• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Moscow/Pullman OC Dinner Friday, 4 DEC 2009

kimberfella616

imported post

Hey guys,

New member here and we were looking at having an OC dinner this Friday, 4DEC2009 7PM at Smokey Mountain Pizzeria in the Palouse Mall.

If you are interested please post up or send a PM to myself or "Vandal". This way an accurate head count canlet us know what size table weneed to have.

Hope to see you there!

KF

thefirststrike

imported post

Why do you guys always want to schedule these things on a weeknight? There are some of us who can't attend on weeknights because we work evenings. Why not do it on a weekend when almost everyone is available? I would have to take a vacation day to attend and it is probably too late to get one for that date.

Dave R

John Wolver

imported post

ok now, heres the deal, it is tough to put something together for everyone to attend. We as a group entire need to realize this, and though we can not make every meeting, we need to make them when we can. The goal here is to try and make things available for the greatest number. But putting something together and maintaining it, is the biggest part.

kimberfella616

imported post

thefirststrike wrote:
Why do you guys always want to schedule these things on a weeknight? There are some of us who can't attend on weeknights because we work evenings. Why not do it on a weekend when almost everyone is available? I would have to take a vacation day to attend and it is probably too late to get one for that date.

Dave R

Dave,

Apologies. This event was "shot from the hip". Maybe we can get a little more advance notice on the next one. This will allow for an ideal turnout.

KF

thefirststrike

imported post

kimberfella616 wrote:
thefirststrike wrote:

Dave R

Dave,

Apologies. This event was "shot from the hip". Maybe we can get a little more advance notice on the next one. This will allow for an ideal turnout.

KF
Thanks, I appreciate it. I didn't mean to come off as a jerk, it is just that since I have been coming to this forum, we have had probably at least 5-6 events like this, and only 2x have they been scheduled on aweekend. Sorry if I came across a little harsh. Enjoy your evening, and I look forward to meeting you in the future. (I OC regularly around Moscow and Pullman, so maybe we will bump into each other sometime).

Dave R

MyGlockinIdaho

imported post

hey everyone! I live in Moscow and I'm new to OC and can't wait to try to go to a dinner to meet more OC people. let me know when there is another one.

Mike

kimberfella616

imported post

Nice to meet you guys. Welcome to the forums. Hopefully we can all get together at some point in the near future! Hope to see you around town.

KF

Vandal

imported post

Alrighty then, since we have some more new folks on here, it is time for another meet.

How does Sunday work for everyone?? Dave, hopefully you can make this one. I know it's short notice but we have pulled it off before.

Jett_07

imported post

Anyone up for a moscow meet? I want to do an open carry meet with others before I start carrying in idaho. I am from washington and asked acheckerat Winco if they had a policy against the carryof firearms, which theguy replied to "I feel like we would," While staring at my hip where my PT111 should be. I did not have a fireaerm on me, but the next checker over said, "we do not." Anyone willing to go on a first carry with me? Thanks!I don't care where we go, I just want to exercise my rights.

kimberfella616

imported post

Jett_07 wrote:
Anyone up for a moscow meet? I want to do an open carry meet with others before I start carrying in idaho. I am from washington and asked acheckerat Winco if they had a policy against the carryof firearms, which theguy replied to "I feel like we would," While staring at my hip where my PT111 should be. I did not have a fireaerm on me, but the next checker over said, "we do not." Anyone willing to go on a first carry with me? Thanks!I don't care where we go, I just want to exercise my rights.
I am always 'open' for exercising my rights. Sorry, the horrible puns won't stop. I always carry in Winco and haven't gotten the slightest second glance.

Do you have an idea for a place/time?

BTW, I always make it a policy to NOT ask the young college workers what their policy is on firearms. I'll figure it out when they ask me to leave (no matter what name the store/restaurant/business is).

Vandal

imported post

Seeing as we haven't had a meeting in a while, how about this Friday, 19 Feb?

I have OCd in WinCo dozens of times without so much as a passing glance from the employees. I did have a manager ask me what brand my 1911 was.

Jett_07

imported post

Yeah, Friday should work fine! Anyone have suggestions on places to eat or something? Maybe when it gets nicer we can find a park and do a BBQ kinda thing, but it's been raining and getting cooler lately.

kimberfella616

imported post

Jett_07 wrote:
Yeah, Friday should work fine! Anyone have suggestions on places to eat or something? Maybe when it gets nicer we can find a park and do a BBQ kinda thing, but it's been raining and getting cooler lately.
I like the idea of a grilling out. It is a lot more cost effective. Eating out all the time is beginning to take a toll on my ammunition money. :cry: Shooting season is coming up.

KF