• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maurice Clemmons Captured

triehl27

imported post

Just came over the scanner, Black male with Mole on face and gun shot wound, in custody and being transported to harborview.

They GOT THE BASTARD!!!.

Crashbox

imported post

They are now reporting that he was shot and killed.

I have extremely strong feelings about this incident- as the butler would say, "ladies and gentlemen, justice is served."

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Suspected Cop Killer Maurice Clemmons Killed by Police After Two-Day Manhunt

Police: Clemmons Had Help Evading Capture After Executing Four Lakewood Police Officers

By NEAL KARLINSKY and SARAH NETTER
Dec. 1, 2009

Police in Seattle have shot and killed the man suspected of executing four Lakewood, Wash., police officers.

ABC News has confirmed that Maurice Clemmons was killed after police followed leads to a city address where he was hiding. Details of the early-morning confrontation weren't immediately available, but police have said gunfire was exchanged.

Seattle police had been watching several homes, with officers assigned to watch each location, authorities said today.

Clemmons, 37, had been the focus of an intense two-day manhunt that included a systematic raid of the homes of his friends and family, who were believed to have been helping him evade capture.

Police said Monday that Clemmons was believed to have been armed while on the run, possibly with several guns. Calling him "dangerous," they said, was an understatement.

Police said today that they believe Clemmons' friends and family had been providing authorities with false leads all along. It was those misleading tips, they said, that led police and SWAT members to surround a Seattle home for 11 hours Sunday night into Monday.

The standoff in Seattle's Leschi neighborhood ended Monday morning when a police robot and SWAT members confirmed that Clemmons had been able to flee the area undetected.

Authorities say Clemmons had no ties to the house he was believed to have been hiding in and that they believe he was dropped off in the neighborhood Sunday evening.

The area was described as hilly and wooded, providing lots of hiding places.

Pierce County Sheriff's Department spokesman Ed Troyer told ABC News Seattle affiliate KOMO-TV that the raids Monday were being carried out "to collect evidence against him and against those helping him evade us."

Clemmons suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen in a brief shootout with the Lakewood officers he ultimately killed as they sat in a coffee shop Sunday morning, preparing for their next shift.

A reward for information leading to an arrest had been bumped up Monday from $100,000 to $125,000.

A police source has told ABC News that they recovered the murder weapon Monday. Though more than one gun was recovered, they believe he used only one in the attack, a semi-automatic handgun.

Authorities said the attack on the Lakewood officers was a planned ambush.

"We don't believe he was targeting them in particular," Troyer said. "We just believe he was out to kill some police officers execution style."

Police learned after the attack, Troyer added, that Clemmons had bragged to others the night before the shooting that they should watch the news "because he was going to go kill some cops."

Troyer said people who heard Clemmons' alleged warning called in the tip to police after the shooting.

"They are people they were hanging out with the night before," he said. "They didn't believe him and thought he was crazy."

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/lakewood-cop-killer-suspect-maurice-clemmons-killed-police/story?id=9213986

TechnoWeenie

imported post

Ironically enough, it was a 'routine traffic stop' that caught him... In a stolen car....

Sometimes it's just dumb luck.... and there's no such thing as a 'routine' traffic stop...

sudden valley gunner

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
Ironically enough, it was a 'routine traffic stop' that caught him... In a stolen car....

Sometimes it's just dumb luck.... and there's no such thing as a 'routine' traffic stop...
Yep I bet a lot of black guy who were getting routinely pulled over these last few days were cursing this guys name.

Vandal

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:

It was a "routine" traffic stop that caught Tim McVeigh as well. I am glad they found him and glad he is no longer wasting oxygen that could be better used by a tree.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Vandal wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

It was a "routine" traffic stop that caught Tim McVeigh as well. I am glad they found him and glad he is no longer wasting oxygen that could be better used by a tree.
I was taught trees "exhale" oxygen and "inhale" CO2.

joeroket

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

Yep I bet a lot of black guy who were getting routinely pulled over these last few days were cursing this guys name.

They are starting to speculate that it may have been a trap to kill another officer. I am glad it was a younger officer instead of an older, more likely to be complacent, officer that came upon the car.

Kildars

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
Vandal wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

I was taught trees "exhale" oxygen and "inhale" CO2.
That's what I heard too, but you got his point ;)

sudden valley gunner

imported post

joeroket wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

They are starting to speculate that it may have been a trap to kill another officer. I am glad it was a younger officer instead of an older, more likely to be complacent, officer that came upon the car.
That would make sense. Is there any speculation he was associated with the other "cop killer" we had. If so are there more out there with this same agenda? Some scary thoughts I have been having these last few days.

joeroket

imported post

joeroket wrote:
TechnoWeenie wrote:

That would make sense. Is there any speculation he was associated with the other "cop killer" we had. If so are there more out there with this same agenda? Some scary thoughts I have been having these last few days.
I have only heard that they do not believe there is a connection to Monfort. I have to agree with them. They seem to come from different walks of life. Monfort was calculated and careful whereas Clemmons was sloppy and careless.

There are always people with a hatred for police and there are more that will act on that hatred. Unfortunately we will, more than likely, only know after the fact.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

joeroket wrote:
I am glad it was a younger officer instead of an older, more likely to be complacent, officer that came upon the car.

This is an interesting premise.

What makes you use it, jr?

joeroket

imported post

HankT wrote:
joeroket wrote:
I am glad it was a younger officer instead of an older, more likely to be complacent, officer that came upon the car.

It is an opinion I have formed over the years of being around law enforcement and seeing how a lot of the veteran officers appear to be complacent. It is the less experienced ones that seem to be more aware of things going on around them and are less comfortable in thinking things are routine.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

joeroket wrote:
HankT wrote:
joeroket wrote:

It is an opinion I have formed over the years of being around law enforcement and seeing how a lot of the veteran officers appear to be complacent. It is the less experienced ones that seem to be more aware of things going on around them and are less comfortable in thinking things are routine.
In my OC encounters they are the ones who seemed more reasonable and even tempered also. (most the time)

joeroket

imported post

joeroket wrote:
HankT wrote:
joeroket wrote:

In my OC encounters they are the ones who seemed more reasonable and even tempered also. (most the time)

That does not surprise me one bit SVG.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

joeroket wrote:
joeroket wrote:
HankT wrote:
joeroket wrote:

That does not surprise me one bit SVG.
More seasoned ...