• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I don't believe it

REX681959

imported post

On Sunday, Huckabee issued this statement on his Web site: "Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state."

THIS IS THE MAN WHO LET HIM OUT!!

Just goes to show you how out of touch with reality the people in goverment are.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have one question about this.

How do they know that this Clemmons fellow (the one Huckabee had released) is the killer of the 4 LEO? Was he identified by witnesses? I had heard they were looking for someone as a "person of interest" and now I hear that Clemmons is a suspect. I'm not going to jump to judgment on this.

Sorry if I sound skeptical, but I have little confidence in the media anymore. The MSM got it wrong about the census worker that was found hung in Ky. They all claimed that it had to be murder, by extremist conservatives. Turns out, it was a suicide.

Armond Reese

Banned
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
I have one question about this.

How do they know that this Clemmons fellow (the one Huckabee had released) is the killer of the 4 LEO? Was he identified by witnesses? I had heard they were looking for someone as a "person of interest" and now I hear that Clemmons is a suspect. I'm not going to jump to judgment on this.

Sorry if I sound skeptical, but I have little confidence in the media anymore. The MSM got it wrong about the census worker that was found hung in Ky. They all claimed that it had to be murder, by extremist conservatives. Turns out, it was a suicide.
Exactly. People are too fast to jump to automatic convictions.

SIGguy229

imported post

He was identified by the witnesses in the coffee shop where he shot the 4 LEOs...plus family members and friends who told police that the night before the shootings the POS said he was going to kill some cops the next day......oh and the fact he (the POS BG) suffered a gut shot by one of the LEOs he killed....

This guy was about as innocent as Maj Hasan in TX, minus the jihad....

like_the_roman

imported post

SIGguy229 wrote:
This guy was about as innocent as Maj Hasan in TX, minus the jihad....
Don't want to jump to any conclusions, but keep in mind that Islam is the fastest growing religion among the prison population in the United States

r6-rider

imported post

Armond Reese wrote:
Islam is the fastest growing religion, period. That that continues to within the penal system is no shock.
i like switzerlands new law about the minarets:cool:

fully_armed_biker

imported post

So much forjumping to conclusions...one cop killing suspect...DRT!!! :celebrate

Cost of trial... $0

Cost of incarceration to the citizens of the State of Washington... $0

One dead dirt bag... PRICELESS!!!

Editted for spelling

jp49911

imported post

TheMrMitch wrote:
Ol' Huck just shot his chances of POTUS.:uhoh:
I think he shot his chances in the 08 campaign. If not then, he definitely shot them with his horrible TV show. Either way his chances were shot long before any of these cops were.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

REX681959 wrote:
On Sunday, Huckabee issued this statement on his Web site: "Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state."

Just goes to show you how out of touch with reality the people in goverment are.
This just goes to show you, dumbass, how out of touch with reality in the world you are. Gov. Huckabee commuted the sentence from about 100 years to 50-ish years. That releases no one from prison! It does put the con into range of parole and the parole board released him without protest from the cops, DA or previous victims.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
REX681959 wrote:

This just goes to show you, dumbass, how out of touch with reality in the world you are. Gov. Huckabee commuted the sentence from about 100 years to 50-ish years. That releases no one from prison! It does put the con into range of parole and the parole board released him without protest from the cops, DA or previous victims.

Add to that the multiple times he was arrested since that parole release and was still out on the streets. Hucks involvement was but the first in a long line of LE failures to cage this animal.

Heard that one cop found him and erased him permanently. Good cop, now go get your donut.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

REX681959 wrote:

It was a commutation from life to 47 years. From what I understand a prosecutor's office was late with some required paper work after the commute and the perp was freed.

The real idiots are the two Washington judges who allowed this guy to get out on bail after having committed some very serious felonies (light raping a 12-year old girl).

TFred

imported post

Former Governor Huckabee talked about this at length last night on FoxNews.

I can't recite the dialog, but essentially, he was acting on the advice of the players in "the system" who were directly involved with that very case at the time, and, this is important, who bothered to provide input into the decision. He said that most of those involved failed to advise one way or the other, and the presiding judge in the case advised that he grant the commutation (is that the right word?)

As noted, there were many additional acts of crime and subsequent failures in the system after that one act which all failed to keep this criminal off the streets.

To his credit, Governor Huckabee was forthright with his involvement in the situation, looked directly into the camera with an unwavering expression and took full responsibility for his decision. He spoke boldly in the first person "I", not the mealy-mouthed "we".

This attitude and display of character is so far removed from the current administration and most congress critters that they probably think he is from another planet.

TFred

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

REX681959 wrote:

This is why I have been skeptical about this Huckabee chatter.

Have you not noticed that the liberals andMSM have been viciously attacking everyone that they consider a threat or potential threat to their agenda? They ahve been attempting to vilify Limgaugh, Hannity, Beck, etc, for their outspokeness against the Dem controlled congress and the Obama Administration. They have been attacking Palin like parrana, even though she hasn't even hinted that she might run for public office again.

I haven't heard any of the MSM complianing about California may be emptying their prisons. Have you?