• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marice Clemmons, Search. 1 house and 2 apartments Destroyed, and police nevr expected to find him

5918mike

imported post

amlevin wrote
Family members and friends gave him assistance in fleeing to the Seattle area. THEY took a side.
There are reports now that when he called the family member living in the Leschi house and told them he was coming there they left and went to the police.

So yeah they took a side and got their house trashed.

imported post

what a goup of double standards you all have.

so if someone is related to you and the cops are looking for you they should have the right to trash your house tear apart cushions break family photos and pretty much trash your residence worse then a junkie high on crack and not be held accountable. even though they know you aren't there and the only common thing is you are related? thats ok

but oh god they stop you on the street and harass you cause you are openly carrying a pistol. you flip out and start saying they violated your rights.

no wonder no one ever listens to your cause cause you think its the only one out there and you feel they can violate anyone else as long as its not you.

stop with your double standards

joeroket

imported post

5918mike wrote:
amlevin wrote
Family members and friends gave him assistance in fleeing to the Seattle area.  THEY took a side.
There are reports now that when he called the family member living in the Leschi house and told them he was coming there they left and went to the police.

So yeah they took a side and got their house trashed.

Edited as it is correct. Initial report I heard indicated this was not correct but it was wrong reporting.

FMCDH

imported post

If the police can show reasonable proof that the suspect could hide behind a china plate or inside a tea cup, then more power too them in their search efforts.

Something tells me they cant. :quirky

They let their frustration drive them to abuse their authority. Hopefully the following investigations will see the officers that were involved in the abuses pay for the damages out of their own pockets, and at-least a few supervisors suspended without pay for a few months.

I doubt it, but that's the way it SHOULD work. IMHO

If the people whose homes were trashed were aiding this killer, well....like the I-Phone commercials say...there's a law for that, but I don't ever remember seeing the allowance for trashing homes and intimidating people in the punishment for aiding and abetting. :X

Edited for clarity.

triehl27

imported post

Absolutely,

If they WERE aiding Maurice, to bad about your house.

BUT and right now it is a BIG BUT.

If you are not involved than you shouldn't have your house destroyed pure and simple.

joeroket

imported post

Do we know the scope of the search warrant?

Remember that one of the officers had his pistol taken. The warrant may have included searching for the pistol which very likely could have been hidden anywhere in the homes that they searched.

FamilyMan

imported post

I think the fact that they could have been looking for a gun, or for first aid supplies, gave them the police the opening to look everywhere. I don't know what was on the warrent, but they could have been looking for Q tips, which are pretty small.

On the surface, I think they overstepped their requirements,with the search tactics. It's as if they want to send the message, aid and abet, and we will thrash your house too!whether it's materially important or not.

edited for spelling

joeroket

imported post

Search tactics have nothing to do with it. The only thing that matters is if they overstepped the requirements of the warrant that was issued and if they lied when obtaining the warrant.

DEROS72

imported post

I have ot sympathy any family and or friends that assisted him or even offered him encouragement needs to be destroyed. period.Tired of touchy feely bs for folks like this.

Thundar

imported post

trofwa wrote:
And Troyer Admits on camera it is a campaign to intimidate and make miserable his family. And that Police never expected to find Clemmons at the addresses.

Starts to sound like tactics of Northern Ireland, and the I.R.A.
Terrorizing potential collaborators under color of law = UDF, not IRA.

FMCDH

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I have ot sympathy any family and or friends that assisted him or even offered him encouragement needs to be destroyed. period.Tired of touchy feely bs for folks like this.
I'm sorry, did I miss the part where the courts found these people guilty of aiding and abetting? That must have been a quick trial.

I doubt the search warrants stipulated the "destruction of everything breakable in the house."

Remember, you cant stand on principle if that principle doesn't apply to everyone, and if your for police abuse of authority for one person, than you shouldn't mind when they do it to you.

right?

FMCDH

imported post

Thundar wrote:
trofwa wrote:
And Troyer Admits on camera it is a campaign to intimidate and make miserable his family. And that Police never expected to find Clemmons at the addresses.

