• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Raymore, MO City Council repeals open carry ban

Mike

Site Co-Founder

Article1section23

imported post

Mike wrote:
When are you guys in Missouri going to pass full preemption?

Cass county has an OC ban, interesting to hear aboutRaymond andwelcomed. Wonder ifCass Deputy would makearrest inside Raymond city limits? We will see......the Rep for the area is Scott Largent...who carried the preemption legislation last year.....Passed the house, but didn't make it out of committee in the Senate.Things will be easier after McDonald and we will see how it goes this time around.

SavageOne

imported post

The article in the Star-Herald says the law allows an unloadedweapon to be carried in the passenger compartment. I thought you were allowed to carry your weapon loaded am I wrong?

Jim40Cal

imported post

I hope this helps: Vehicles

Under the statute the right to carry loaded concealed handguns in one’s home is extended to one’s vehicle. This extended right is confined to persons 21 years old or older who lawfully possesses the firearm. This right only applies to “concealable” firearms (they mean handguns). It does NOT apply to rifles, carbines, or shotguns. It doesn’t have to make sense, it’s just the law.

Kevin L. Jamison, Attorney At Law | Author

Article1section23

imported post

Jonathan Seeley wrote:
In September I brought up the issue of open carryin Cass Countyto Major Weber of theSheriff's office and to County Commisioner Brian Baker. They were both very happy to jump right on fixing that.
Jonathan...fantastic....this was the only county that I knew of that had a complete ban on OC. Just read the code....very nice.

Great job!

Link to county code below:

http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/casscounty-slp/

RSKtakR

imported post

i live in Cass County (Raymore) and dont understand why its the only county around here that doesnt allow open carry, i have my MO CCW and carry my fire arm on my person most everywhere i go (concealed), in my car (in plain sight), loaded clip etc. so this IS legal right? and im not going to get in trouble if i get pulled over? i saw that this is up for vote in raymore on the news lastnight, i kind of support it however i think that if these council members can carry a CCW into these meetings/placesthen the citizens should be able to as well. i know that a council member isnt going to protect me if i was at some meeting if sh*t hit the fan, the first person they are going to protect is themselves, not the public. i like the idea MUCH more of me being able to protect myself instead of relieing on someone else. i just read that bill 2514 that says:

bill 2514 removes the prohibition of open carry in city limits and allows anyone over 21 to transport a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle, both of which are already allowed by state law and thus unenforceable at the city level.

so does this mean that we CAN open carry in Cass County/Raymore now? has this past yet?

slargent

imported post

Please keep me posted on the events as the unfold in Raymore. I am not the Rep for Raymore but for southern Cass county.