• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

bought a stolen gun?

Mrivas89

imported post

i bought a gun from a guy in the streets. he told me it was legit.
i got pulld over and had the gun. the cop ran the # and it was reported stolen?
wat happens for haveing a stolen gun?

TOF

imported post

I would think the minimum possible is receiving stolen property. If they find that it was used to shoot someone they might follow different paths.

It pays to know who you are dealing with.

NCjones

imported post

IDIOT.

I have some property to sell you cheap. Send me the money and I'll mail you the deed.

mFonz77

imported post

Yeah dude I'm sorry to say you may be at best owing some fines and at worst el Phuque-oed as they say in French-Mexican.

Do you have a copy of the bill of sale from the seller? That might be the ONLY thing that can take the boil down to a simmer. Otherwise you're screwed...sorry.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Mrivas89 wrote:
i got pulld over and had the gun. the cop ran the # and it was reported stolen?
wat happens for haveing a stolen gun?
Well... you didn't mention that the gun was siezed (as it would be). Police don't 'run' gun numbers in AZ as a matter of procedure. If you were 'pulled over'... mere possession of a firearm is no big deal without some mitigating circumstances. Actually... your 'tale' is suspicious on many angles. Posession of stolen property is an arrestable offense. You didn't mention that either. Methinks thou art a Troll.

like_the_roman

imported post

mFonz77 wrote:
Good point, didn't notice the post count. But, I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now...
From the way he wrote his post, Mrivas is probably a young gang member who purloined a gun and wants to find out what would happen if he was hypotheically caught with it.

I hope he gets swiftly caught, tried, and sent to Arpaioville.

TOF

imported post

like_the_roman wrote:
mFonz77 wrote:
Good point, didn't notice the post count. But, I'll give the benefit of the doubt for now...
From the way he wrote his post, Mrivas is probably a young gang member who purloined a gun and wants to find out what would happen if he was hypotheically caught with it.

I hope he gets swiftly caught, tried, and sent to Arpaioville.
Speaking of Arpaio, I think I missed his press conference this evening. Did any of you catch it and if so, was it a good one?

r6-rider

imported post

its so funny that all the gangster wanna be f@gs always want to break laws they know nothing about. "aw dem pigs took mah gat from me fo no reason yo wat da f***" when all they have to say is "no i refuse a search" lol just a funny observation at the stupidity thats becoming "normal" now

mFonz77

imported post

r6-rider wrote:
its so funny that all the gangster wanna be f@gs always want to break laws they know nothing about. "aw dem pigs took mah gat from me fo no reason yo wat da f***" when all they have to say is "no i refuse a search" lol just a funny observation at the stupidity thats becoming "normal" now
LOLz

protector84

imported post

First, it is rare for the police to even run serial numbers on guns. Second, it isn't even all that common for the police to take your firearm either. The last few times I've dealt with the police, they either asked me politely to keep my hands away from the firearm or they never even mentioned it at all other than watching my hands closely.

As to your question, if you knowingly are in possession of stolen property, you could be charged and convicted. If you honestly purchased the item in good faith believing it to be legitimate property, you shouldn't be charged and if so, you have a defense. In such case, the firearm will likely be seized and you probably won't get it back.

Rule of thumb, when you conduct business, you do so professionally to protect both of you. If I were to buy/sell any expensive item to someone and especially a firearm,I would produce aprinted receipt of the transaction and require a signature as well as require a valid government photo ID which I would make a photocopy of. Use common sense.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Who buys a gun 'on da streets, yo' ? Who then complains about it? Who drives around with it. Who consents to a search for no reason.... Who then isn't in jail and posts such a short, detail-devoid message on a public forum about it? 'Runs the serial number' How? And what with? Does the serial number have legs? Is it running? Is that the new "Is your refrigerator running?" joke?

Excuse me, is your serial number running?

This is one of the most obviously fake posts I have ever seen. People who are stupid enough to actually do that aren't smart enough to post the message.

There are so many layers of dumb here. Regardless of which side "fake and dumb or just plain dumb" you choose to label it, it is still obvious and dumb.

In fact, why am I even responding to something this amazingly dumb? I'd say shockingly dumb, but dumb has almost become an art form... It doesn't shock me anymore.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

protector84 wrote:
Rule of thumb, when you conduct business, you do so professionally to protect both of you. If I were to buy/sell any expensive item to someone and especially a firearm,I would produce aprinted receipt of the transaction and require a signature as well as require a valid government photo ID which I would make a photocopy of. Use common sense.
I think that is a little over the top, and I'd decline to do business with you. My ID? My signature? Would you need that to sell me your old, broken toaster? No. It's stinks of ulterior motive. Identity Theft? False Report of Theft of the item in question? How many other people did you sell it to, report it stolen, and then get it back to sell again? The OP makes a good argument for that without even knowing it. It happens with cars not all that infrequently. "He stole my car!" "No, he let me borrow it!" Who's lying? Revenge? Just a jerk?

I wouldn't buy a gun from someone I didn't at least know a little about. I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from a total stranger in the first place. Especially an item that is politically maligned; you never know when it is a bogus 'sting' operation by some mentally defunct zealot (coughbloombergcough).

Better to just not do business with a strange face, than become your own Big Brother. Hell, sell your gun at any meeting of acquaintances so that others are aware, but not filling out paperwork. It is better when everybody knows everybody, but isn't forcing 'regulations' around.

protector84

imported post

Ixtow, obviously you didn't fully read what I wrote. Note the key phrase "any expensive item." I'm not talking about a "broken toaster" as you put it. Selling or purchasing expensive items can carry liability to both parties. If I were to say buy a $10,000 piano from someone I would want something in writing. I think the same applies to a $500 firearm. If you are the buyer, you don't want to find out the gun is broken and not worth the cost of repair and you certainly don't want to find out it is stolen. If you are the seller, you don't want a knock on your door from the police wondering why you sold it to prohibited possessor. You also don't want to get sued if they say it is a faulty product. Again, use common sense when it comes to high dollar transactions. That's my opinion.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Price wasn't the point. I just think it is silly to create a gun registry all on your own of one guy....

Especially when he is a troll.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

The OP was a one-shot wonder... and a not-so intellegent one at that. (Is this what we pay big bucks to gummint schools to produce?) I want my money back.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

r6-rider wrote:

As about as bad as the "trailer trash and backwerdz folk": "Dem bastidpopo's tooks meh raffle awayz for noze gawt dern reason! I saw demlights com'on and know'd what be comin."

And yes, I have certainly heard this before.

yelohamr

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
The OP was a one-shot wonder... and a not-so intellegent one at that. (Is this what we pay big bucks to gummint schools to produce?) I want my money back.
If his story is true, he's probably in jail for recieving stolen property and has no access to a computer. In jail or not, he's still a dumba$$.

r6-rider

imported post

tekshogun wrote:
r6-rider wrote:

As about as bad as the "trailer trash and backwerdz folk": "Dem bastidpopo's tooks meh raffle awayz for noze gawt dern reason! I saw demlights com'on and know'd what be comin."

And yes, I have certainly heard this before.
sure ?