Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Marice Clemmons, Search. 1 house and 2 apartments Destroyed, and police nevr expected to find him

State of Disbelief in King County, Washington, USA

Post imported post

This is not a direct bash, and I am in full support of the apprehension of Maurice Clemonns. What happened in Lakewood was a tragedy of unheard of kind. And I am in full support of all legal methods to apprehend him, but what I am seeing is NOT RIGHT.

BUT , Seattle Police have now detroyed 1 house and 2 apartments, of family of Clemons, and ADMIT THAT THEY NEVER EXPECTED TO FIND HIM AT ANY OF THEM.

That this was a campaign described by Ed Troyer(?) to Make family members miserable to discourage aiding Clemmons.

Ok so you search a house...
    Why slash open cushions? Maurice is not going to be hiding in a throw pillow. Not only the couch, but the actual cushions of the couch where slashed. Why destroy family photos on shelves? Why smash dinner ware in cabinets plates, and dishes? and break appliances? You can't fit a 250 pound man in a dishwasher. Why dump out silverware? and trash the whole apartment? You have to search yes, but you have to restrict that to what is reasonable. And now admitting you never expected him to be there. That is terrorizing the family who are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. And unless that niece is the BEST actress I have ever seen I believe, her. She is terrified of what the police did to her and her neighbor.

I fully support the efforts of law enforcement but to simply destroy family homes to get to someone who they admit they knew wasn't there starts to sound like vigilantism.

Kiro, King, and Komo, all reported the above facts, including excerps from the niece whos apartment was destroyed, and her neighbor's apartment that was destroyed. And I do mean destroyed.

And Troyer Admits on camera it is a campaign to intimidate and make miserable his family. And that Police never expected to find Clemmons at the addresses.

Starts to sound like tactics of Northern Ireland, and the I.R.A.

Thoughts

Here is basic coverage with confirmations on above statements.
    http://www.komonews.com/news/78184447.html

Post imported post

Wow, that blows my mind as to why they think it's okay to do such a thing. Officers who cannot control their anger and emotion due to the admittedly terrible and difficult circumstances should not be a part of the investigation and search.

Post imported post

And they wonder were the disdain for them comes from

Post imported post

Typical police behavior...not sure why anyone would be surprised by it. Maybe Marice was abused by cops in the past and he decided to do something about it. I'll tell you what, if the cops that he killed behaved like the cops in the OP, it would change how I feel about them dying.

Post imported post

Where did you read that they were breaking dishes and slashing couches?

Post imported post

Didn't read it, they were showing photos and film from the nieces apartment.

Post imported post

Showing it on TV? Which station? If the police are doing that kind of thing it doesn't speak well for them at all but I would like to see it with my own eyes.

Banned

Post imported post

What the freak? I heard that Lakewood PD was founded 5 years ago after having contracted with Pierce County Sheriff. The 4 killed were founding members of the force. What the hell is Seattle PD going bat**** for? I can see if it was Lakewood itself...

Post imported post

KIRO 7, KING 5, and KOMO 4

Kiro had the interview and photos, and video of the Apartments,

King 5 Had the video of the Leshi house that police broke every glass surface in even after they were informed that Marurice had left and gone South down a trail out of the area, by several eyewitnesses. Police were told that although he was sighted infront of the house he had left and never gone in. Yet Seattle PD fired dozens of flashbangs and tear gas into the house and broke out every window.

Komo had an interview with family members about the Leshi House and photos of the damage both inside and out. And a Police statement that they were aware that Maurice had left the area.

These Houses and apartments are just destroyed from the photos.

Like I said I support fully the apprehension of the person responsible, but this tragety does not give carte blanche to wanton destruction of persons homes who are not proven to be involved.

Admitting on camera that you were aware that the person you are looking for was not present yet you still destroyed and ransacked a house, is pretty gross, and cruel to the family. And admitting you are administering a campaign of misery and intimidation to the family who may or may not be aiding him is pretty cruel to innocent people.

Granted if you are proven to be aiding him then to hell with you. But until you can prove that you are innocent until proven guilty last I checked in America.

I hope they get this guy. I pray for the families of the slain officers. But I also see alot more outrage brewing in the wings when the immediate dust starts to settle. Especially when all the finger pointing ends and the facts come clear about who is responsble for what parts in the whole matter.

Lakewood PD handled their end ULTRA professional from what I have seen.

Post imported post

Maurice Clemmons was a violent offender from his youth. He should have stayed in prison in Arkansas. The Seattle Times has a whole section on his early convictions. He was violent in his crimes, he was violent in court, he was violent during transport. Extra security was required for him in court. Threatened a Judge assualted bailiffs(multple times) assualted onlookers in the court room.

