• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kentucky list of OC friendly or unfriendly businesses

Liberty4Ever

imported post

Those theaters are private property. They have the right to allow firearms, or not, just as bar owners should have the right to allow people to smoke on their property or not. We don't need government interference to complicate this while increasing the power of government. The free market handles this very efficiently and equitably. Liberty is all we need.

I'd call the theaters that don't allow firearms, and ask the manager. If told firearms aren't allowed, I'd thank the manager and tell them that I'd share that information with my many other friends who exercise their unalienable right to keep and bear arms, and we'll all go to the nearby XYZ Theater instead. You might also mention that you'll post the information to a website that tracks businesses that don't allow people to legally defend themselves. You can also search for the business name online and find reviews, and you can add a review explaining how you go to XYZ Theater at <address> because this theater won't allow patrons to legally carry firearms for their security and safety.

Starbucks is a far left leaning California company that helped elect the current anti-gun presidential administration, and they made the BUSINESS decision to allow open carry in their stores.

Invest ten minutes to post their anti-gun policy online. Be factual and calm about it. When the owner or manager Googles the name of the business and a third of the hits are negative, based on their anti-gun policy, they'll realize this is a bigger issue than they thought. It'll also serve as a positive reminder to their competitors to prevent them from adopting similar anti-gun policies.

The free market works!

windage

imported post

I am a business owner opening a new pizza shop in my hometown. We will continue to carry open or concealed and will post signs warning criminals and encouraging customers to carry.

After making sure our various business locations were posted to Google Maps, I also updated at friendorfoe.us our friendly status.

After only one conversation with the local bank pres, he saw the light of reason and had the bad signs taken off his 5 banks.

Thank you so much for a site like this and the encouragement it offers.

One more thing...my daughter and her hubby stopped by the shop yesterday to see me, both were enjoying open carry and it thrilled my heart. God Bless America, inspite of it's leaders.

Statesman

imported post

windage wrote:
I am a business owner opening a new pizza shop in my hometown. We will continue to carry open or concealed and will post signs warning criminals and encouraging customers to carry.

After making sure our various business locations were posted to Google Maps, I also updated at friendorfoe.us our friendly status.

After only one conversation with the local bank pres, he saw the light of reason and had the bad signs taken off his 5 banks.

One more thing...my daughter and her hubby stopped by the shop yesterday to see me, both were enjoying open carry and it thrilled my heart. God Bless America, inspite of it's leaders.
It's encouraging to hear a local business owner support open carry. My guess is it's a bit more accepted in your area, maybe not. Either way, if I am ever up your way, I will do my business with you. If I ever hear of any good gun sales going on in your area, I'll be sure to drive my way up there.

The only pizza place I could find in Vanceburg was Uncle Al's Pizza. I assume you are uncle Al ?

3. Uncle Al's Pizza
1105 Fairlane Drive South
Vanceburg, KY

Unfettered Might

imported post

windage wrote:

You post signs WARNING criminals??

That's awesome, I love it!

windage

imported post

Can't remember where I downloaded from...couldn't find reference to it on KC3, where I thought it came from..let's see if I got the attachment to work here. pm me and I can email it to you if you like it.

windage

imported post

Yes, the shop is actually Al's and Arty's Pizza, we will serve an "Uncle Al's" style pizza, but I am not Uncle Al...that title belongs to a retired pizza maker here in town.

I will keep you posted and will welcome open carry and hold carry events and encourage folks to join KC3, NRA and sign up to OpenCarry.org

Kriegsammler

imported post

Blockbuster on Bardstown Rd in the Highlands.. OC friendly but it may have helped that I know the Manager.. :)

I was in there last night browsing the used movies for sale. I was OCing my SA 1871 Navy Colt (.38 converted). No adults noticed but 2 young African American boys ( 8 - 10 yrs old I'd say) kept studiously browsing the movies off my strong side.. I watched them in my peripheral vision and was amused that they were flipping thru the movies but their heads were both turned in my direction.. They didn't seem scared.. just intensely and not subtly curious.. :)

Also.. Highland Coffee right next door seems OC friendly.. but then I'm a regular who is there most every day so.. (edit.. see a few posts down..)

-Adam

Kriegsammler

imported post

Qdoba on the corner of Bardstown and Eastern Pkwy..

I stopped in to get a to go order OCing my SA Uberti .38 revolver and of course there's a huge line so I was expecting it to be noticed by someone..

and it was by the man in line ahead of me.

After placing my order and moving ahead slowly in line I was "looking" at the menu but was watching him out of my peripheral as he.. turned his head toward me.. then looked down at my hip.. back to the menu... back to my hip.. back up at me.. back to my hip.. the menu.. my hip.. me.. ;)

Without looking at him directly I just leaned his way a little and asked "Don't worry sir.. I'm legal.." and slid a KY OC business card on the counter to him.. he took it.. read it then chuckled and said.. "Man I was wondering.. can he CARRY that in here like that? Thanks for the reassurance." I said No problem and smiled.. We paid and left.

