• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It may be just me, but it seems some people want a civil war

bigdaddy1

imported post

It would seem that some people are wishing for an insurection, a bloody battle of good versus evil. I dont know why I have this feeling, what do you think:question:

Let me make myself clear here, I do NOT want a civil war, civil unrest or anything else that would cause bloodshed of Americans. I read some of the posts here and it scares me that some are

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Statesman wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:
It would seem that some people are wishing for an insurection, a bloody battle of good versus evil. I dont know why I have this feeling, what do you think:question:
FAIL: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/31065.html

Plus this is off topic. Please take it somewhere else.

Apparently, this forum is unmoderated which encourages this type of nonsensical unproductive talk....

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/34715.html

bigdaddy1

imported post

Statesman wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:

Use this area for discussions that are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else. Topics should still be related to the focus of the forum and all other rules of behavior still apply here.

I was all set to make a snyde comment, but I didnt want to stoop...

Statesman

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Statesman wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:

Use this area for discussions that are somewhat off-topic or that do not fit anywhere else. Topics should still be related to the focus of the forum and all other rules of behavior still apply here.

I was all set to make a snyde comment, but I didnt want to stoop...
Keywords here are "focus of the forum", which is open carry.

Somewhat off-topic means it's still related to open carry, somewhat. All other forums are focused on Open Carry material.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

Statesman wrote:
Somewhat off-topic means it's still related to open carry, somewhat. All other forums are focused on Open Carry material.
The Wisconsin forum has been directed to accept the antithesis of Open Carry as in-focus. We all may have regarded the opposite of OC as no-Carry but not so for the Wisconsin forum where permitted concealed carry must be tolerated.

bigdaddy1

beebobby

imported post

You are feeling that way because your tinfoil hat has gone askew and isallowing the secret radio signals from the satellites to creep in and put ideas in your head. Please readjust your hat and reboot.

bigdaddy1

imported post

Oh, thats a good one Goober!

goober.jpg

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I don't think anyone wishes for such a thing, as once you embark on such a mission there is no turning back & unless you are victorious your get at least life in prison. But maybe, just maybe enough of the sheep have woken up to the realities of the
world we find ourselves living in & are begining to decide that the liberties this nation once had , might be worth taking back. The Taxation of the American people is out of control & they want to add new taxes ( fee's ) every year. Someday our paychecks will go directly to uncle Sam, will the American people wait that long ? Our founding fathers didn't. No one want's civil war, rebellion or a revolution ....but, sooner or later it will once again be needed, sooner would be better.

If you think about it, this has everything to do with OC. The right to keep and bear arms, says that we can OC, concealed carry, carry a long gun, etc where ever we want. YET, CAN WE ????? NO, WE CAN'T !!!. we fight for the right to OC , we are fighting even harder to Concealed carry. BUT, THESE RIGHT WERE PUT ON PAPER 230 plus years ago.. WE HAVE LOST OUR RIGHTS & we are losing even more rights as time goes by. how many more are you all willing to keep losing ? please let me know, ok.

bigdaddy1

imported post

I certanly dont want a war on our soil either. Just reading some of these posts it would seem that a few are ready to throw down.

Statesman

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
Statesman wrote:

Heres a post you may find familiar

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/34715.html

or

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/34701.html

and

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum65/34619.html

To name a few.

Some of these posts are a bit extreme. If it makes you feel any better I am carrying while typing.
Duly noted, sir. However there's no rule against multiple alleged provocateurs invading forums at similar times, trying to cause strife and paranoia amongst the locals, not that it's the case here.

To be honest, I haven't always posted on topic either, but I've learned since then to try to keep it on topic.

M

McX

imported post

I've noticed alot of tension. You can see and feel it everywhere. I can't tell realy what it is; Change undelivered? Economic crisis hitting home? Had enough mentality? It's getting the feeling something is going to give, something is going to change. Let's just hope it's for the good, and peaceful.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

IF a civil war happens.... it will only happen in the case of complete societal collapse... like if we go into an extended period of hyperinflation that ruins the value of US currency and causes people to lose all value of their savings and become instant paupers.

Once that happens, your only hope will be to hunker down for the initial panic.... and then join up with your neighbors and others of like mind to protect your small patch of land... the war will be between those who want to completely change the country into something extra-constitutional and those who want to restore the Republic. But no war will happen unless that collapse happens.

The real scary thing is that I see the government printing money, and ruining this economy that might actually make these dire consequences come to pass... like they WANT this to happen...