Sorry Mike Huckabee fans, but Mike screwed the pooch big time. And a simple review of the court documents before granting clemency might have prevented this whole tragedy. They don't paint a picture of a troubled youth, they show a violent offender who got 93+years sentence for a reason. Granted there are others involved that also failed the system on this too, but then Gov. Huckabee was the leading high authority to sign the clemency notice.

Maurice Clemmons should have never been let out but he was then locked up here in WA. Not once but TWICE. Then to top it off while he is out on bail they MAIL him a notice saying "You're a 3 striker, your going away for life"

WHY WOULD YOU MAIL THAT ANNOUNCEMENT TO SOMEONE THAT WAS NOT IN CUSTODY? "Hey you're out free now, and when you come back, we're gonna lock you up again you are never getting out."

Talk about giving someone nothing to live for. Add to the a violent past, a deteriorating mental state that he had already been evaluated on. And you end up with a recipe for disaster.

I am not Idolizing him, I am not defending him, I am not excusing him. I am pointing out where the system systematically failed repeatedly to put a very dangerous person away where he should have been.

I will be the first person to tell you that you use a weapon in a crime and you get killed during that crime I'm not gonna shed a tear. You chose to threaten others, you lives by the sword and die by it.

If he is guilty, and I "appears" by all current evidence that he is, if he is guilty I don't care whether he is brought in vertical or horizontal. You act with a sword you can die by the sword. This is not a man that should be out on the street... ever.

Post imported post

trofwa wrote:

Sorry Mike Huckabee fans, but Mike screwed the pooch big time. And a simple review of the court documents before granting clemency might have prevented this whole tragedy. They don't paint a picture of a troubled youth, they show a violent offender who got 93+years sentence for a reason. Granted there are others involved that also failed the system on this too, but then Gov. Huckabee was the leading high authority to sign the clemency notice.
    This attempt by the media & others to somehow blame Huckabee for what happened is pure BS. That happened TEN YEARS AGO! The guy was in jail on a non-violent burglary charge. And Huckabee didn't release him, he made him eligible for parole, and the parole board (meaning several individuals) made the call to release him. As you yourself pointed out, the system systematically failed. To try to lump the lion's share of blame on Huckabee just because of the name recognition is entirely unfair and nothing but Monday-morning quarterbacking.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Post imported post

Well sounds like a search not just a man hunt. Also no telling if there was anyone in the house hiding. Safety first don't want to walk up to one of his friends for round two.

If he is convicted Hanging him isn't good enough.

Post imported post

Metalhead47 wrote:
    trofwa wrote:

This attempt by the media & others to somehow blame Huckabee for what happened is pure BS. That happened TEN YEARS AGO! The guy was in jail on a non-violent burglary charge. And Huckabee didn't release him, he made him eligible for parole, and the parole board (meaning several individuals) made the call to release him. As you yourself pointed out, the system systematically failed. To try to lump the lion's share of blame on Huckabee just because of the name recognition is entirely unfair and nothing but Monday-morning quarterbacking.
    Um, look a little deeper... One of this guy's charges was raping his 12 year old step daughter... This guy was an evil person. The parol board recommended this guy stay in prison. Huckabee screwed up.
    Certified Glock Armorer

"A government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any particular individual citizen..." -- Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. App.181)

A 1911 that works properly is as rare as a Glock that doesn't.

Post imported post

SpyderTattoo wrote:
    Metalhead47 wrote:
    trofwa wrote:

Um, look a little deeper... One of this guy's charges was raping his 12 year old step daughter... This guy was an evil person. The parol board recommended this guy stay in prison. Huckabee screwed up.
    The rape charges were not what he was charged with when he was in jail ten years ago. He was charged with the rape recently when he posted bail and then went out and shot the police officers. This is not Huckabee fault completely. True he had a part in helping him to be released, but he is not the sole fault. If you rob a store and I make you eligible for parole and a parole board lets you out, I helped you to get out. Now if you do something ten times worse ten years later, I cannot say that I could have expected it. Stop blaming people. What I have learned here is that people will complain either way. Either we let people out of jail or incarcerate them for life. I personally believe if your planning on incarcerating someone for life, they might as well be sentenced to death. Saves on taxes and burdens in our jails. Look at Ol' Nelson Mandela. Arrested for bombings and attacks and yet he was released and look what he did after. It's near impossible to tell how someone is going to behave in ten years. If you want to still complain... I say if you get arrested for a petty crime, lock you away for life. How does that sound. Prisons would fill up. Or maybe just hang you. How about that? I mean there is no pleasing some people here. The justice system is supposed to rehabilitate these people and some people who get out become valuable members of society. They learn from their mistakes. LOL I think I am done ranting for now.

