• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Battle Creek Meet & Eat

EM87

imported post

A few of us were discussing having a low-key get-together in Battle Creek for the purpose of meeting other OCers in the area. I've moved the thread here for simplicity's sake.

So far the idea is to meet at Denny's off exit 97 in Battle Creek. No time or date has been set. This will be just a casual meet & eat - the details are negotiable.

Here's what's already been said:

Phoenixphire wrote:
So, completely off-topic...

Bronson, I live here in BC, working at Firekeeper's.

Just moved up here for the job.

Would love to meet up with you guys sometime; get to know some folks around here.

EM87 wrote:
I could make the drive to BC if we planned a little get-together. Not a huge gathering, but if we could get members from the area to show up for lunch or something, that would be cool.

T Vance wrote:
Depending on date, time, and notice I'd be willing to meet up for a lunch. For me it wouldn't work out until sometime in January though.

mastiff69 wrote:
How about we all meet at denny's in battle creek exist 97 just off the highway ?

If you guys don't mind me joining in :uhoh:

Bronson wrote:
mastiff69 wrote:
How about we all meet at denny's in battle creek exist 97 just off the highway ?

If you guys don't mind me joining in :uhoh:

Sounds good to me. I normally can't get together on the weekends because that's when I work but most anytime on Tue., Wed., or Thu. is doable for me.

I'm off work tomorrow but I'm headin' up to G.R. to go shooting with a friend at the Silver Bullet--I've never been there before.

Bronson

Bronson

imported post

Do the majority of the SW folks prefer a weekend or weekday? For me it's weekdays but I'm just one guy and I have an odd scheduleso I'm used to missing out on stuff.

Bronson

Phoenixphire

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Well, due to understaffing at the moment, my schedule changes literally day to day.

This week, I have Wednesday off, and since I work nights, I am available most any day in the day time.

mastiff69

imported post

Well how about Wed 12/02/2009 12noon for lunch ?

at Denny's or McDonnell's at exist 97 off of I-94 in Battle Creek Mi.

There i set the day and time

NOW somebody select the restaurant

McDonnell's is south 1/8 mile of exist on Capital ave

Denney's is north west 1/8 mile of exist on B dr. s. or called Beckley rd

Bronson

imported post

mastiff69 wrote:
Well how about Wed 12/02/2009 12noon for lunch ?

at Denny's or McDonnell's at exist 97 off of I-94 in Battle Creek Mi.

There i set the day and time

NOW somebody select the restaurant

McDonnell's is south 1/8 mile of exist on Capital ave

Denney's is north west 1/8 mile of exist on B dr. s. or called Beckley rd

I can do that. I say Denny's unless somebody has a huge aversion. We can still do anothermeet & eatlater in the month ....it's not like I don't eat every day :p

As of now I'm planning on Denny's in Battle Creek tomorrow at noon. If others can make it I'll see ya' there. If not I'll just eat and read my book.

Bronson

mastiff69

imported post

Well it went well, 4 of us showed up, we ate, talked 2nd admin, talked politics, talked goverment,talked about law & police procedures...

Food was good, company was also very good, spent appox 2 hrs at lunch will be looking forward to another lunch..