Thread: OC INSIDE AURORA

Post imported post

I'm new to the site.. I've been researching a lot about firearm rights and individual experiences of OC.. I'm born and raised in Aurora and never seen anyone carry a handgun in open site.. Besides the LEO and Security guards but inany other case nobody. Is itbecause there is some law prohibiting it or the fact that people become frighten when they see agun.. Also I'd like to addwhich may or may not make a difference that I'am young black male.Which for some foolish people might throw me inthe category as agangbanga drive-by maniac..lol Do youthinkit would be a wise choice for me to OC? I'd appreciate any helpful advice anyone could give me. THANX

Post imported post

Welcome to the site.

I was born and raised in Aurora as well (and I still live there). I OC in Aurora quite often and generally have no problems whatsoever. I have had Aurora Police talk to me but technically they cant stop you because OC is not a crime. Most people dont even notice that I'm carrying but I occasionally get a few looks from people when I'm in a store shopping.
    "There are those who still think they are holding the pass against a revolution that may be coming up the road. But they are gazing in the wrong direction. The revolution is behind them. It went by in the Night of Depression, singing songs of freedom" -- Garet Garrett, The Revolution Was (1938)

Post imported post

Thank you for your response.. I carry a XD40 sub-compact which issmaller compare to my other handguns.. Which Ifeel onceinside the holster it's very unnoticeable and in no wayalarming.. I mainlyjust don't want to end up a victim of police deadly force..lol

Post imported post

Dynblitz wrote:
    Thank you for your response.. I carry a XD40 sub-compact which issmaller compare to my other handguns.. Which Ifeel onceinside the holster it's very unnoticeable and in no wayalarming.. I mainlyjust don't want to end up a victim of police deadly force..lol
    Sounds like you'll be fine. Welcome to the forum! My sub-compact, in the holster and on the hip, is not very noticeable at all. In fact, I've had many friends say - "Oh I thought that was your cell phone..." or similar. Let us know about your first experience.