Thread: Lynchburg OC Dinner Input Thread

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I've said on various occasions I would put together an OC dinner here in Lynchburg, but never have gotten around to it so I thought I'd find out who is in the area and when y'all might be available. Those of you who might attend let me know here who you are and what times absolutely won't work for you,so I canfigure out what time might draw the best crowd.

Thereis no lack of places to eat and OC here in Lynchburg, so let's start off with one of the Ward'sRd. spots such as Olive Garden, O'Charley's, Logan's or La Carretta. My wife and Iregularly go armed to all of these and various others so I don't think we'll haveany issues provided we act respectfully, refrain from drinking alcohol while carrying our firearms and take care ofthe servers who take care of us! I'll watch the thread for the next few days to get an idea of who might join and pull the trigger on setting up something this weekend. Those of you outside the Lynchburg area are welcome to come down and join us so we can kick off a good time getting to know each other too!

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Herding cats is easier.... I have found it best to pick a place, pick a date and whoever comes, comes.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Perhaps, but we don't even know if there are cats at this point. I've had a few comments of folks wanting an OC dinner in the area and I run across people regularly who comment positively on carrying openly (had one tonight at Olive Garden), so I guess I'm just identifying the cats now.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

If you build it, they will come
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Either way as promised I'll give the Lynchburgers till the weekend.

Post imported post

If you are looking to attract anyone from out of town may I suggest the Depot or Neighbor's Place. You can eat at a chain anytime or perhaps one of the two new places downtown.

My mindset is why would anyone want to be on Ward's Road at Christmas time?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I'm hip to any of the other places, but you might be surprised how many folks around here don't even know those two places exist. My thought for Ward's Rd. was to keep it easy to find for those who may not know the area (there are a lot of non-natives here). If I ever get any useful replies of folks interested in attending who also don't mind going to restaurants off of the average Lynchburg visitor's path then there are a wealth of good places to eat around here off of Ward's Rd.

Post imported post

I have heard cats but never tried to herd cats :P... I would like to join in on an OC dinner in the area and maybe drag a friend along.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Post imported post

I would also vote for Depot grill or Neighbors but only because they are closer to me. I like Logan's better than the other chains on Wards road but you name the place and I'll try to be there.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Post imported post

nuc65 wrote:
    I have heard cats but never tried to herd cats :P...
    If you think it's hard to herd cats, try training Iraqi soldiers!
    Bitka Sve Rešava!
    B-2-10 SFG(A)/ A-2-11 SFG(A) 1977-1994

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Well I guess we'll make it Neighbor's Place since they know and love me. Now when are y'all available?

For out of towners see: http://www.theneighborsplace.com

Post imported post

I can probably be available about any time you set, so that would make it easy. The weekends are open, the weekdays I work so it would have to be in the evening.

Post imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
    nuc65 wrote:
    Saudi's ain't any easier... maybe harder. They think their chit doesn't stink and take it personally when you tell them they can't shoot worth a crap, even if you sugar coat it. They actually blamed the WEAPON because they jerked the trigger.

They were the hardest @#% in the world to teach because they just won't LISTEN and THINK they already know everything. Worse than ANY cop or other prior-service military I've ever had the "pleasure" of teaching.

back OT: Where is this "Lynchburg" place? Can I get there from here???
    Craig? Road trip time?
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    SNIOP Where is this "Lynchburg" place? Can I get there from here???
    No. Other peoplefrom Yorktown can. But, you can't. Its justthe way the roads work. Please don't try. Please stay where you are. :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    No. Other peoplefrom Yorktown can. But, you can't. Its justthe way the roads work. Please don't try. Please stay where you are. :P
    Translation: Citizen will come pick up you and your family, deliver you to Lynchburg, treat you all to a nice meal, then return you home. Nice guy isn't he?

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Translation: Citizen will come pick up you and your family, deliver you to Lynchburg, treat you all to a nice meal, then return you home. Nice guy isn't he?

Yata hey
    Richmond hostitality leaves something to be desired. :P
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
    ODA 226 wrote:
    nuc65 wrote:
    Saudi's ain't any easier... maybe harder. They think their chit doesn't stink and take it personally when you tell them they can't shoot worth a crap, even if you sugar coat it. They actually blamed the WEAPON because they jerked the trigger.

They were the hardest @#% in the world to teach because they just won't LISTEN and THINK they already know everything. Worse than ANY cop or other prior-service military I've ever had the "pleasure" of teaching.

back OT: Where is this "Lynchburg" place? Can I get there from here???
    Craig? Road trip time?
    From Yorktown: Up I 64, down US29 or I-64 to Richmond, 360 to 460 to Lynchburg.

Once someone picks a date, I may actually come over for dinner or stop for dinner and plan a trip home around it...my drive home passes right through Falwell's empire.

ETA: I reckon while my computer sat idle with this reply unsent, Citizen posted the real directions...follow those...

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
    SNIPI reckon while my computer sat idle with this reply unsent, Citizen posted the real directions...follow those...
    Hey!! Stop that! :P

Post imported post

Code:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=lynchburg,+va+map&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Lynchburg,+Virginia&gl=us&ei=n0AWS_WNMcbilAfdgvzPBQ&ved=0CAoQ8gEwAA&ll=37.413754,-79.142246&spn=1.520481,1.807251&z=9

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    Grapeshot wrote:
    Citizen wrote:
    MSC 45ACP wrote:

Yata hey
    Richmond hostitality leaves something to be desired. :P
    [spitsonground]You're not from around here, are ya', son?[\spitsonground]

Post imported post

Im all for it. unfortunately I work weekends 7pm - 7am, besides Sunday. So If it was on a sunday, or before 7pm that would be great. Otherwise, Id just take a lunch break and stop in for a quick bite.

Count me in!
    James

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

When yawl gets tired o' talkin', picks a spot, ya hear?

Seriously, name the date time and place - start a new thread (link it here) and make the announcement. They will come.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Well since I know Tuesday nights work for you Richmonders I think I'll pick a Tuesday too. Later today, look for another thread. I'll update this one as well.

Post imported post

:what: I'm looking:what:but don't see it yet

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Okey dokey all, I've put up a new post scheduling the OC dinner. See the new thread here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...mp;forum_id=54