Me, I am as prepared as I can be without being over prepared. I don't have a fallout shelter nor do I have hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammo etc etc... What I have is enough emergency food and water for around 6 adults to last around 6 months... and then some ammo, weapons and emergency power comprised of 400 watt wind turbine and 800 watts of solar power plus a 38kWh deep cycle battery bank. All in the basement, but ready to deploy if needed (not already installed because I'm in a Condo).

There is an underlying current out there that is kind of scary... a powder keg ready to blow.... and a hidden fuse that no one can see... and the government is out there with a book of matches just randomly flinging lit ones around.

The only way hyperinflation WON'T happen is if the Fed can pull around 2.2 trillion dollars out of the economy within the next 12 months... but that would require interest rates to be raised to the level they were in the Carter years or higher. Either way, this economy is in for a much worse drop than we have already experienced and.... well, the proverbialexcrement will hit the fan.

Capn Camo

imported post

Ive heard a (ahem) "prediction" from a (ahem) "credible source" that its not IF, but WHEN. nObamas in cabal with the UNSC (UN Security Council) about small arms disarmament, and Im told WHEN it starts here (and am told it will) then the Fed plans to start in the NorthEast and start attempting to disarm people, even if it means shutting off water and electricity to freeze people out.

Im told (ahem) that its just a matter of 'who jumps first.'

(ahem)

hmmm.

Lose-lose situation?

The DoD is apparently amassing a 400,000 or so 'para-military' force of Gubmint workers along with threatening those who will not voulentarily go along to be shoved off into dead end jobs (DoD directive 140410) to, I assume, try to circumvent Posse Comitatus (spelling?). The guise is that they will be deployed for GWOT but didnt nObama say that was over?

I havent met anyone in the past 6 months that doesnt think its coming.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
Ive heard a (ahem) "prediction" from a (ahem) "credible source" that its not IF, but WHEN. nObamas in cabal with the UNSC (UN Security Council) about small arms disarmament, and Im told WHEN it starts here (and am told it will) then the Fed plans to start in the NorthEast and start attempting to disarm people, even if it means shutting off water and electricity to freeze people out.

Im told (ahem) that its just a matter of 'who jumps first.'

(ahem)

hmmm.

Lose-lose situation?

The DoD is apparently amassing a 400,000 or so 'para-military' force of Gubmint workers along with threatening those who will not voulentarily go along to be shoved off into dead end jobs (DoD directive 140410) to, I assume, try to circumvent Posse Comitatus (spelling?). The guise is that they will be deployed for GWOT but didnt nObama say that was over?

I havent met anyone in the past 6 months that doesnt think its coming.
Yeah, but whatever happens will NOT happen without a crisis for them to claim some sort of extra-constitutional authority, i.e. declaring martial law or something to that effect and pull a New Orleans, Katrina style gun confiscation drive.... you know, where they give you a receipt for your weapon and tell you that once things settle down... you'll get it back... of course, this time... it will never happen.

Capn Camo

imported post

Exactly, and they are manufacturing it. Waco was a start. Id gotten uncut footage and talked with the Constitutional lawyer on that one, it was a SETUP from the beginning. Fed shooting himself in the leg, several on the roof firing inside where their Comrades had just entered. The Big Lie was that the ammo stockpile was dangerous.

Ever thrown a round in the fire? A .22 slug goes about 3 inches with a little 'puff'
Put a round without slug in your favorite gun and rip one off. Not very impressive.

An un-chambered round has no force behind it, but it makes a good lie with a complicit MEDIA.

I had a US Mil explosives EXPERT stand over my shoulder while looking at an image of the Fed OKC building who pointed out where the demolition charges had to be placed to bring the building down. Said it was IMPOSSIBLE for a bulk ANFO bomb in a central location to do that. That force disperses spherically. Never mind Gen Partins testimony to that.

I just dont know what theyre gonna do with 110 MILLION of us armed, which is the last count I heard. That would take a lot of detention centers.

ABNinfantryman

imported post

Capn Camo wrote:
I just dont know what theyre gonna do with 110 MILLION of us armed, which is the last count I heard. That would take a lot of detention centers.

Most of them will give up their arms just so they don't rock the boat.

Washingtonian: They already have the power, the "righties" voted it in in 2001, it's called the Patriot Act and Obama has yet to hand over his powers back to congress or dissolve the act.

Thundar

imported post

bigdaddy1 wrote:
I think most on this site merely want to live as free men, with a government whose power is limited, and whose public servants respect the constitution.

joshuaeberly

imported post

Thundar wrote:
bigdaddy1 wrote:
I think most on this site merely want to live as free men, with a government whose power is limited, and whose public servants respect the constitution.

yeah, what thundar said