• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The WA board is about dead for me

swatspyder

imported post

With all of the information being posted lately and everyone going e-postal on each other, this board is just becoming a waste of time to peruse and reply in.

This isn't the first board that I would be leaving, but it is for the exact same reason as before. Too many great posts gone to crap and most of the others start out that way.

I'm taking a break after tonight. Maybe things will settle down, but i highly doubt it.

:arrow: Updates

I'm going to sit back and watch for a while. If I have something to add, I will, otherwise I'll just watch what everyone is discussing on the board.

As to Boo Boo's rant on why there is no update on the shirts. The t-shirts are on hold because gogodawgs hasn't responded to my PMs about a full cost quote from his employer. Hopefully he will be able to give a solid quote soon. He said that he might be able to get the shirts around $6 dollars a shirt, the other store that I called, which Boo Boo suggested, would be around $14 dollars a shirt. Even once I have a quote, half of the full cost of the shirts has to be sent in before they start, and paid in full before we receive them.

@ Alan|Misguided Child,
First of all, if all of the posts in this board were OC related, we'd have a contribution about once or twice a week. Second, not all of your topics have been OC related either... Like other people have said, the winter time equals less time open carrying, thus, more off topic posts. Third, if I post a question, OC related or off topic, who cares? I figure someone on here might know the answer, otherwise I wouldn't post that question here.

And btw, doing a quote of the first poster can capture their original message before they have a chance to edit and change it, or replace it with a "." like Boo Boo would do.

FMCDH

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
With all of the information being posted lately and everyone going e-postal on each other, this board is just becoming a waste of time to peruse and reply in.

This isn't the first board that I would be leaving, but it is for the exact same reason as before. Too many great posts gone to crap and most of the others start out that way.

I'm taking a break after tonight. Maybe things will settle down, but i highly doubt it.
You choose to let bother you, what bothers you brother. Let the crap go, concentrate on being involved with the good aspects, and improving it by your example.

Sorry to see you go, but you gotta do what you gotta do, the way you believe you gotta do it.

"Carry On."

Dave The Welder

imported post

I remember when I was the first OCer on the board in all of eastern Washington. Times have changed on the board however, and I rarely post anymore for the same reason. Too many people that would rather jump to conclusions than take the time to understand one another.

nofoa

imported post

I prefer this board over any other gun forum i've come across. The ability to express your opinions here may seem like a slugging match. But its better than the no swearing child proof playpen that is defensive carry. Or the Trench warfare of AR15.

The only other forum i bother checking out is mp-pistol.com because its specific to my carry weapon.

M

McX

imported post

Besides, only here, on this forum can you find the dancing monkey! You simply must stay! :monkey

Metalhead47

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
swatspyder wrote:

You choose to let bother you, what bothers you brother. Let the crap go, concentrate on being involved with the good aspects, and improving it by your example.

Sorry to see you go, but you gotta do what you gotta do, the way you believe you gotta do it.

"Carry On."
+1

I think you're gonna see degeneration like this to some degree anywhere you have a forum of extremely strong-willed folks who love to argue. I think things have definitely taken a turn for the worse around here lately, but it seems like some people might be realizing it now too. You'd be hard pressed to find a more strong-willed bunch than OCers, the lifestyle its self demands a certain amount of in-your-face-ism. At least for the foreseeable future. Ignore the catfights, there is still lots of good info on here. Maybe it's just the nature of the internet that these forums come & go in cycles.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

swatspyder wrote:

Might you start a thread that contains content you like and think is important?

Or, if you don't like someone else's pionts or arguments, might you post your own in reply and rebuttal or reputation?

Discussion forums are for, uhm, discussion.

I don't think, as a general proposition, that the WA forum is particularly offbeat. Lots of good information in the WA forum...certainly, not a "waste of time."

Metalhead47 wrote:
You'd be hard pressed to find a more strong-willed bunch than OCers, the lifestyle its self demands a certain amount of in-your-face-ism. At least for the foreseeable future.

"the lifestyle..."

?????

That's an interesting concept. OC as/is a.....lifestyle.

I'll have to think about that one for a while.
39.gif

And to assert that such a lifestyle to DEMAND "in-your-face-ism" is kind of revealing, too.

Rough, tough....goes in alone....ready for combat...takes no shizzit from anyone...confident...prepared....respected....feared....backs down to no one...

Hmmm, an OC .....lifestyle.

I dunno, I gotta think about that one....

gsx1138

imported post

It's the internet bro!

I know I try my best to ignore it but I get sucked into pissing matches sometimes as well.

