Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, what are you doing to promote OC in AZ?

Post imported post

We've been busy organizing dinners, OC Light Rail Rides, possible BBQ in parks, and a few other things to look at to express our 2A rights in a legal way.Goal: toexpose ourselves to the hoplophobes that we are just ordinary people, not some gun wielding maniacs on the street. That firearms can be handled and carried by the normal citizen without goinginto mass murder mode.

A right not used will be a right abused, I'm trying to keep our rights intact, what are you doing.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Post imported post

I only recently moved to az. However, as soon as i could, i was open carrying. I open carry every day, and I make it a point to be very nice to everyone i comein contact with. So far thats all I've done, but can be certain the Arizona open carry community has a new supporter here.

-Steven
    If ever you find yourself in a situation where you can't be safe, be violent!

Post imported post

I am more of the CC mindset, but lately I have taken to OC'ing in Fry's when I go grocery shopping. I too am polite to everyone. I have not gotten any stink-eyes or comments to date.
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

Post imported post

I have open carried before the term was introduced. You were obviously either heeled or not. CC was not an option in AZ until 1994. For you Noobs: Stop concerning yourselves with what people think, or what you percieve them to think. Stop being self concious... just carry the sidearm as part of gettin' dressed.

Don't worry 'bout gettin' the stink-eye or drama queen comments from those who will not provide for their own defense.Do not engage them or attempt to 'educate' them. Many are snow birds, and University transientstoo immersed in fuzzy think to waste time on.

Post imported post

I'm being me, just like I have for the past 10 years since turning 21.

http://arizonagunowners.com - The best AZ gun board around!

Post imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
    I have open carried before the term was introduced. You were obviously either heeled or not. CC was not an option in AZ until 1994. For you Noobs: Stop concerning yourselves with what people think, or what you percieve them to think. Stop being self concious... just carry the sidearm as part of gettin' dressed.

Don't worry 'bout gettin' the stink-eye or drama queen comments from those who will not provide for their own defense.Do not engage them or attempt to 'educate' them. Many are snow birds, and University transientstoo immersed in fuzzy think to waste time on.
    From this post I discern that you're not doing anything, correct?

Clyde

Post imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:

From this post I discern that you're not doing anything, correct?

Clyde

I carry a 1911-A1 .45acp. (everywhere). It's not a novelty. Others may discern what they may.

Post imported post

You will probably consider me as doing nothing also. I do what I want when I want.

Have a Great American Day.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Post imported post

I'm pretty much new to guns, I bought my first pistol after Obama was elected. I quickly got my CCW permit so I could carry concealled and not make my neighbors nervous. And to top it off, I bought a 9mm, so I must be a wimp. (that one is for Clyde )

I do see a need to take a stance and protect the freedoms that the Bill of Rights are suppose to protect. I realize too that a right not exercised is a right that will be lost. So, I have attended a few of the open carry dinners and went on the light rail outing. I will definitely help out any way that I can to enlighten the masses that open carry means a much safer place to live.

Basically, I'm a looking for a way to be help the cause.

Post imported post

Hey All,

I went on a lightrail trip with some of the great folks on here. Good times!

Today I sent letters to my state congressional senators and reps imploring them to engage in writing AND PASSING legislation regarding concealed weapons on university camp.

I feel very strongly about this and I hope they respond. If not, no vote for them. VA Tech, NIU, and many other college campuses where gunmen know that there are a bunch of unarmed sheep is reason enough for me to speak up to my elected officials.

Keep the pressure and educational awareness going!

P.S.- I'm looking forward to the next OC event.

Post imported post

In Tucson I OC as often as possible. Have attended several OC dinners in Phoenix and in Tucson. With others here, have helped compiled a list and posted said list of pro-gun and anti-gun restaurants on ArizonaShooting site. Have had printed at my cost 2,000 "No gun=No $$" cards and dispensed several hundred cards at local gun shops for dispersal to customers.

Oh wait, almost forgot - I did not vote for Obama.

Post imported post

Put in a full magand rack one into the chamber the moment I cross the border.

Post imported post

Decoligny wrote:
    Tell them boys over at Calguns, since I've moved, we've had several pro gun bills pass in our State legislature, and I'm doing my part from a free state. They say I was a coward for not staying and fighting, does it look like I laid down in submission?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZVrwmOvX9s

Post imported post

Who is that anti-gun liberal in the orange shirt in the picture above?

Post imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
    We've been busy organizing dinners, OC Light Rail Rides, possible BBQ in parks, and a few other things to look at to express our 2A rights in a legal way.Goal: toexpose ourselves to the hoplophobes that we are just ordinary people, not some gun wielding maniacs on the street. That firearms can be handled and carried by the normal citizen without goinginto mass murder mode.

A right not used will be a right abused, I'm trying to keep our rights intact, what are you doing.

Clyde
    Let's see. I've been OC'ing since I was around 16 or so, let's figure 30+ years. I OC everywhere I go, only CC when absolutely necessary (I confess, wherever a "No Weapons Allowed" sign is -- so sue me.) *GRIN*

What am I doing? Exercising my right as a part of my lifestyle.

Post imported post

Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:
    kenpoprofessor wrote:

Clyde
    Let's see. I've been OC'ing since I was around 16 or so, let's figure 30+ years. I OC everywhere I go, only CC when absolutely necessary (I confess, wherever a "No Weapons Allowed" sign is -- so sue me.) *GRIN*

While I can appreciate the act, what are you doing to be able to keep that right? If you simply partake in the act that's legal now, what are you going to do when it's threatened? You act as if it's not such a big deal because you've simply been able to do it most of your life, but that's not the case for some of us. We'd like to continue the right that has become no so common place these days. It makes me wonder why you're even on the board discussing it if it's not such a big deal to you.

