• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, what are you doing to promote OC in AZ?

kenpoprofessor

imported post

We've been busy organizing dinners, OC Light Rail Rides, possible BBQ in parks, and a few other things to look at to express our 2A rights in a legal way.Goal: toexpose ourselves to the hoplophobes that we are just ordinary people, not some gun wielding maniacs on the street. That firearms can be handled and carried by the normal citizen without goinginto mass murder mode.

A right not used will be a right abused, I'm trying to keep our rights intact, what are you doing.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

NY2AZ

imported post

I only recently moved to az. However, as soon as i could, i was open carrying. I open carry every day, and I make it a point to be very nice to everyone i comein contact with. So far thats all I've done, but can be certain the Arizona open carry community has a new supporter here.

-Steven

mFonz77

imported post

I am more of the CC mindset, but lately I have taken to OC'ing in Fry's when I go grocery shopping. I too am polite to everyone. I have not gotten any stink-eyes or comments to date.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I have open carried before the term was introduced. You were obviously either heeled or not. CC was not an option in AZ until 1994. For you Noobs: Stop concerning yourselves with what people think, or what you percieve them to think. Stop being self concious... just carry the sidearm as part of gettin' dressed.

Don't worry 'bout gettin' the stink-eye or drama queen comments from those who will not provide for their own defense.Do not engage them or attempt to 'educate' them. Many are snow birds, and University transientstoo immersed in fuzzy think to waste time on.

JesseL

imported post

I'm being me, just like I have for the past 10 years since turning 21.

OCatcarshow2.jpg

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
I have open carried before the term was introduced. You were obviously either heeled or not. CC was not an option in AZ until 1994. For you Noobs: Stop concerning yourselves with what people think, or what you percieve them to think. Stop being self concious... just carry the sidearm as part of gettin' dressed.

Don't worry 'bout gettin' the stink-eye or drama queen comments from those who will not provide for their own defense.Do not engage them or attempt to 'educate' them. Many are snow birds, and University transientstoo immersed in fuzzy think to waste time on.

From this post I discern that you're not doing anything, correct?

Clyde

Sonora Rebel

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
Sonora Rebel wrote:

From this post I discern that you're not doing anything, correct?

Clyde

I carry a 1911-A1 .45acp. (everywhere). It's not a novelty. Others may discern what they may.

Chez

imported post

I'm pretty much new to guns, I bought my first pistol after Obama was elected. I quickly got my CCW permit so I could carry concealled and not make my neighbors nervous. And to top it off, I bought a 9mm, so I must be a wimp. (that one is for Clyde :D )

I do see a need to take a stance and protect the freedoms that the Bill of Rights are suppose to protect. I realize too that a right not exercised is a right that will be lost. So, I have attended a few of the open carry dinners and went on the light rail outing. I will definitely help out any way that I can to enlighten the masses that open carry means a much safer place to live.

Basically, I'm a looking for a way to be help the cause.

GunsKillPeople ;)

imported post

Hey All,

I went on a lightrail trip with some of the great folks on here. Good times!

Today I sent letters to my state congressional senators and reps imploring them to engage in writing AND PASSING legislation regarding concealed weapons on university camp.

I feel very strongly about this and I hope they respond. If not, no vote for them. VA Tech, NIU, and many other college campuses where gunmen know that there are a bunch of unarmed sheep is reason enough for me to speak up to my elected officials.

Keep the pressure and educational awareness going!

P.S.- I'm looking forward to the next OC event.

GWbiker

imported post

In Tucson I OC as often as possible. Have attended several OC dinners in Phoenix and in Tucson. With others here, have helped compiled a list and posted said list of pro-gun and anti-gun restaurants on ArizonaShooting site. Have had printed at my cost 2,000 "No gun=No $$" cards and dispensed several hundred cards at local gun shops for dispersal to customers.

Oh wait, almost forgot - I did not vote for Obama.:D

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Put in a full magand rack one into the chamber the moment I cross the border.