Look, I know it's been a little salty around here so here's a present for you.

kitten.jpg

C'mon, who doesn't love a kitten with a sniper rifle. Cheer up! :)

imported post

not really Gray runs his mouth against anyone who doesn't kiss his ass. and thinks way to highly of himself. feeels that he himself should be the only one listened to and if you disagree or take his limelight away that he will do what he can to hate you.

his throne is high in the sky. and jp still needs to find his balls and stand up for himself and not be bullied like the rest of the people in the wahtf, it really is a shame that everyone felt they needed to bully and when one stands up to them they can't handle it. what a joke this forum has become.

allowing the media to control what you hear and see, and then the forum bullies trying to be the all powerful and knock anyone down who doesn't follow them.

reminds me of how Hitler tried to kill everyone but the true germans.

I've met a couple good people here, but I have met a bunch of aholes too. its good to see the internet bullies are out and about in full force this week.

see you all later, since you can't drop it

Tawnos

imported post

GP runs his mouth wrote:
not really Gray runs his mouth against anyone who doesn't kiss his ass. and thinks way to highly of himself. feeels that he himself should be the only one listened to and if you disagree or take his limelight away that he will do what he can to hate you.

his throne is high in the sky. and jp still needs to find his balls and stand up for himself and not be bullied like the rest of the people in the wahtf, it really is a shame that everyone felt they needed to bully and when one stands up to them they can't handle it. what a joke this forum has become.

allowing the media to control what you hear and see, and then the forum bullies trying to be the all powerful and knock anyone down who doesn't follow them.

I've met a couple good people here, but I have met a bunch of aholes too. its good to see the internet bullies are out and about in full force this week.

Bye Boo Boo. It's a fitting way to go - out with a Godwin.

Batousaii

imported post

I am gonna stick it out and STAY - All good relationships go through difficult times, and i dont see the forum being much different.

- I will do my best to self moderate, and i usually avoid prolonging any bad threads with repeated posts. I might drop my 2 cents there, but then leave it at that, as a dollars worth of commentary funds the trolls another round trip through our forum. I do differentiate between a "troll" and a poster with an opposing view, however the antagonists (i feel) need to be moderated out along with the trolls. Anyone not posting in an effort to discuss, properly debate, or present an alternative viewpoint is in my view aberrant, out of place, and cancerous to the forum and should be moderated against. The rules state this to similar effect, and the rules actually afford the average poster a great amount of flexibility and affordability towards posting their relative viewpoint, no matter how opposing or supporting it is of a given topic. We then should be more pro-active with "self moderation", and use courtesy, manners, politeness, even chivalry in an effort to clean up and properly represent ourselves to the public eye that i am sure observes us as an exampleof the gun culture.

- We want our "cause" to be favored and accepted (normalised) so it can move forward... then act favorably and acceptably ... Act normal as yourpeers would expect it.

:dude:Batousaii

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

I've met some good people here... and had some good OC outings with peeps from here...

Internet forums always have those types that have no other life... so they make the forum their main focus and become destructive to that end...

Me, I just get on when I have free time... some times I have a lot of free time... but most of the time, I just don't have the time to post or to get involved in the petty arguments that go on here at times.

Best rule of thumb is... take a break for a couple weeks or months... there are plenty of other things to do out in the world that have nothing to do with the Internet.

Misguided Child

imported post

Swat,
Nothing personal here but I won't be sad to see you go. I think you are responsible for about 20% of the reason this board has gone downhill. You post a lot of pointless off topic threads and comments that result in discussions that don't benefit the board. This thread is a pretty good example. It is clearly a cry for help. You want somebody to jump on here and stroke your ego by telling you they want you to stay. It makes no sense for you to drop off the Washington board when apparently you continue to post on the other boards. You have no experience, no training, you've been old enough to carry a pistol for what, a whole month? You bring nothing to this board.
Like I said, nothing personal. I would welcome your questions if they were on topic and feel free to join in anytime you have experience or training that would make you a valuable asset to the board.

Also, what is with the practice of the second poster doing a full quote of the first poster. Do these people think we won't understand they're replying to the only other post in the thread?
Alan

amlevin

imported post

Most of the jerks that drop in to forums such as this end up "killing" themselves with their own weapons----their big mouths.

I kind of find them entertaining from time to time. Sometimes I even make bets with myself as to when they will melt down.

Anyone here remember the heyday of CB Radio? Remember all the "bucket mouths" that were so baaaad? In the end they usually turned out to be some 13 year old kid that was playing with's his dad's radio while the old man was out trying to make a living.

What's the difference here? Just the toys.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

.....the more of the good posters that leave the more this forum becuase bad....I'm with Batousai I am going to stick it out I have seen this forum go up and down the trouble makers usually don't last too long they either get bored or banned.

Kildars

imported post

Boo Boo Whining wrote:

Played police and try to pull anyone over today?

imported post

no problem here, I guess that only affects you. don't worry, I wont stop on your corner and contribute to your unethical funding. I know you had a hard day. but its ok, now go run off little girl.