• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meet ponderosa

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

Warchild wrote:

Where: Ponderosa Steakhouse
1441 E. Main St.
Owosso

When: Saturday, December 12th @ noon

Costs: Saturday lunch buffet; $9.49 + tax.
Sorry but I could not negotiate a discount.:uhoh:

Requested Donations: 1 toy or coat
To be picked up by the Salvation Army of Owosso

Would there be any interest in a luncheon/toys for tots collection here in Owosso at Ponderosa? They have a decent luncheon salad bar and I had talked to the manager last spring about MOC gatherings. He was fully supportive and even said we could use the back conference room which will seat 45+ people. How about Dec.12th, enough time prior to x-mas to get the toys to the marines. If there are enough people interested, I will go set it up at Ponderosa.

Generaldet

imported post

This sounds like it would be fun. I haven't been to a Ponderosa in a looong time. Toys for tots is a great idea and you can also bring any clothing donations as well.

As long as I don't have to work the wife and I will be there. If we can use the conference room it would be a good opportunity to hold a meeting as well.

Great idea Warchild!

B

Bikenut

imported post

Depending on time decided upon Yooperlady and I will be there!

WARCHILD

imported post

I will check with the manager at ponderosa and verify a date and time. Tentative will be Dec 12 or 19, depends on availability. I'll post it as soon as I can. I will also contact the local toys for tots and see if they can have a rep join us and collect the toys. As for the clothes, I don't know who handles that locally. Maybe let the local salvation army store get involved?
Ideas???

Generaldet

imported post

Sounds good, I'm looking forward to eating there again. Hopefully I don't have to work.

For the clothing drive I planned on collecting as much as possible and then personally delivering it to the homeless and needy at a couple of shelters in Detroit. Hopefully I can get a couple of volunteers to help me with that.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum30/34673.html

WARCHILD

imported post

I just got back from Ponerosa. It's all set up, plenty of room.
The collection for the toys/coats will be handled by the local Salvation Army and donated in the name of MOC. Info listed below;

Where: Ponderosa Steakhouse
1441 E. Main St.
Owosso

When: Saturday, December 12th @ noon

Costs: Saturday lunch buffet; $9.49 + tax.
Sorry but I could not negotiate a discount.:uhoh:

Requested Donations: 1 toy or coat
To be picked up by the Salvation Army of Owosso

Thanks in advance for you support.

B

Bikenut

imported post

Lord willing and the creek don't rise...

Yooperlady and I will be there.

Edited because of a stupid typo............:cuss:

B

Bikenut

imported post

Yooperlady and I have already decided we can make it... and INKED (not penciled) it on the calendar.

conservative85

imported post

We were trying for a march in jackson that day, am i to take it that you all may not show.

Generaldet

imported post

conservative85 wrote:
We were trying for a march in jackson that day, am i to take it that you all may not show.
I didn't know that you guys settled on a date yet. It looks like it would only be a few of us for this event anyway. I don't think I'd be able to make the trip to Jackson next weekend as we have a couple prior commitments in the evening.

Hopefully we can have two very successful events on the same day.

WARCHILD

imported post

Sorry Y'all, I didn't know about the Jackson march. Should I re-schedule for the 19? That date is cleared with the manager also.

conservative85

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Sorry Y'all, I didn't know about the Jackson march. Should I re-schedule for the 19? That date is cleared with the manager also.
Na generaldet is right it looks as if only a half dozen or so will show for the march. Unless you want to do the 13th? for the din din