Thread: Open carry cyber store open for business! Xmas is coming!

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Have you bought your loved ones open carry related presents? Now's your chance!

And how about a cool present for that anti in the office for the office Secret Santa program!!??

Order OC apparrel at http://www.cafepress.com/opencarry

And order John's new book "Why Daddy wear's a gun" at http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...-a-gun/5510716

Hurry! Xmas is coming!

Post imported post

Will there be any other "Official Gear" sold ?

Post imported post

In your advertisement, you took Christ out of Christmas.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

tedwitt wrote:
    Not really, X is an accepted and recognized symbol of Christ.

USAGE NOTE Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of Χριστος, "Christ." In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, "Christian." But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ĕksPRIMARY_STRESSməs). Many therefore frown upon the term Xmas because it seems to them a commercial convenience that omits Christ from Christmas.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    tedwitt wrote:
    Not really, X is an accepted and recognized symbol of Christ.

USAGE NOTE Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of Χριστος, "Christ." In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, "Christian." But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ĕksPRIMARY_STRESSməs). Many therefore frown upon the term Xmas because it seems to them a commercial convenience that omits Christ from Christmas.

Yata hey
    Very interesting, learn something new everyday.

One of these days I'm going to get the OCDO hat with the gun logo on it.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

tedwitt wrote:
    In your complaint, you took Winter Solstice out of Winter Solstice.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

Yep the early christians never celebrated christmas, one of those concessionsmade during constatine so that pagans wouldn't loose all their holidays. Even through the middle agessome christian european nations didn't celebrate christmas.

Jesus's birth was probably in October. And about 2 years earlier than what our current caculator would make it seem it was.

.....but the well wishing, ofbeing wished Merry Christmas is taken to heart and I hope all have a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year.

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Any chance of something less subtle getting designed for those of that are in a state that prohibits OC? I would purchase a couple of shirts.

Post imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
    Any chance of something less subtle getting designed for those of that are in a state that prohibits OC? I would purchase a couple of shirts.
    Why? Does your state prohibit your first ammendment right also?

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
    whiskaz_55 wrote:
    All I was saying was that if a shirt was sold by the owners of this site that conveyed a definite message about OC, I would purchase it.

Post imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
    sudden valley gunner wrote:
    whiskaz_55 wrote:
    All I was saying was that if a shirt was sold by the owners of this site that conveyed a definite message about OC, I would purchase it.
    Gotcha.

Post imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:

You mean like this? LOL

Post imported post

Rugerp345 wrote:
    whiskaz_55 wrote:

You mean like this? LOL

I'd buy this !!! - Funny, is that gun really NC Blue ???

Post imported post

I had a fella ask me loudly one time "HEY WHAT DO YOU NEED THE GUN FOR" I was in the proper setting for my unpracticed response which came out with authority "BECAUSE MY HOLSTER LOOKS LIKE **** WITHOUT IT" not something I would wear around town but we should have a thread to come up with t-shirt sayings and the like. perhaps call it the idea thread,