• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Disarm LEO, Interesting article

mark28699

imported post

The article is so ridiculous I couldn't even finish reading it. Ditto on the Carter comment with the addition of Clinton.

My wife's from England where most cops don't carry. I think that will change very soon allowing all cops to carry. They've had many close calls over the last few years with having to call in cops who do carry. Crime has exploded due to all of the third world immigration allowed in their country.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Considering that cops are notorious for murdering people, I find this idea to be perfect.

You guys are nuts.
You said it.

Edit: Anybody who finds such conversation genuinely interesting is highly encouraged to read the following article which analyzes the history of law enforcement and professional policing in America:

http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm

woody510

imported post

i wouldn't go as far as disarming LE but close... i think they should have a recruit depo. similar to military but in every state, with a lot more testing and training on the laws not just that BS multiple choice and they should all be held accountable when they violate some ones rights just like normal citizens. You hand cuff some one you better have that probable cause or your a$$ is on the line.

I believe in enforcing the reasonable laws but i don't agree with ignorant police officers or BS gun laws

an where i live near Richmond shit you tell all those drug deal'in gang-bangers the cops don't have guns and your just asking for trouble it would be all out war seriously not good

Poblacht32

imported post

My wife & I travel back to Ireland quite a bit for vacation and I've never seen a Police Officer over there with a handgun or any type ofweapon! Northern Ireland is a different story though. I've seen the police there with machine guns. That was 10 yrs. ago though so maybe not anymore as it's a lot more peaceful now with a new govn't in place.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

McX wrote:
Disarm the ones that violate citizen gun rights. That would humble them!
Heh.

Poblacht32 wrote:
My wife & I travel back to Ireland quite a bit for vacation and I've never seen a Police Officer over there with a handgun or any type ofweapon! Northern Ireland is a different story though. I've seen the police there with machine guns. That was 10 yrs. ago though so maybe not anymore as it's a lot more peaceful now with a new govn't in place.
More peaceful, maybe, but every so often I hear about some major crime on the BBC podcasts I subscribe to, and I wonder, did the Troubles really end?

Poblacht32

imported post

They "haven't" completely ended but it's not like it used to be. You havethe dissendents out there trying to cause trouble but they don't have the support like the IRA did over the years. Also, don't believe everything you hear from the BBC when it comes to the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland. They have a history of being very biased on their reporting. I do read the BBC but don't agree with everything they're saying.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Poblacht32 wrote:
They "haven't" completed ended but it's not like it used to be. You havethe dissendents out there trying to cause trouble but they don't have the support like the IRA did over the years. Also, don't believe everything you hear from the BBC when it comes to the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland. They have a history of being very biased on their reporting. I do read the BBC but don't agree with everything they're saying.
Oh, I don't usually listen more than a couple minutes. I mostly just read the podcast description where it says "Northern Ireland" such and such, no mention of the Troubles, as if it's a dirty word.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

mark28699 wrote:
The article is so ridiculous I couldn't even finish reading it. Ditto on the Carter comment with the addition of Clinton.

My wife's from England where most cops don't carry. I think that will change very soon allowing all cops to carry. They've had many close calls over the last few years with having to call in cops who do carry. Crime has exploded due to all of the third world immigration allowed in their country.
I lived in London in 2005.

It provided an interesting dichotomy. "Bobbies" who are unarmed and provide directions with a smile.

But they have fascist traffic cops who search the cars of drivers without suspicion, just like we do here.

And, if they suspect innocent Brazilians of terrorism for no good reason, they show up with a squad of tacticool clowns with MP5s and shoot the victim 37 times.

Disarmed street cops de-escalate happenstance encounters. Militarized police are not a good thing.

The only people who should be armed on a regular basis are citizens, NOT the state.

The state should require a warrant to bear arms against its citizens.

coolusername2007

imported post

McX wrote:
+1

This system is already in place. When a LEO violates any of your civil rights (which is never a minor infraction IMO) then you hold them accountable. You file complaints,civil lawsuits and try to get the DA to filecriminal lawsuits. Its a system that works pretty well.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
McX wrote:
+1

This system is already in place. When a LEO violates any of your civil rights (which is never a minor infraction IMO) then you hold them accountable. You file complaints,civil lawsuits and try to get the DA to filecriminal lawsuits. Its a system that works pretty well.
Sarcasm detected! :quirky

coolusername2007

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
McX wrote:
+1

This system is already in place.  When a LEO violates any of your civil rights (which is never a minor infraction IMO) then you hold them accountable.  You file complaints, civil lawsuits and try to get the DA to file criminal lawsuits.  Its a system that works pretty well.
Sarcasm detected! :quirky

No sarcasm. I believe we have the best system possible. Whether one chooses to use the system to its fullest extent is their personal choice. When someone creates a system that is void of personal favors and corruption then I'll choose that one...until then I'm happy.

The issue here is the fact that individual LEOs choose to go over-step their bounds. Why is this? Maybe because its poor training, lack of accountability, fear, etc., or all of the above. Hopefully as LEOs become more aware of our 2A rights and us holding them accountable to our 4A rights they will become better LEOs overall...not just for us but for eveyone.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
McX wrote:
+1

This system is already in place.  When a LEO violates any of your civil rights (which is never a minor infraction IMO) then you hold them accountable.  You file complaints, civil lawsuits and try to get the DA to file criminal lawsuits.  Its a system that works pretty well.
Wow. What country are you living in these days? Sounds great!

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

marshaul wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
McX wrote:
+1

Wow. What country are you living in these days? Sounds great!
Yep, in my country complaints hit the circular file, civil lawsuits are defended with unlimited funds (tax dollars), and DAs are more likely to charge a citizen for being a victim of criminal police than the other way around.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
So dirtykoala's complaints about how his rights were violated were heard? If I recall correctly, they came back with a big ole, "We didn't do anything wrong." And when wolfenstein files his complaint, are we going to see the DA and the FBI all over the blatant violations of his fourth amendment? I think not.

Sadly, we have to put our own ass on the line and file a civil lawsuit in federal court if we want any actual recourse to take place. And if we lose, we end up paying tens of thousands of dollars (at a minimum) to the government's lawyers. I might have some hope for the system if the DA wouldn't have to prosecute and defend the police officers in a criminal case, but as it is today, we're lowly peasants in the government's eye.