• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meet ponderosa

lil_freak_66

imported post

id be a maybe,somebody that has me on myspace be sure to remind me once or twice in the next week

no carrying for me though

B

Bikenut

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
id be a maybe,somebody that has me on myspace be sure to remind me once or twice in the next week

I don't do MySpace... but hey... consider yourself reminded anyway!! :D:D

lil_freak_66

imported post

Bikenut wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

lol sorry i meant facebook.

i must have a good dozen members on facebook.

B

Bikenut

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
Bikenut wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:

lol sorry i meant facebook.

i must have a good dozen members on facebook.
I don't do facebook either.... but hey... consider yourself reminded anyway.................... again!:D:D:):lol:

Was at Owosso's Ponderosa yesterday evening for dinner with Yooperlady and her son. Good food... some folks noticed my open carry... most didn't... no one cared. Even the little kids there with their parents didn't blink an eye.. nor did their parents.

I firmly believe that the more common open carry becomes the more accepted it will be by regular citizens. And the more it will drive anti gun, anti freedom, anti every right people have, pro control zealots up the wall.

Generaldet

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA
imported post

This Saturday!

Warchild, do we still have use of the conference room? If we were able to get a lot of new people we could have a little OC presentation.

Also I will have a sign up sheet for anyone who would like to become a member of MOC, Inc. I will also have some 2A March stuff for sale.

WARCHILD

imported post

Yes we do. I had planned on confirming with Marty (manager) on Wed. Try to give him an idea of just how many people we were expecting. Doesn't look like too many right now, but I will wait and see. I will also have a bag of clothes just for your drive (kinda make up for my mistake). I will also check and see if I can make any arrangements for purchasing just a drink for those of you who may want to attend but don't want to get lunch. They may/not allow this, if so I will post either way.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I plan on being there, so Springer put me down. I may have one other.

This is a great opportunity to meet MOC, Inc. new VP and the old President. We want to hear your comments about OC and how we can better do what we do.

So if you are in the area please make the trip to Owosso for a good lunch with great people.

I can meet someone from the Lansing area if they want to car pool with me. Just PM me.

WARCHILD

imported post

I just confirmed with Marty at Ponderosa....anyone who would like to attend and not have lunch, are welcome to do so. Or if you would just like to purchase a drink..coffee/soda...you are welcome also. This will be on the honor system as they have an open dining access with no way of knowing who has paid for a lunch and who has not. So I also ask, if you attend and do not wish to have lunch; please honor them and us by being honorable. Marty welcomes us and has expressed interest into having us return anytime for an ongoing relationship as a meeting place for our group. So there you go...no excuses...Show up and spend some time with us.

ETA: Tell the cashier you are there for the open carry lunch...

lil_freak_66

imported post

ok confirmed im going.

possible +1

no carrying for me though.

but is anybody up for hitting the rose lake range after?

i may wanna let my friend try out my 10/22...weather depenedent of course

its between perry and east lansing.

on peacock rd. a mile or 2 north of lansing rd.

**EDIT**

i may go to the jackson march instead,as i already have business to handle in jackson this weekend anyways

its about a 50/50

if i show up i do...if not then im @ the other place

B

Bikenut

imported post

Yooperlady and I are back home from the Ponderosa meet up and agree that we haven't had so much fun in quite a while. The good natured banter mixed in with more OC info (well, not sure if there was more BS than OC info though) made for an enjoyable 3 hour visit.

Things learned today....

Marty, the manager of Ponderosa, is a good guy. Thanks Marty.

Yoopers get picked on... a lot.

Yoopers know how to pick right back.. a lot.

A sense of humor will always help people find a common ground.

There are younger folks who are just as concerned about the state of things... and are just as passionate about standing firm for rights.

Us "old farts" truly love to see the young take up the cause... be"cause" us old farts are too old to see this thing all the way through. Thank you for coming lil_freak_66... and renewing my faith in the younger, stronger, and willing to fight the good fight next generation of OC'ers.

Yooperlady and I both think that these inside where it's warm during the winter get togethers not only turn out great... but are very necessary as a way to continue to put OC into the public view... and to help keep the momentum up.

I'll let the others tell of their encounters with some of the patrons during our lunch.

lil_freak_66

imported post

it was really nice meetin yall.hope to see ya again soon!

heres a pic of most of us(why did it take two for the camera?it has a delay feature...)

100_1663.jpg

WARCHILD

imported post

I just got home myself...side trip to my moms. Thanks to those that joined in today, it was good to see you and help TRY to keep Brian in check. I just can't take that guy anywhere.:p Good food, conversation and company...makes for a good day anytime.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i should note that i am bad with names,even who owns what username...

can you point yourselves out in the pic with a name and username?

so i dont feel stupid the next time i go to one...

lil_freak_66

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Black hat....Warchild....aka...Jerry Brewer

you actually looked fairly familiar.

i have alot of family in vernon and durand,and we shop over to the wal mart alot.

off topic,but i found out today that steak n shake is against customers being armed,concealed or otherwise.