Post imported post

You need to do a little more research. From what I've read he was sent to prison for the burglary when he was 17, sentenced to 95 years. Huckabee commuted that sentence to something like 47 years which gave him a parole possibility. Huckabee did not let him out, and his decision was based on 2 recommendations including the judge that sentenced Clemmons. He was paroled after spending 11 years in prison. He later went back to prison for a parole violation but was released because of a clerical error, something about the prosecutors being late on paperwork. I believe that's when he left and came to Washington. In Washington he continued to commit crimes and this is when he had the child rape charge, it was a Washington judge who gave him the bail that allowed him to be out this time.

Post imported post

trofwa wrote:
    KIRO 7, KING 5, and KOMO 4

Kiro had the interview and photos, and video of the Apartments,

King 5 Had the video of the Leshi house that police broke every glass surface in even after they were informed that Marurice had left and gone South down a trail out of the area, by several eyewitnesses. Police were told that although he was sighted infront of the house he had left and never gone in. Yet Seattle PD fired dozens of flashbangs and tear gas into the house and broke out every window.

Komo had an interview with family members about the Leshi House and photos of the damage both inside and out. And a Police statement that they were aware that Maurice had left the area.

These Houses and apartments are just destroyed from the photos.

Like I said I support fully the apprehension of the person responsible, but this tragety does not give carte blanche to wanton destruction of persons homes who are not proven to be involved.

Admitting on camera that you were aware that the person you are looking for was not present yet you still destroyed and ransacked a house, is pretty gross, and cruel to the family. And admitting you are administering a campaign of misery and intimidation to the family who may or may not be aiding him is pretty cruel to innocent people.

Granted if you are proven to be aiding him then to hell with you. But until you can prove that you are innocent until proven guilty last I checked in America.

I hope they get this guy. I pray for the families of the slain officers. But I also see alot more outrage brewing in the wings when the immediate dust starts to settle. Especially when all the finger pointing ends and the facts come clear about who is responsble for what parts in the whole matter.

Lakewood PD handled their end ULTRA professional from what I have seen.
    Do you have a link to the videos that you are referring to?

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

No matter how much of a vile murderous piece of crap this guy is, the family did not deserve getting their homes destroyed by the police.

Lets look at the unabomber case as a similarity, his own brother turned him in, did the police ransack the homes of family members just to intimidate people that had nothing to do with the perpetrators crimes?

Post imported post

The only video/photos I saw where of the exterior windows of a house that were broken. I don't think that would be that unusual for this kind of search warrant - the police want to maximize officer safety and the best way would be to make the suspect think the police were coming from all sides.

Post imported post

No sympathy here for either the perp or his family. Family members and friends gave him assistance in fleeing to the Seattle area. THEY took a side. To bad it was the loosing side. Let's see how much abuse they claim when the charges are filed and the true facts come out in court
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

If you want to have any sympathy for some family members try the families of the fallen officers. Unreal that anyone would care what happened to those people. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

Post imported post

amlevin wrote
    Family members and friends gave him assistance in fleeing to the Seattle area. THEY took a side.
    There are reports now that when he called the family member living in the Leschi house and told them he was coming there they left and went to the police.

So yeah they took a side and got their house trashed.

Banned

Post imported post

what a goup of double standards you all have.

so if someone is related to you and the cops are looking for you they should have the right to trash your house tear apart cushions break family photos and pretty much trash your residence worse then a junkie high on crack and not be held accountable. even though they know you aren't there and the only common thing is you are related? thats ok

but oh god they stop you on the street and harass you cause you are openly carrying a pistol. you flip out and start saying they violated your rights.

no wonder no one ever listens to your cause cause you think its the only one out there and you feel they can violate anyone else as long as its not you.

stop with your double standards

Post imported post

5918mike wrote:
    amlevin wrote
    Family members and friends gave him assistance in fleeing to the Seattle area.* THEY took a side.
    There are reports now that when he called the family member living in the Leschi house and told them he was coming there they left and went to the police.

So yeah they took a side and got their house trashed.
    Edited as it is correct. Initial report I heard indicated this was not correct but it was wrong reporting.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

If the police can show reasonable proof that the suspect could hide behind a china plate or inside a tea cup, then more power too them in their search efforts.

Something tells me they cant. :quirky

They let their frustration drive them to abuse their authority. Hopefully the following investigations will see the officers that were involved in the abuses pay for the damages out of their own pockets, and at-least a few supervisors suspended without pay for a few months.

I doubt it, but that's the way it SHOULD work. IMHO

If the people whose homes were trashed were aiding this killer, well....like the I-Phone commercials say...there's a law for that, but I don't ever remember seeing the allowance for trashing homes and intimidating people in the punishment for aiding and abetting. :X

Edited for clarity.

Post imported post

Absolutely,

If they WERE aiding Maurice, to bad about your house.

BUT and right now it is a BIG BUT.

If you are not involved than you shouldn't have your house destroyed pure and simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast