• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Springfield Armory XD-45 Tactical model

jtallen1190

imported post

I own a 45 XD and so far I have had no malfunctions with the weapon for a semi-auto pistol.I would say that I am comfortable with it and feels good when I am holding it also. It has high capacityt mags that hold 13+1 of 45 rounds. I would say that holding that many 45 corbon +p ammo it should do the job no matter what. It came with a speedloader, mag pouch, papers, box, cleaning rod and brush and two magsbut I purchased an extra to fill up the mag pouch that came with it andthat holds two mags in it. It is accurate up to at least 20 yards but that is as far as I have shot it. I find it hits within an inch or 2 from where I am aiming at that distance but I just got the gun not that long ago so with more practice It should get better. I think it would make a good open carry gun but maybe not a CCW gun because it is kind of big for that. It has a five inch barrel and can fire +p +p+ ammo and probably any ammo you wanted to feed it. It is also easy to field strip and cleans really easily. I am happy with it but it may not be for everyone. This is just my opinion of it. Thank you for reading and God Bless.

CrossFire

imported post

I have the XD45 in 4" and the XD9 in 3". I have had no problems with either gun after 2000/3000 rounds thru each. I carry the XD9 CC however I can not carry the XD45 CC or OC. It is too large for OC and Texas does not allow OC. In short I love these two guns and will probably add more XD's in the future.:)

jtallen1190

imported post

I would definitely know my gun will fire anytime. I would trust in it to save my life anyday. These are very good guns. Good for you to buy guns so nice. God bless

MamaLiberty

imported post

I carry an XD compact .45 all the time, everywhere. I mostly carry OC, but on occasion have carried CC. The XD isn't EASY to conceal, but it can be done with the smaller magazine. The larger versions would, no doubt, be more difficult to conceal.

This one has spit out every round fed it without any problems. It is smooth to draw, and great to shoot.

I've got other guns, but this one is my all time favorite to carry and to shoot.

Jeff Hayes

imported post

I OC my XD tactical .45 most every day in a Blackhawk Serpa holster. I have on occasion CCed it in the winter. I,m 6-6 240lbs, with a coat I can pull it off CCing that big of a weaponpretty easily. So far 1000+ rds and no FTF, FTE or go bang when I pull the trigger. I have firedall kinds of different ammo HP, FMJ no problems. I trust it with my life.

Orphan

FreddyFrog

imported post

I've had no problems with my XD .45 Compact w/ the 4" Barrel. I CC it a lot and don't really have any problem doing it. It's more apt to "print" when your not just walking around or standing but most everyone can tell I'm active duty military so I think that keeps some people from asking any questions if they even figure out that that bulge is a pistol. So far mines had about 1000 rounds through it with no problems. Pretty accurate. I shoot 1911's better but i definetly feel thats me, not the pistol. Get smaller and smaller groups every time at the range. Soon as I can afford a good OC holster for it that I like then I'll OC it as well.

I will say this though, all factory ammo seems to shoot just fine out of it, some brands have more pronounced differences than others but if your shooting reloaded ammo, don't expect any type of good results even for just plinking at the target. Maybe it's just my XD specifically, but it just doesn't get good results with mass made reloads. Handloads made with care are superior in accuracy, and factory is fine, but mass reloads not so much.

When I return from this deployment in Afghanistan (should be done in july) I'll post a performance update on my XD because it'll be getting 3,000 to 5,000 rounds a day through it. Right now i'm just shooting in some extra time while on R&R and it's brand new.

jtallen1190

imported post

When I return from this deployment in Afghanistan (should be done in july) I'll post a performance update on my XD because it'll be getting 3,000 to 5,000 rounds a day through it. Right now i'm just shooting in some extra time while on R&R and it's brand new.
That would be good. I would like to know how that goes.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

FreddyFrog wrote:
snip.....
I'll post a performance update on my XD because it'll be getting 3,000 to 5,000 rounds a day through it. Right now i'm just shooting in some extra time while on R&R and it's brand new.
Presuming 8 hours shooting per day, that's between 375 and 625 rounds an hour or up to 10 rds per minute for 8 hours straight.

Don't know who is carrying your ammo for you, but I'd recommend that they carry a couple of extra barrels too.

Yata hey

Alexcabbie

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
FreddyFrog wrote:
snip.....
I'll post a performance update on my XD because it'll be getting 3,000 to 5,000 rounds a day through it. Right now i'm just shooting in some extra time while on R&R and it's brand new.
Presuming 8 hours shooting per day, that's between 375 and 625 rounds an hour or up to 10 rds per minute for 8 hours straight.

Don't know who is carrying your ammo for you, but I'd recommend that they carry a couple of extra barrels too.

Yata hey
Indeed. And with the cost of ammo these days, that would be one extra barrel for the weapon and one barrel to wear. 3,000 rounds a day at - oh, lets be conservative - thirty cents a round? Cripes. That's 900 dollars a day, $6,300 a week. $327,500 A YEAR. This guy isn't one of the AIG Bailout Bonus boys is he??:uhoh:

jtallen1190

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
FreddyFrog wrote:
snip.....

Yata hey
Indeed. And with the cost of ammo these days, that would be one extra barrel for the weapon and one barrel to wear. 3,000 rounds a day at - oh, lets be conservative - thirty cents a round? Cripes. That's 900 dollars a day, $6,300 a week. $327,500 A YEAR. This guy isn't one of the AIG Bailout Bonus boys is he??:uhoh:
I Agree. What a waist of money. It does not take that much training to get good with a pistol.

KansasMustang

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
FreddyFrog wrote:
snip.....

Yata hey
I spent 25 years US Army, fired my M1911 often,,fired all weapons from both coaxially mounted machineguns and .50 cal. But in my life I'm bettin I've NEVER fired more than 1000 rounds a day, even with full auto machineguns. I'd bet that after oh say 200 rounds that XD is gonna be jammed up with powder,,sorry fella, that dog don't hunt here. Ya can't BS a Bs'er. BUT having said all that, MY XD is the finest handgun I've ever owned and fired!!!:lol::celebrate

gsx1138

imported post

I love my xd45 and it's only had 1 failure to eject in 2k rounds. And quite honestly I think I may have limp wristed that shot while experimenting with different grips.

I've got a FNP-9 coming soon so I hope that one is just as good.