Tell them boys over at Calguns, since I've moved, we've had several pro gun bills pass in our State legislature, and I'm doing my part from a free state. They say I was a coward for not staying and fighting, does it look like I laid down in submission?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZVrwmOvX9s

Picture091.jpg

Picture101-3.jpg

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
We've been busy organizing dinners, OC Light Rail Rides, possible BBQ in parks, and a few other things to look at to express our 2A rights in a legal way.Goal: toexpose ourselves to the hoplophobes that we are just ordinary people, not some gun wielding maniacs on the street. That firearms can be handled and carried by the normal citizen without goinginto mass murder mode.

A right not used will be a right abused, I'm trying to keep our rights intact, what are you doing.

Clyde
Let's see. I've been OC'ing since I was around 16 or so, let's figure 30+ years. I OC everywhere I go, only CC when absolutely necessary (I confess, wherever a "No Weapons Allowed" sign is -- so sue me.) *GRIN*

What am I doing? Exercising my right as a part of my lifestyle.

kenpoprofessor

imported post

Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:
kenpoprofessor wrote:

Clyde
Let's see. I've been OC'ing since I was around 16 or so, let's figure 30+ years. I OC everywhere I go, only CC when absolutely necessary (I confess, wherever a "No Weapons Allowed" sign is -- so sue me.) *GRIN*

What am I doing? Exercising my right as a part of my lifestyle.

While I can appreciate the act, what are you doing to be able to keep that right? If you simply partake in the act that's legal now, what are you going to do when it's threatened? You act as if it's not such a big deal because you've simply been able to do it most of your life, but that's not the case for some of us. We'd like to continue the right that has become no so common place these days. It makes me wonder why you're even on the board discussing it if it's not such a big deal to you.

Clyde

TOF

imported post

kenpoprofessor wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
Put in a full magand rack one into the chamber the moment I cross the border.

Tell them boys over at Calguns, since I've moved, we've had several pro gun bills pass in our State legislature, and I'm doing my part from a free state. They say I was a coward for not staying and fighting, does it look like I laid down in submission?

So just how long have you been agitating in Arizona.

We did pretty well here until outsiders started trying to address issues in the context of their previous residence.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

TOF wrote:

We did pretty well here until outsiders started trying to address issues in the context of their previous residence.
Bingo! I attempt to advise noobs to leave all their 'Where I come from...' baggage back wherever that was... orreturn there.

That I choose to arm myself is obvious.I don't need to grandstand with any 'statements'.It's not a novelty... it's just part of gettin' dressed. Where I 'came from'... I couldn't do that, (by local law) as the right is denied. It's still no less a right.

But... I'd lived here before... back in the mid-60's and variously returned in the '70's 'n '90's. 'Always went heeled. Now I'm permanent by choice. I'm100% 'Zonie.I live in the desert 'cause I love it... but it's not for everybody. I'ma cowboy 'n live that lifestyle... but that's not for everybody either.

As TOF noted... it's been 'this way' since 1912. I never heard any comments 'bout bein' heeled 'til the mid '90's when the outsiders started comin' in noticable numbers. Nobody's ever asked me 'where I'm from'... 'cause they have no reason to.

GWbiker

imported post

TOF wrote:
kenpoprofessor wrote:
Decoligny wrote:
Put in a full mag and rack one into the chamber the moment I cross the border.

Tell them boys over at Calguns, since I've moved, we've had several pro gun bills pass in our State legislature, and I'm doing my part from a free state.      They say I was a coward for not staying and fighting, does it look like I laid down in submission?

You locals did pretty well here until the early 90's when a few activist Judges really screwed up Arizona gun rights.

So, who put those Judges in office? Wasn't us "outsiders".

I'm from Pennsylvania where you can legally OC into a restaurant that serves booze and have a few. And a Pennsylvania "License To Carry" concealed is about $25, depending on county.

WE can all work together in Arizona, or we can squabble among ourselves while the anti-gun libs push us aside as they work their agenda.

JesseL

imported post

When has the Arizona legislature ever made a serious move against open carry (or even RKBA in general)?

I know we've had a few bad judges and a couple bad prosecutors, but we've done pretty well getting them straightened out too.

For the most part, we really seem to have things well in hand at the local and state levels.