Clyde

Post imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
    Decoligny wrote:
    Tell them boys over at Calguns, since I've moved, we've had several pro gun bills pass in our State legislature, and I'm doing my part from a free state. They say I was a coward for not staying and fighting, does it look like I laid down in submission?
    So just how long have you been agitating in Arizona.

We did pretty well here until outsiders started trying to address issues in the context of their previous residence.

Post imported post

TOF wrote:

We did pretty well here until outsiders started trying to address issues in the context of their previous residence.
    Bingo! I attempt to advise noobs to leave all their 'Where I come from...' baggage back wherever that was... orreturn there.

That I choose to arm myself is obvious.I don't need to grandstand with any 'statements'.It's not a novelty... it's just part of gettin' dressed. Where I 'came from'... I couldn't do that, (by local law) as the right is denied. It's still no less a right.

But... I'd lived here before... back in the mid-60's and variously returned in the '70's 'n '90's. 'Always went heeled. Now I'm permanent by choice. I'm100% 'Zonie.I live in the desert 'cause I love it... but it's not for everybody. I'ma cowboy 'n live that lifestyle... but that's not for everybody either.

As TOF noted... it's been 'this way' since 1912. I never heard any comments 'bout bein' heeled 'til the mid '90's when the outsiders started comin' in noticable numbers. Nobody's ever asked me 'where I'm from'... 'cause they have no reason to.

Post imported post

TOF wrote:
    kenpoprofessor wrote:
    Decoligny wrote:
    Put in a full mag¬*and rack one into the chamber the moment I cross the border.
    Tell them boys over at Calguns, since I've moved, we've had several pro gun bills pass in our State legislature, and I'm doing my part from a free state.¬*¬*¬*¬*¬* They say I was a coward for not staying and fighting, does it look like I laid down in submission?

You locals did pretty well here until the early 90's when a few activist Judges really screwed up Arizona gun rights.

So, who put those Judges in office? Wasn't us "outsiders".

I'm from Pennsylvania where you can legally OC into a restaurant that serves booze and have a few. And a Pennsylvania "License To Carry" concealed is about $25, depending on county.

WE can all work together in Arizona, or we can squabble among ourselves while the anti-gun libs push us aside as they work their agenda.

Post imported post

When has the Arizona legislature ever made a serious move against open carry (or even RKBA in general)?

I know we've had a few bad judges and a couple bad prosecutors, but we've done pretty well getting them straightened out too.

For the most part, we really seem to have things well in hand at the local and state levels.
    http://arizonagunowners.com - The best AZ gun board around!

Post imported post

GWbiker wrote:
    TOF wrote:
    kenpoprofessor wrote:
    Decoligny wrote:

You locals did pretty well here until the early 90's when a few activist Judges really screwed up Arizona gun rights.

So, who put those Judges in office? Wasn't us "outsiders".

I'm from Pennsylvania where you can legally OC into a restaurant that serves booze and have a few. And a Pennsylvania "License To Carry" concealed is about $25, depending on county.

WE can all work together in Arizona, or we can squabble among ourselves while the anti-gun libs push us aside as they work their agenda.
    The 'activist' judges were elected by the 'outsiders' who've brought their political baggage with 'em 'n vote that way. Particularly any who have any connections to the U of A along with imported liberal Democrats. By the '90's... the outsiders were here in force. 'Was a time when I could walk into any bar or restaurant in AZ 'n hand my gunbelt to the barkeep. Sure... I'd love to not have to do that. People carried concealed here before there was any permit 'n drank anyway. Many still do. Who's to know? It's concealed.

People still get hassled and disarmed in PA... according to the PA forum. 'Seems to happen a lot. How come?

Post imported post

I have only lived in Arizona since 1940, the date of my birth, so I realy don't know much about the place but I am learning.

What I do know is the first population sign I recall seing when entering or leaving Phoenix City Limits indicated something like 48,000 Population.

More than a few of the 3 or 4 million currently in the area moved here from somewhere else. Most didn't mess with things to much but a few just had to jump up on their soapboxes and start screwing things up.

I would ask those on this forum to look around and see what is here before trying to make it like NYC or LA or wherever.

Activism does not always yield intended results. Think about things a bit before raising too much hell.

Post imported post

Well I'm from MO, and while there are pretty good RKBA laws there, I have to say AZ is the most gun-friendly place I've lived so far. Agree we all need to work together and keep the liberals in their own hippie enclaves if that's how they want to live (undefended).
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

Post imported post

mFonz77 wrote:
    Agree we all need to work together and keep the liberals in their own hippie enclaves if that's how they want to live (undefended).
    About 300 miles WEST of San Diego would be a good place for them.

Post imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
    Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:
    kenpoprofessor wrote:

Clyde

While I can appreciate the act, what are you doing to be able to keep that right? If you simply partake in the act that's legal now, what are you going to do when it's threatened? You act as if it's not such a big deal because you've simply been able to do it most of your life, but that's not the case for some of us. We'd like to continue the right that has become no so common place these days. It makes me wonder why you're even on the board discussing it if it's not such a big deal to you.

Clyde
    Consider this: even if OC *DOES* become illegal by legislative fiat (or a Martial Law declaration, or whatever), I will continue to OC regardless of the consequences. It would take a constitutional amendment to change that right, so my fight would be carried out in that light.

Why I'm here is not especially relevant in your sight, I guess. As it is, I originally signed on to find other OC folks, see how "outsiders" adapt to their new-found freedoms, and generally keep an ear out for what's happening. It's nice to tool around in a forum where most folks are like-minded when it comes to firearms. Quite refreshing, actually.

If I don't live up to your standards of activism -- oh, well. I guess us natives ain't necessarily that easily riled. *GRIN*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast