• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry cyber store open for business! Xmas is coming!

Mike

Site Co-Founder

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

tedwitt wrote:
In your advertisement, you took Christ out of Christmas.
Not really, X is an accepted and recognized symbol of Christ.

USAGE NOTE Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of Χριστος, "Christ." In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, "Christian." But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ĕksPRIMARY_STRESSməs). Many therefore frown upon the term Xmas because it seems to them a commercial convenience that omits Christ from Christmas.

Yata hey

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
tedwitt wrote:
In your advertisement, you took Christ out of Christmas.
Not really, X is an accepted and recognized symbol of Christ.

USAGE NOTE Xmas has been used for hundreds of years in religious writing, where the X represents a Greek chi, the first letter of Χριστος, "Christ." In this use it is parallel to other forms like Xtian, "Christian." But people unaware of the Greek origin of this X often mistakenly interpret Xmas as an informal shortening pronounced (ĕksPRIMARY_STRESSməs). Many therefore frown upon the term Xmas because it seems to them a commercial convenience that omits Christ from Christmas.

Yata hey
Very interesting, learn something new everyday.

One of these days I'm going to get the OCDO hat with the gun logo on it.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Yep the early christians never celebrated christmas, one of those concessionsmade during constatine so that pagans wouldn't loose all their holidays. Even through the middle agessome christian european nations didn't celebrate christmas.

Jesus's birth was probably in October. And about 2 years earlier than what our current caculator would make it seem it was.

.....but the well wishing, ofbeing wished Merry Christmas is taken to heart and I hope all have a wonderful holiday season and a happy new year.

dclabounty

imported post

Any chance of something less subtle getting designed for those of that are in a state that prohibits OC? I would purchase a couple of shirts.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
Any chance of something less subtle getting designed for those of that are in a state that prohibits OC? I would purchase a couple of shirts.
Why? Does your state prohibit your first ammendment right also?

dclabounty

imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
whiskaz_55 wrote:

All I was saying was that if a shirt was sold by the owners of this site that conveyed a definite message about OC, I would purchase it.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:
sudden valley gunner wrote:
whiskaz_55 wrote:

All I was saying was that if a shirt was sold by the owners of this site that conveyed a definite message about OC, I would purchase it.
Gotcha.

Rugerp345

imported post

whiskaz_55 wrote:

You mean like this? LOL

Tshirt.gif

DON`T TREAD ON ME

imported post

I had a fella ask me loudly one time "HEY WHAT DO YOU NEED THE GUN FOR" I was in the proper setting for my unpracticed response which came out with authority "BECAUSE MY HOLSTER LOOKS LIKE SHIT WITHOUT IT" not something I would wear around town but we should have a thread to come up with t-shirt sayings and the like. perhaps call it the idea thread,