• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL application references?

Yooper

imported post

Only time I had contacts ever called was when applying for my CCW permit in colorado, prior to it going shall issue. I don't know what the sheriff liked about me, but in a county of 500,000+ I was the 238th person to receive a permit. I had security guards tell me (who were authorized to carry on the job) that they had been denied.

My dad put his friend down as a reference, who was sitting next to him during the gun board. The gun board got a kick out of that.

TylerJ87

imported post

Just called the county clerk and she said the referencescould be anybody so I guess it won't be much of a problem now. Thank you all for your input. I have the forms filled out now I just need to find a CPL class.

TylerJ87

imported post

PDinDetroit wrote:

I have been following that thread but I am so anxious I don't want to wait another month or month and a half. I think that is what I will have to settle for given that I am out of state until Christmas and I doubt anyone will be giving classes during the holidays

Anyway ... hope to see you at the MOC CPL class in January !