• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC INSIDE AURORA

Dynblitz

imported post

I'm new to the site.. I've been researching a lot about firearm rights and individual experiences of OC.. I'm born and raised in Aurora and never seen anyone carry a handgun in open site.. Besides the LEO and Security guards but inany other case nobody. Is itbecause there is some law prohibiting it or the fact that people become frighten when they see agun.. Also I'd like to addwhich may or may not make a difference that I'am young black male.Which for some foolish people might throw me inthe category as agangbanga drive-by maniac..lol Do youthinkit would be a wise choice for me to OC? I'd appreciate any helpful advice anyone could give me. THANX

entartet17

imported post

Welcome to the site.

I was born and raised in Aurora as well (and I still live there). I OC in Aurora quite often and generally have no problems whatsoever. I have had Aurora Police talk to me but technically they cant stop you because OC is not a crime. Most people dont even notice that I'm carrying but I occasionally get a few looks from people when I'm in a store shopping.

Dynblitz

imported post

Thank you for your response.. I carry a XD40 sub-compact which issmaller compare to my other handguns.. Which Ifeel onceinside the holster it's very unnoticeable and in no wayalarming.. I mainlyjust don't want to end up a victim of police deadly force..lol

cscitney87

imported post

Dynblitz wrote:
Thank you for your response.. I carry a XD40 sub-compact which issmaller compare to my other handguns.. Which Ifeel onceinside the holster it's very unnoticeable and in no wayalarming.. I mainlyjust don't want to end up a victim of police deadly force..lol
Sounds like you'll be fine. Welcome to the forum! My sub-compact, in the holster and on the hip, is not very noticeable at all. In fact, I've had many friends say - "Oh I thought that was your cell phone..." or similar. Let us know about your first experience.