• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't go to Seattle looking to hunt down the guy!

Tomahawk

imported post

So maybe it's just me, but aren't body armor control lawseven dumber than gun control laws? What is the point of prohibiting someone, even a felon (used be to called "ex-cons") from protecting themselves from bullets or any other danger? It's not like you can shoot or stabsomebody with a plate of ceramic.

It's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer: the government wants to be able to kill you when the time comes.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
So maybe it's just me, but aren't body armor control lawseven dumber than gun control laws? What is the point of prohibiting someone, even a felon (used be to called "ex-cons") from protecting themselves from bullets or any other danger? It's not like you can shoot or stabsomebody with a plate of ceramic.

It's a rhetorical question, I already know the answer: the government wants to be able to kill you when the time comes.
I was thinking the same thing......things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Considering that they have all the best guns and ammo restricted to themselves, I don't think body armor is that much of an impediment.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Considering that they have all the best guns and ammo restricted to themselves, I don't think body armor is that much of an impediment.
It is if your local PD end up being their foot soldiers.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
It is if your local PD end up being their foot soldiers.
My local PD got a tax increase to buy weapons that will make Swiss cheese out of body armor.

Nitrox314

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
However, vigilante justice is prohibited everywhere, last time I checked (which was yesterday, late morning ;).) Let the police do their job, and report a tip if you have one. I hate it when people get in my way when I'm doing my job, I'd bet the investigators in this case have the same attitude.
What about bail enforcement officers AKABounty Hunters? Isn't that a form of Vigilante? But you guys do realize when the government / police are not doing what they are supposed to be doing (Or people percieve that it is not), people tend to take things into their own hands. It is a natural course of action for people. Not that I agree with it, but it tends to happen that way in history.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
However, vigilante justice is prohibited everywhere, last time I checked (which was yesterday, late morning ;).) Let the police do their job, and report a tip if you have one. I hate it when people get in my way when I'm doing my job, I'd bet the investigators in this case have the same attitude.
What about bail enforcement officers AKABounty Hunters? Isn't that a form of Vigilante?
Vigilantes I think get rewarded only by the act of what they're doing, instead of bounty hunters getting rewarded monetarily.

joeroket

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Nitrox314 wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
What about bail enforcement officers AKABounty Hunters? Isn't that a form of Vigilante?
Vigilantes I think get rewarded only by the act of what they're doing, instead of bounty hunters getting rewarded monetarily.
Bail enforcement officers go after specific people because they are giving that authority by law and they are licensed to do so whereas vigilantes go after anyone they think is committing a specific crime with no specific authority to do so.

Being a vigilante is not a crime provided you stay within the boundaries of the law for the use of force.

massivedesign

imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
What about bail enforcement officers AKABounty Hunters? Isn't that a form of Vigilante? But you guys do realize when the government / police are not doing what they are supposed to be doing (Or people percieve that it is not), people tend to take things into their own hands. It is a natural course of action for people. Not that I agree with it, but it tends to happen that way in history.
Bounty hunters are paid agents for the Bail Bondsmen, not just random people. Their job is to bring the skip BACK to jail, so the bail $$ can get released back to the company. They are also governed by law (Taylor vs. Taintor).

Being a Fugitive Recovery Agent / Bounty Hunter etc is not exactly a high paying job (in most states). Typically, here in WA, a FRA gets paid 10% of the BOND. So, if bail is $10,000, the bond (what a person needs to pay to get the Bail Bondsman to pony up the rest) is $1,000. FRA's will get 10% of that.. So.. $100...

There are times where we would get 2-3 guys in a night.. And there are times where we would go 2 weeks tracking a person. Time, Gas, food, insurance etc.. Not too profitable of a business.. but FUN!

Aaron1124

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
I am actually pro vigilantism as long as you like Joerocket says, stay within the bounds of the law.
Yep. There's certainly nothing wrong with that, in my eyes! Of course, there will be those who say "It's too dangerous! Leave it to the police! No need to risk your life!, etc etc etc"

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

Aaron1124

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
you should become a bounty hunter. there is some really good money in it.
Don't most agencies restrict their bounty hunters from carrying a pistol? I could be completely wrong, but that's just what I heard. A pretty risky job to do unarmed if you ask me.

massivedesign

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
amzbrady wrote:
you should become a bounty hunter. there is some really good money in it.
Don't most agencies restrict their bounty hunters from carrying a pistol? I could be completely wrong, but that's just what I heard. A pretty risky job to do unarmed if you ask me.
When I did it, we were armed, and licensed to be so.