• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two interesting responses today.

VoiceinShelton

imported post

Hello OC Forums,

I live up in Shelton and was walking my dog around Fawn Lake. I had a couple of encounters (mostly waves) from individuals during my walk. However as I rounded the last corner heading back to my house, a car that had passed by stopped in front of me. I immediately assumed there would be a question about my sidearm (FN Five-Seven w/ a thigh holster).

The elderly gentlemen in the car had rolled down the driver side window. He asked me, "What's with the sidearm?" to which I responded, "To protect myself." He then asked, "How long have you lived here?" to which I replied, "A long time." I then proceeded to continue walking down the road and he said something I could not hear, then put his car and reverse, turned around and drove off.

Not more then two minutes later another gentlemen in a large ford f-150 pulls up beside me and asks in a polite tone, "Are you a police officer?" I responded, "Nope just out here walking and making sure I am protected." He responded, "Well I am sure glad you are here, it makes me feel safe." He then drove off leaving me with a good feeling.

Anyhow just two minor encounters I thought I might share with the community here. Also may the 4 murdered Lakewood Police Offers rest in peace now that the criminal has been put to rest.

compmanio365

imported post

I have family in Fawn Lake and am down there all the time. My dad drives a F-150....I doubt he'd tell you he felt safe though, LOL.....pretty anti-gun and hates the fact that I carry at all....