• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC meet ponderosa

B

Bikenut

imported post

WARCHILD wrote:
Naw... you're a little confused, Brian only lets me stand out front if I'm wearing my WOOL coat.:p:p When I'm a baaaad boooy:what:
The extremely disturbing thing is.....

I learned what the "baaaaaad" reference is about!!!:D:D

DANG!! There are some mental pictures that just do NOT belong inside my head!!!!:shock::shock:

As for who is who? Yooperlady has the pink gun.... and I am the man in black.

I don't mean to equate myself with the original "man in black" Johnny Cash 'cause I can't carry a tune in a bucket... nor am I a space alien hunting member of the "men in black" 'cause I can't tell the difference between space aliens and some of the weird people I meet... I'm just so lazy I filled my closet with black pants and black shirts... even black socks and black shoes... so I don't have to bother deciding what to wear in the morning. Much easier to just bleary eyed grab what ever shirt/pants/socks/shoes that hit my hand in the morning............... secure in the knowledge that everything will match.

yooperlady

imported post

:celebrate He's not joking...everything he wears is black. That's the way it was when I met him so why change something that looks good. But then again I like to wear black to. I have always liked that color.
Sometimes he wears a red shirt then the black gun would show up better. He only wears the red when I want him to.

It was a fun afternoon. With all the things happening in our world today, it is nice to get together and enjoy friendship and laughter. It is good for the soul.

So when is the next get together...once a month would be nice.
And different places. Gets you out of the house because with winter here...Jan, Feb, & March is going to be dulldrums for us senior citizens.

As long as the weather is nice, roads are clear...bikenut and yooperlady are ready to rock and roll....lol :celebrate

Radioman

imported post

It was a fun outing even with that BAAAD guy Brian making all the BAAAAAD mental images.

It was nice to meet everyone. Just for the record I was the guy behind the camera for the picture. Gotta love needing privacy to keep the money flowing into your pocket. And with the folks not knowing and the sister-in-law being a google freak maybe its best to stay in the shadows online. Never know who is out there looking around. (no tinfoil hat here).

Yooperlady, the next get together that I know is planned right now is the dinner next Sunday at National Coney Island in Roseville. Its located right on the corner of I-696 and Gratiot Rd. Starts @ 5pm I think, Mikestilly is the organizer and it should be in the events thread too. I should be there as long as I have my christmas shopping and wrapping done.

Radioman

lil_freak_66

imported post

im up formore meets,but because of being jobless its a challenge with thattrailblazer(im gettin probably 15 highwaytops cuz i gotta change the oil,clean the throttle body anddo new spark plugs)and a lead foot.

but im always up for ride alongs if theres any takers.

oh...umm can i get real names?i really am bad with names.thanks

B

Bikenut

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
im up formore meets,but because of being jobless its a challenge with thattrailblazer(im gettin probably 15 highwaytops cuz i gotta change the oil,clean the throttle body anddo new spark plugs)and a lead foot.

but im always up for ride alongs if theres any takers.

oh...umm can i get real names?i really am bad with names.thanks
There are those folks who don't mind having their real names on the internet... and there are many more who, for many very valid reasons, don't want their real names on the 'net. Although I realize that a computer savvy person can always find a way to connect internet posts to a name there really isn't (at least for me) any good reason to make things easy for them.

So my friend... nothing personal (and I have a horrible time remembering folks' names too) but the next time we meet I'll be sure to give you my real name in person.:D

Hey! I remembered one other thing I learned at the Ponderosa meetup......

Never, ever, not even once.... get Venator's........................ goat.:what::shock::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

yooperlady

imported post

Radioman..

Have to wait till next month now. As next weekend is Christmas with my Son's and their families. At holiday time is really a bad time to get
people together. But thanks for the invitation.

We will wait until 2010 to meet with you all again...and have a good time with everyone even Venator and his baa baa black sheep....lol...

Hey if I don't get back on here before Christmas....

Everyone have your self a MERRY CHRISTMAS....and also remember
the reason for the season.....Jesus....God Bless America and all our
freedom fighters....and God Bless Everyone!!!!

Yooperlady

lil_freak_66

imported post

i understand the not wanting names online thing.

guess im waitin till next time! which i hope is soon.

how long does it usually take for the membership to get processed and mailed and all that

Michigander

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
You should do your own local gathering.

There is nothing to organizing your own event. Just start a thread, tell everyone where it will be, when, what to bring, and if possible put an image of or a link to a map.

lil_freak_66

imported post

just might do that.

ill start asking businesses what the policy is on OC.

there is another ponderosa just down the road from me actually

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
just might do that.

ill start asking businesses what the policy is on OC.

there is another ponderosa just down the road from me actually

Please do not do that Lil. There are exceptions to this but extremely rare.

Asking permission leaves a lot of room for denial.

SpringerXDacp

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
ok,how should i handle it then?

rather new to this..
Starting out it may be best to attend as many OC events as possible until you get a bit comfortable OC'ing in public. Or, OC with one or two people you know who--preferably have CPL's--can carry for you until you reach your destination.

lil_freak_66

imported post

one problem is,i have nobody that i spend time with on a regular basis that i know has a carry permit,or an advocate of OC for that matter.

may be best for me to stick to the sidelines for awhile on this.

autosurgeon

imported post

It's ok to take baby steps at first Lil most of us do... it is better to do that then to get jammed up BC you looked before ya leaped...

Keep the questions coming and we will help you get to the point where you are comfortable with the law and the responsibilities of carrying!