• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Scanner Traffic

swatspyder

imported post

867.9625 has beeper on and some sort of traffic referencing Lakewood

867.475 has beeper on and also some sort of traffic...

I don't know what these freqs are and they are not programmed into my scanner...

866.85 has traffic

None of these are published on RadioReference.com

Stoked

imported post

The first and third are licensed to SERS, the Snohomish County system. They might have been re-used by Pierce or King Counties under an MOU, a lot of that sharinggoes on, though largely for simplex stuff.

MadHatter66

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
867.9625 has beeper on and some sort of traffic referencing Lakewood

867.475 has beeper on and also some sort of traffic...

I don't know what these freqs are and they are not programmed into my scanner...

866.85 has traffic

None of these are published on RadioReference.com

That beeper is the emergency traffic beeper, and they would be on a tac channel that all of the agencies have so they can all talk to one another... They also maybe using an encrypted channel for their main operations to keep it out of scanner land, and side channels for less important traffic. I listened to most of it on the radio that morning right after it went down, was pretty eerie... But I also work in a place where we have the capability to listen to most of the agencies in the area...