• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to guns

Kim

imported post

Hi all. I was so happy to find this site. Just moved back here from living in Florida for 14 years. I was unaware that open carry exists in Michigan. Very happy about that too. I'm new to the sport of guns but am very interested in learning. I've been studying up in my Massad Ayoob book and a guy I know that hunts helped me with advice and let me shot his .44 and his shotgun. I did skeet shooting for the first time too! SO much fun. :celebrateLook forward to reading up on the posts here.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Welcome, Kim :)

Firearms are many things to many people. Here, we primarily focus on open carry of handguns for self-defense, but we do discfuss our 2A rights and the defense of them here, as well.

Capn Camo

imported post

Kim wrote:
Hi all. I was so happy to find this site. Just moved back here from living in Florida for 14 years. I was unaware that open carry exists in Michigan.

It had BETTER exist everywhere, its the Constitution. Don't fall for the false line of "the only carry is concealed carry' that the Media are pushing.

Welcome to the Light Side.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
ixtow wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
That is the most appropriate and accurate typo I have EVER seen on ANY Internet forum, EVER.

Especially this one. :p

Typo? Typo???

You sir, havefailed to recognizemy masterfull vernacular creativity. :p

:uhoh:
A thousand pardons my good sir. I see you've done it once more!

May I never split hairs with the barber again!

Batousaii

imported post

:) A late welcome, If your new to guns, then you started in the right section of "Selecting a handgun". Have you looked at or chosen a handgun yet, if not what kinds wereyouconsidering?

Glad to have ya with us.

:cool:Bat