• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

East Bay OC'ing Meet

woody510

imported post

I'm starting this thread in the hope that we can organize a meet before the new year some where in the upper east bay possibly on a Wednesday Thursday Or Friday. Near Concord, Pleasant Hill or even as far as Pleasanton for the guys traveling from the south bay so we have a half way point I'm Not very picky on the location or day just want to see whats good for everyone else.

lets get a tally going who's in?

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Not that I'd be able to make it during the week, but post a specific day and time and location if you want to solidify a meetup. In the past people have started threads to hear ideas on where to meet and then had a poll for what days would work best.

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Not that I'd be able to make it during the week, but post a specific day and time and location if you want to solidify a meetup. In the past people have started threads to hear ideas on where to meet and then had a poll for what days would work best.

Right! Have a day and time set. Then make sure you pick a location where its suitable for OC. Also make sure your clear from any GFSZ.

Once you got this figured out and posted, I might attend.

bigtoe416

imported post

joseprissa wrote:
Whatever day and time works for me just let me know where to meet.
You planning on driving up to the san francisco bay area for this meet? I think you might be mistaken over the location of this event, either that or you are extremely dedicated.

woody510

imported post

Ok so Wednesday the 9th and here is an address to a starbucks (7904 Dublin Boulevard, Dublin, the cross st is Regional St) i did some research thanks to google maps and cant find any college campus or school within 1000 feet. EXEPT SOME KIND OF ASIAN LEARNING CENTER AND A COURT REPORTING COLLEGE

but then that brought to mind what constitutes as a school??

what about a barbare college or beauty school also near by but does that still constitute as a school because i can say Oh well i teach people how to change there own oil in my front yard so its a place of learning A.K.A. a school?? can some one provide the PC on this just to verify so we all don't go to jail

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

woody510 wrote:
...what constitutes as a school??...

...can some one provide the PC on this just to verify so we all don't go to jail
Read 626.9, subsection (e):

Code:
(1) "School zone" means an area in, or on the grounds of, a public
or private school providing instruction in kindergarten or grades 1
to 12, inclusive,  or within a distance of 1,000 feet from the
grounds of the public or private school.

woody510

imported post

Oh we are all clear then no elementary school within 1000ft so Wednesday the 9th and here is an address again Starbucks @ 7904 Dublin Boulevard the cross is Regional St hope to see a good turn out

bigtoe416

imported post

I'm pretty sure that starbucks is within 1000' of Montessori Plus, which teaches kindergarten.

The address is: 7238 San Ramon Road Dublin, CA 94568

It's been said before, but I'll say it again. It is your own responsibility to verify that a meetup is not in a school zone. It isn't the planner's responsibility, it is yours!

woody510

imported post

well not by google maps but i dont know how accurate they are walking shows .3 which is a little more than 1500 feet but in a strait line from corner where starbucks is to the property of the school looks to be .2 which is still 1056 feet which is still 56 feet over but dam close maybe to close for comfort IDK

bigtoe416

imported post

The law applies to direct lines from the edge of the school's property. Even if there is an impassable wall between the two points, 1000' is 1000'.

woody510

imported post

oh $h*t boys got an even better spot high traffic though downtown concord 2250 Monument Boulevard Concord, CA 94520 even better no schools for what looks 2000ft little more research and this mite it

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

woody5

10 wrote:
oh $h*t boys got an even better spot high traffic though downtown concord 2250 Monument Boulevard Concord, CA 94520 even better no schools for what looks 2000ft little more research and this mite it
Too far for me, sorry. I'm down for dublin if the location changes.