A good day overall.

-Adam

Kriegsammler

imported post

Skyline Chili in Midcity Mall.. Bardstown Rd..

(am I the only one OCing in the Highlands? ) ;)

Anyway I went in there this evening to get something really unhealthy but tasty.. Walked right in.. got a nervous look from one customer.. I smiled and nodded hello to her. I was told I could sit anywhere so I sat in the front corner facing to the rear of the restaurant.. one booth right next to me occupied by 2 older men. I had no problems.

As the 2 men were leaving one paused as he passed me to say, "Glad you're here.." I was reading and looked up.. "Pardon?" He nodded at my revolver.. then said that he carried concealed himself but props to me..

Yay me.. :celebrate

Another good day.

jihadthis

imported post

Kriegsammler wrote:
Qdoba on the corner of Bardstown and Eastern Pkwy..

I stopped in to get a to go order OCing my SA Uberti .38 revolver and of course there's a huge line so I was expecting it to be noticed by someone..

and it was by the man in line ahead of me.

After placing my order and moving ahead slowly in line I was "looking" at the menu but was watching him out of my peripheral as he.. turned his head toward me.. then looked down at my hip.. back to the menu... back to my hip.. back up at me.. back to my hip.. the menu.. my hip.. me.. ;)

Without looking at him directly I just leaned his way a little and asked "Don't worry sir.. I'm legal.." and slid a KY OC business card on the counter to him.. he took it.. read it then chuckled and said.. "Man I was wondering.. can he CARRY that in here like that? Thanks for the reassurance." I said No problem and smiled.. We paid and left.

A good day overall.

-Adam

Thank you for furthering the cause of OC without the attitude that causes most anti's to become more anti!

Kriegsammler

imported post

jihadthis:

Hey just doin' what I can.. ;)

update on HIGHLAND COFFEE..

As I was leaving there tonight at closing time I got pulled aside by "Officer Larry" aka the "HCC or Highland Coffee Cop". ( he's there for extended periods just about everyday. ) I spoke to him last week asking his thoughts on OC and he was supportive.. during that conversation.. (I was not OCing at that particular time.)

He wanted to let me know that there had been some complaints made to the owner of HC about a customer OCing.. the owner had gone to Officer Larry about it and he advised he'd keep a look out. He was very surprised to discover it was me.. He started in with the "Yeah.. it's your right.. and I support it but....." statements.. he advised that b/c it was Private Property it wasn't allowed etc etc.. I pointed out it's Private Property.. open to the public.. let's be clear on that.. he waffled on that point.. shrugged it off to advise that, "the main issue here is that someone's going to call in a MWAG and the responding officer may not be me but some rookie who doesn't know the laws as well as you and I.. then they take you downtown for Disorderly and they take your gun.. and you won't get it back.." he went on to say, "The owner probably isn't even aware that it's you b/c *I just* noticed your gun a few minutes ago as you came in and walked past me. I had asked the owner what did he want to happen once I saw who it was and he (the owner) said he doesn't want weapons in the place.."

(There is a sign posted.. but it says no concealed.. regardless of the legality of the sign.)

I then stated that I needed to hear that from the owner.. and he just gave me that exasperated look and said "I'm telling you on his behalf.."

This puts me in a sticky situation here.. you need to understand that I wasn't really taking anything he said as threatening or intimidating.. (That last part maybe a little..) He was mainly just a regular at the coffee-shop trying to make sure another regular at the coffee-shop didn't get hassled by his overly enthusiastic under-informed colleagues.. he was very clear on that.. he said "Look.. you seem like a good guy.. you're here everyday.. I've seen you interacting with the staff.. it's obvious they know you by name.. I'd just hate to see you put thru alot of legal hassle."

It's true I'm there in the evenings most days of the week.. it's a hangout for not only myself but a good portion of my friends.. (None of whom are gun owners to my knowledge.. to them it's a non issue) Problem is... if I stick to my guns.. (heh) and I end up barred or I just refuse to go there out of principle.. (There's a Starbuck's right up the road..) I really doubt my entire crowd of friends are going to want to uproot over what is to them a non issue.

Is this a "pick your battles" moment?

I think it's gonna take me speaking to the owner.. perhaps once he see's that it was me being reported he'll realize that "Everyday customer who spends on average $6.50 per visit for coffee and baked good trumps random anti gunner customer who's never been there before and probably hasn't been back since".

Regardless it's empty holster time till I get this resolved.

Agree or not I'm not going to file a complaint on Officer Larry b/c he was just being straight with me about how most LEO's will react..

