• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lynchburg OC Dinner Input Thread

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I've said on various occasions I would put together an OC dinner here in Lynchburg, but never have gotten around to it so I thought I'd find out who is in the area and when y'all might be available. Those of you who might attend let me know here who you are and what times absolutely won't work for you,so I canfigure out what time might draw the best crowd.

Thereis no lack of places to eat and OC here in Lynchburg, so let's start off with one of the Ward'sRd. spots such as Olive Garden, O'Charley's, Logan's or La Carretta. My wife and Iregularly go armed to all of these and various others so I don't think we'll haveany issues provided we act respectfully, refrain from drinking alcohol while carrying our firearms and take care ofthe servers who take care of us! I'll watch the thread for the next few days to get an idea of who might join and pull the trigger on setting up something this weekend. Those of you outside the Lynchburg area are welcome to come down and join us so we can kick off a good time getting to know each other too!

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Perhaps, but we don't even know if there are cats at this point. I've had a few comments of folks wanting an OC dinner in the area and I run across people regularly who comment positively on carrying openly (had one tonight at Olive Garden), so I guess I'm just identifying the cats now. :)

kenny

imported post

If you are looking to attract anyone from out of town may I suggest the Depot or Neighbor's Place. You can eat at a chain anytime or perhaps one of the two new places downtown.

My mindset is why would anyone want to be on Ward's Road at Christmas time?

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm hip to any of the other places, but you might be surprised how many folks around here don't even know those two places exist. My thought for Ward's Rd. was to keep it easy to find for those who may not know the area (there are a lot of non-natives here). If I ever get any useful replies of folks interested in attending who also don't mind going to restaurants off of the average Lynchburg visitor's path then there are a wealth of good places to eat around here off of Ward's Rd.

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

I have heard cats but never tried to herd cats :p... I would like to join in on an OC dinner in the area and maybe drag a friend along.

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

I would also vote for Depot grill or Neighbors but only because they are closer to me. I like Logan's better than the other chains on Wards road but you name the place and I'll try to be there.

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

I can probably be available about any time you set, so that would make it easy. The weekends are open, the weekdays I work so it would have to be in the evening.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
nuc65 wrote:
I have heard cats but never tried to herd cats :p...
If you think it's hard to herd cats, try training Iraqi soldiers! :banghead:

Saudi's ain't any easier... maybe harder. They think their chit doesn't stink and take it personally when you tell them they can't shoot worth a crap, even if you sugar coat it. They actually blamed the WEAPON because they jerked the trigger.

They were the hardest @#% in the world to teach because they just won't LISTEN and THINK they already know everything. Worse than ANY cop or other prior-service military I've ever had the "pleasure" of teaching.

back OT: Where is this "Lynchburg" place? Can I get there from here???
Craig? Road trip time?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
SNIOP Where is this "Lynchburg" place? Can I get there from here???
No. Other peoplefrom Yorktown can. But, you can't. Its justthe way the roads work. Please don't try. Please stay where you are. :):p

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Citizen wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
No. Other peoplefrom Yorktown can. But, you can't. Its justthe way the roads work. Please don't try. Please stay where you are. :):p
Translation: Citizen will come pick up you and your family, deliver you to Lynchburg, treat you all to a nice meal, then return you home. Nice guy isn't he? :lol:

Yata hey

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Translation: Citizen will come pick up you and your family, deliver you to Lynchburg, treat you all to a nice meal, then return you home. Nice guy isn't he? :lol:

Yata hey
Richmond hostitality leaves something to be desired. :p

SaltH2OHokie

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
ODA 226 wrote:
nuc65 wrote:
I have heard cats but never tried to herd cats :p...
If you think it's hard to herd cats, try training Iraqi soldiers! :banghead:

Saudi's ain't any easier... maybe harder. They think their chit doesn't stink and take it personally when you tell them they can't shoot worth a crap, even if you sugar coat it. They actually blamed the WEAPON because they jerked the trigger.

They were the hardest @#% in the world to teach because they just won't LISTEN and THINK they already know everything. Worse than ANY cop or other prior-service military I've ever had the "pleasure" of teaching.

back OT: Where is this "Lynchburg" place? Can I get there from here???
Craig? Road trip time?

From Yorktown: Up I 64, down US29 or I-64 to Richmond, 360 to 460 to Lynchburg.

Once someone picks a date, I may actually come over for dinner or stop for dinner and plan a trip home around it...my drive home passes right through Falwell's empire.

ETA: I reckon while my computer sat idle with this reply unsent, Citizen posted the real directions...follow those... :lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
SNIPI reckon while my computer sat idle with this reply unsent, Citizen posted the real directions...follow those... :lol:
Hey!! Stop that! :cuss::):p

nuc65

Activist Member
imported post

Code:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=lynchburg,+va+map&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Lynchburg,+Virginia&gl=us&ei=n0AWS_WNMcbilAfdgvzPBQ&ved=0CAoQ8gEwAA&ll=37.413754,-79.142246&spn=1.520481,1.807251&z=9

maps

Glock27Bill

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Citizen wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:

Yata hey
Richmond hostitality leaves something to be desired. :p
[spitsonground]You're not from around here, are ya', son?[\spitsonground] ;)