carry. The mere presence of your gun should had been enough to scare the thugs off if they had ill intentions.

Exactly.

Bearfoot

When you read the following article, you will see that New Bern is not immune from the same thing happening in other places. The girlfriend and I were at the place this happened. Her son had followed us in his truck. I waited in the car while she went inside for a moment. Very rarely am I not by her side when we go somewhere. She came out and as we were about to leave, her son, who had parked around the corner from us, called her and said the paramedics were at the ATM puting someone on a stretcher that appeared to be very bloody. This particular Walgren's is directly across the street from Craven Regional hospital. She and I have frequented that business and the ATM next to it many times.

http://www.wcti12.com/news/29912245/detail.html

We did go to the S&D show in G'ville Saturday. Nothing exciting to talk about there, just the same used gun, knife, and jewelry show.:rolleyes: Went other places as well in New Bern, Morehead City, and Atlantic Beach, and all very positive encounters.:D

love_my_old_smiths

OC'd last night (Sunday the 4th) at about 6:30 PM at Trader Joe's in Raleigh (Wake Forest Road and 440), Kroger (Falls of Neuse and 540), and Harris Teeter (Leesville and Strickland Road). Other than a few stares from customers and a curious store clerk at Kroger that gawked at me as I walked out, nobody said a peep.

Mike

KainVictus

Northlake mall.

So according to one of the mall cops here at northlake it is illegal to open carry. When asked why it wasn't posted he answered "well this is private property it doesn't have to be you're not allowed to carry that here" I've locked the weapon up in my car and will be debating this point further when I find a new or the same mall cop.

smlawrence

So according to one of the mall cops here at northlake it is illegal to open carry. When asked why it wasn't posted he answered "well this is private property it doesn't have to be you're not allowed to carry that here" I've locked the weapon up in my car and will be debating this point further when I find a new or the same mall cop.

I don't think I would waste time debating it with a mall cop whether the same or a different one. I would go above their head and talk with management so that they can pass the word down to their employees on whether you can OC or not. Just remember to debate respectfully. Good Luck.

Glock19fan

OC in Dunn Wal Mart

Has anyone on here every OCd at the Wal Mart in Dunn or Fuquay? I havent OCd in a big chain store like that but was would like to though. Still feeling the waters out with this.

E.J.

Carry24/7

Has anyone on here every OCd at the Wal Mart in Dunn or Fuquay? I havent OCd in a big chain store like that but was would like to though. Still feeling the waters out with this.

E.J.

Walmart anywhere in the state should be good. There is no corporate policy against it.

gary737

I don't think I would waste time debating it with a mall cop whether the same or a different one. I would go above their head and talk with management so that they can pass the word down to their employees on whether you can OC or not. Just remember to debate respectfully. Good Luck.

Most malls have a policy of NO weapons of any type regardless of permit. Private property, their rules.

muccione

Malls

I have never seen any mall posted. But then again I always go in through one of the anchor store doors.
I also CCed when going to the mall.
The reason why, I don't see any signage, I wont ask IF I can carry, My firearm is CC. Nobody can see it, nobody will tell me I can't carry because they don't know I'm carrying.
I am safe and armed at the mall.

bc.cruiser

I have never seen any mall posted. But then again I always go in through one of the anchor store doors.
The reason why, I don't see any signage, I wont ask IF I can carry, My firearm is CC. Nobody can see it, nobody will tell me I can't carry because they don't know I'm carrying.

+1

cricketdad

Yea, I believe in Don't Ask, Don't Tell......wait a minute, that got repealed now what?

merc460

Most malls have a policy of NO weapons of any type regardless of permit. Private property, their rules.

I have been to Northlake several times, I haven't Open Carried, but did conceal. I am NOT going into that mall without a weapon.
It does have it's rules posted at the entrance by the Theater on the right when you walk in. Here is the copy, take note of the very last comment, the ol'great catch all (why I conceal there).....

http://www.shopnorthlake.com/rules

Last edited:

smlawrence

I have been to Northlake several times, I haven't Open Carried, but did conceal. I am NOT going into that mall without a weapon.
It does have it's rules posted at the entrance by the Theater on the right when you walk in. Here is the copy, take note of the very last comment, the ol'great catch all (why I conceal there).....

http://www.shopnorthlake.com/rules

Maybe my eyes aren't working correctly, but I see nothing on that list pertaining to firearms CC or OC. Am I missing something??

merc460

Maybe my eyes aren't working correctly, but I see nothing on that list pertaining to firearms CC or OC. Am I missing something??

Right, you don't. It is the end statement that ties into what you said.
" I would go above their head and talk with management so that they can pass the word down to their employees"

It is not posted and the management will rule on it when confronted with the decision.

smlawrence

Right, you don't. It is the end statement that ties into what you said.

It is not posted and the management will rule on it when confronted with the decision.

Well my main point was I saw no reason to continue the debate with a low-level mall cop. If it's not posted then I would be carrying until the mall cop asks me to leave. But then one would have to choose between not going there are taking it up with higher-ups and hoping they stick with no prohibition.

seaweaver

Government building must be marked correct?

Orange GOP is meeting in Carbororo(another set of rules of which a 686 applies!) in an unofficial meeting to allow the resident of the southern portion of the county to meet. I will be in the Orange Water and Sewer Authority....It should be marked outside the door right?
Thanks
cw