Starts to sound like tactics of Northern Ireland, and the I.R.A.
Terrorizing potential collaborators under color of law = UDF, not IRA.
UDF = United Dairy Farmers???? :quirky

Edited to comply with forum rules.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Did this murdering physcho run and tell his family I just killed cops can you help me? I doubt it. Not enough information to make any sort of judgement on this at this time for me.

The Police destruction of peoples property was uncalled for no matter what the warrant was. If he hid a gun in a throw pillow and you can't tell its in there by feeling or maybe I don't know unzippering the cover, cutting it up with a knife isn't going to help.

My thoughts are with the family members of the police officers and it made me glad they stopped the funds going to them and redirected them. It shows the moral fortitude they have. Much kudos to them for that.

P.S. I knew there was no way this guy was coming in alive, either by his actions or the police's. I have a feeling the only way would be if he turned himself in and had a lawyer present.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

joeroket wrote:
Do we know the scope of the search warrant?

Remember that one of the officers had his pistol taken. The warrant may have included searching for the pistol which very likely could have been hidden anywhere in the homes that they searched.
+1

However, I can't imagine it rises to genuineprobable cause to say the suspect may have hidden a gun in a relative's house.

Of course, it is maybe more a matter of the courts having watered down probable cause into possible suspicion.

Then there is the whole lying-on-the-affidavit angle, possibly.

We'll have to wait and see, I think. For the moment, it doesn't look good for the pillow-rippers, though.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Are handheld metal detectors that expensive to purchase and maintain?
Oh, yes. Especially sincecourts seeminclined towater-down the Warrant Clause. It is much less expensive, and much more satisfying to search the hard way.

Plus, they want to save the money for all their other satisfying gadgets like Tasers, more aptly called electro-torture devices.

911Boss

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here
imported post

trofwa wrote:
King 5 Had the video of the Leshi house that police broke every glass surface in even after they were informed that Marurice had left and gone South down a trail out of the area, by several eyewitnesses. Police were told that although he was sighted infront of the house he had left and never gone in. Yet Seattle PD fired dozens of flashbangs and tear gas into the house and broke out every window.
He was seen going into the house. Regardless of what they were told to the contrary, they believed it was possible he was still in the house. Believe it or not, sometimes people lie to the police, especially friends and family members who have been assisting of those wanted by the police.

Given the manpower and resources they were using for this, there is no way they would have wasted hours holding a perimeter and tying up officers at the house if they did not believe he was inside or that there was evidence to be had.

"Flash bangs" are essentially grenades, when they go off there is a concussion, that will break shit. It is a side effect. The windows get broke when they go in and the stuff inside may get broke when they go off.

That isn't quite the same as the image of jackbooted thugs going through the house pummeling the knick-knacks with their PR-24 batons that the homeowners might like you to believe.

They can file a claim for damages and will likely get a check. Given the circumstances, I am not terribly concerned about them losing a few material things and having a mess to clean up.

Lakewood lost four officers, those families lost husbands, fathers, a wife, and mother. More importantly society has lost a little more of any claim to "civilization" when someone can do such a heinous crime and be protected or assisted by anyone.

I am really looking forward to the pity parade they will throw when those who assisted him go on trial and claim "harassment" - NOT!

FMCDH

imported post

Good points Boss,

The resulting investigations should be interesting to follow.

amlevin

imported post

Isn't it interesting, the number of people that are willing to pile it on to the Police just because someone says they trashed a house and a couple of apartments where a suspected cop killer might be. I find it very telling about our current society that so many people are willing to follow unsubstantiated reports as if they were gospel.

Give it a break and wait for the full investigation to run its course. Only then will anyone know who was doing what while the killer was on the run. It IS known that at least 4 people did assist him, some before and others after the killing. Police were acting on tips. Wonder who they came from? Friends? Family? Others wanting to cash in on the reward?

Kildars

imported post

If the officers ramsacked their families house because they were frustrated or upset that should be punished. If they had reasonable suspicion that the person was helping them, and they made a reasonable effort to find him (or the gun etc..) then I see no problem with going into the house. However, if they wrecked houses because they had the same last name -- that is not ok.

However if my brother called me and told me he executed four police officers I would ask where he was and meet him with the police present.