Thread: Virginia Firearms Laws and the Use of Lethal Force

Post imported post

***Registration for this one is closed. I'll post the location and date/time for the next one here. ***

I'll be the "presenter" at this seminar to be held in Front Royal. Will benefit Operation Homefront - Virginia Chapter and the North Warren Volunteer Fire Department.

More info: http://www.virginiapistol.com/VA%20law%20lethal.html
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Post imported post

"It doesn't make sense to own a firearm and not know Virginia Law related to the ownership and use of that firearm, especially for self defense!"

Maybe Andrew Goddard and Dan Casey should attend.

Post imported post

Repeater wrote:
    "It doesn't make sense to own a firearm and not know Virginia Law related to the ownership and use of that firearm, especially for self defense!"

Maybe Andrew Goddard and Dan Casey should attend.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

user wrote:
    I'll be the "presenter" at this seminar to be held in Front Royal. Will benefit Operation Homefront - Virginia Chapter and the North Warren Volunteer Fire Department.

More info: http://www.virginiapistol.com/VA%20law%20lethal.html
    I am thinkin I might go and bring a guest with me as I have heard Dan before and he is not to be missed.

Ed

Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I'm planning to go. I attended the one in July at the Apple House in Linden. Money well spent.

Now if they could only make some kind of agreement with Melting Pot Pizza in Front Royal... seriously, the best pizza you have ever had.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

Who else is going? I registered my wife and I to attend and posted it over on the BMW Motorcycle Club site to see if any of them would be interested in going. Had 24 hours of annual leave to attend, the presentation is right in the middle of my shift. Remember that knowledge is power.
    'Till the last landings made, and we stand unafraid, on a shore not mortal has seen,
    'Till the last bugle call, sounds taps for us all,
    It's Semper Fidelis, MARINE!

Post imported post

Any plans on doing one in NOVA any time soon?

Post imported post

I'm thinking of doing a tour of the main population centers starting with NOVA, but with no specific plans as yet. I'll be sure to announce such things here when I've got more information on that.

Montclair's near the intersection of 610 and Jeff Davis Highway, isn't it? You thinking of taking 95 up?

I may do more than one in the NoVa andHampton Roads areas, but I'm also thinking of Roanoke, Charlottesville, and Richmond. It bothers me to feel like I'm missing the folks around Clintwood/Dickenson Co. and Danville, but those are both really long drives for me, and I'm not sure how many folks would want to show up in those areas.

Any opinions would be welcome, since I'm still in the process of thinking and planning.

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    Now if they could only make some kind of agreement with Melting Pot Pizza in Front Royal... seriously, the best pizza you have ever had.

+1, no doubt about it!

Post imported post

bonefish101 wrote:
    SouthernBoy wrote:

+1, no doubt about it!
    Yeah, buddy.

Hey, do y'all over in Stephen's City still have the drive-in threater operating?

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Post imported post

I havnt seen it open yet, I bought a house out ther a couple of months ago and it has been closed. Maybe its a summer thing (likely).

Post imported post

Yeah, two idiots froze to death at the Drive-in. They had gone to see "Closed for the Winter".

Post imported post

***Registration for this one is closed. I'll post the location and date/time for the next one here. ***

Post imported post

user wrote:
    Does this mean it is still on and just full, or cancelled and to be re-scheduled?

America First!

Post imported post

It's still on, and everyone who registered can come. But the deadline for registration was yesterday.

Post imported post

Looking forward to it. See you there.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Two Hands wrote:
    Hey Two Hands.. Tell Dan hi when you get there and who you are ;-)
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Two Hands wrote:
    I see this is your first post. Welcome aboard!

You're taking a great step towards learning some valuable information in this little seminar and I assure you, you will enjoy it.

America First!

Post imported post

Thank you!I'm glad to be aboard. The seminar was entertaining,and indeed very informative.