• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Examiner.com: New gun rights resource in the DMV: Virginia Gun Owners Forum

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Please SUBSCRIBE to this column and DIGG & REDDIT this article:

http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m11d30-New-gun-rights-resource-in-the-DMV--Virginia-Gun-Owners-Forum

SNIP

The DMV now has yet another pro-gun source of information and cyberspace assembly area for gun owners. The Virginia Gun Owners Forum (VGOF) started up in March 2009 and its owner Rick Sandlin says the site already has "over 700 members strong with more than 21,000 forum posts . . . [and] provides a place for people within the Commonwealth of Virginia to conduct local firearm purchases, trades and sales."

TFred

imported post

I like it! However, one of the "terms of use" you must agree to when you join says:

You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where “Virginia Gun Owners Forum - VGOF” is hosted or International Law.
As anti-gun as the UN and other foreign governments are leaning these days (not to mention the anti-gun treaties we are reading about that Mr. Obama appears eager to sign), we may be agreeing to abide by a future law making it illegal to "promote" firearms...

I know, I'm just saying... :)

TFred

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What's the Dept. of Motor Vehicles got to do with gunowners in cyberspace? (Which sounds like an old Muppets show.;))

stay safe.

skidmark

TFred

imported post

skidmark wrote:
What's the Dept. of Motor Vehicles got to do with gunowners in cyberspace? (Which sounds like an old Muppets show.;))

stay safe.

skidmark
You gotta read the story, apparently those of us who think that the DMV is where you go stand in line for hours to get a bad picture taken are way behind the times...

TFred

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

TFred wrote:
skidmark wrote:

stay safe.

skidmark
You gotta read the story, apparently those of us who think that the DMV is where you go stand in line for hours to get a bad picture taken are way behind the times...

TFred
HAHA I wonder if I would have known the slang if I lived over there. I've just been calling it DC Metro ever since JAG.

wylde007

imported post

I turned another buddy of mine onto it yesterday. Hopefully he will start to contribute there, as well as here.

He was asking for "gun friendly" establishments to carry and my first suggestions for learning were this site, VCDL.org and VGOF.

He's getting his feet wet slowly. I need to get him out to an OC supper sometime. Anita and Matt, too. Harumph.