-Adam

PS:

Moderators.. I posted this also as a separate LEO ENCOUNTER thread I feel I'll get more input that way..

neuroblades

imported post

OK, here are just a few places I've traveled to recently that are good and clear for OC as well as CC (no signage).

Sound House Music - Pikeville - OC Friendly

Sun Espree Gas Station (The Blue Castle) - Louisa - OC Friendly

Golden Corral - New Circle Rd., Lexington - OC Friendlyu

Golden Corral - Ashland - OC Friendly

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Food City - Prestonsburg - Still has NOT Responded To Inquiries!!!!!!

Please feel free to contact them, the more people asking about OC in their stores, the better the chances we can get this one verified one way or the other.

http://www.foodcity.com/about_us/contact_us/

I've just gotten the run around from them!!!

Kriegsammler

imported post

We need more people in the Highlands.. I can't OC to EVERY business in the area.. c'mon folks.. ;) ( Actually I CAN but I'd have no reason to go into some shops and I don't want to OC in places where it wouldn't be part of my normal routine.. )

the Great Escape on Bardstown Rd.. OCed while browsing for some used sci fi books.. No reactions but I'm a regular customer so.. no real surprise.. 1st time OCing in there however.

BORDERS Books and Music on Bardstown Rd near the Watterson Xway.. I was in there OCing for about 45min.. browsing all over the store. Not sure if anyone noticed or not so I call that a win. We'll see about next time when I ask for help finding something.. ;)

On my way back to the Highlands on my scooter.. ( OCing with the big shiny brass and wood handled revolver on my hip of course.. ) I had a Metro Police cruiser in the flow of traffic behind me for 3 or 4 blocks.. we even sat at a Red light for a few minutes.. No reaction from them.. ( as it should be.. ) :celebrate

Gonna try Book and Music Exchange tomorrow..

Also had an interesting occurrence at Qdoba on Bardstown and Eastern Pky last nite.. I'll post a separate thread on that..

langzaiguy

imported post

Went to Value City Furniture to buy a bunk bed and saw their "no firearms" sign. I told the guy that I would rather spend my money at Ashley Furniture where my rights as an American are respected. He said that he was a gun owner and that it wasn't his policy, but that he understood where I was coming from. Nice guy, but VCF has anti-American values.

Kriegsammler

imported post

Book and Music Exchange on Bardstown Rd, Louisville.. Seems OC friendly.. I parked the scoot on the sidewalk right out front and walked right in to the front counter to pick up a boxed set of Battlestar Galactica seasons 2.0 and 2.5.. (awesome show btw.. I recommend it if you like good sci fi) anyway.. no looks no whispers.. no one ran out of the store screaming.

Also Station Park Honda on 9th Street. I was in there for about an hour just sitting at the front counter (strong side displayed to the rest of the showroom) waiting for a tune up/oil change to be completed on my scooter. No one said a word..

Good times.. ;)

-Adam

Tribunal Power

imported post

Elizabethtown:

Towne Mall-- Checked carefully for posted signs and found none. Wandered around that relatively-small mall for about two hours for the wife's birthday, hitting all the shops on a little spending spree. I was seriously expecting to be called in at some point, but, despite the fact that I passed several cops in the mall, not a peep.

I did, however, stop to thank a few rangers who were in uniform, and they thanked me in return, one of them noting that they respected me for OCing. O: I was pretty stoked that a US Ranger said he respected me.

Gondolier's-- Little Italian place not far from the mall. Good food, and seemingly very OC friendly. We were sitting in a booth with my holster-side to the door, in clear view, so virtually everyone saw my gun, but nobody said anything. I think the waitstaff was a little surprised, but nobody said anything and it seemed like, after the initial surprise, they all just kinda forgot about it.

Good OCing day for me, and a happy burfday for the wife. Everybody's happy. :3

Jamullinsrocks

imported post

Buffalo Wings and Rings corporate policy is anti-gun. Below is an email in response to me emailing corporate in reguards to their policy.

Thank you for visiting the Buffalo Wings & Rings website.
I understand your right as a US citizen to purchase and carry a firearm in this country. We have decided as a corporation to not allow guests to carry firearms into our restaurants. We have made this decision
based on the safety of our guests and that we are a family establishment. I understand your frustration and your right to bear arms, but we feel very strongly about this topic and will not be changing our policy
nor removing the signs.
Thank you for your feedback.
Thank you
Carrie Cox
Buffalo Wings & Rings LLC

neuroblades

imported post

We all need to start posting these businesses, whether pro or con on this site:

www.friendorfoe.com

It's a database of businesses across the U.S., if the business isn't in the database, you can add them along with a comment aboiut that business and rate them as well so that others know where to go and not to go.