• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC Blood Drive in Temecula?

ChuckBooty

imported post

The Army National Guard and Faith Armory are sponsoring a Christmas blood drive in Temecula through the American Red Cross. The event will be held December 23, 2009 from 0930-1500 in front of the National Guard Recruiting office. Faith Armory is giving a 5% discount on all gun purchases to everyone who donates blood.

This is the time of year where the American Red Cross runs DANGEROUSLY low on their blood supply, so come, give and save lives!

Now, I don't currently UOC but I am VERY supportive of the cause. The only reason that I don't do it is because I'm usually out with my four kids and don't want to get hassled by ignorant cops in front of my kids. But I would LOVE for this to become, in part anyways, a UOC event.

I would like someone to take the lead on this as far as any press notification, LEO involvement, or whatever else you guys need to do in order to run this smoothly. There is a good chance that we are going to have a radio station there (unnamed as of right now) so I think it would be a chance to get some great PR for UOC as well as to spread the word (please bring literature, handouts, or whatever).

Anyone interested in making this happen?

Even if we don't turn this into a UOC event, I'd still encourage anyone in the area to come and support the Guard as well as Faith Armory and donate some blood. Here's a link to set yourself up with an appointment.

https://www.givelife.org/index.cfm?group=op&expand=664447&zc=92590

ChuckBooty

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Great idea! I would be happy to help out any way I can.

ETA: What a great headline...Guns save lives

LOL...until the LA Times changes it to, "Men with Guns Spill Blood in Temecula".

Gundude

imported post

Giving blood is a great cause, but this might not be a good place to UOC. The "lucky Kids preschool" and the "University of Phoenix"are on the edge of the 1000' (310 meters) line. RE. Google earth

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Gundude wrote:
Giving blood is a great cause, but this might not be a good place to UOC. The "lucky Kids preschool" and the "University of Phoenix"are on the edge of the 1000' (310 meters) line. RE. Google earth
I don't think University of Phoenix isK-12. If Lucky Kids Preschool is a pre-K school, then no problem.

chewy352

imported post

I'd be willing to show up with some literature and UOCing (after I check into the GFSZ). However I can't donate blood as I have been to Afghanistan within the last year. :(

wewd

imported post

Gundude wrote:
Giving blood is a great cause, but this might not be a good place to UOC. The "lucky Kids preschool" and the "University of Phoenix" are on the edge of the 1000' (310 meters) line. RE. Google earth

There are no 1000 foot zones around preschools and colleges/universities, only K-12 schools.

Decoligny

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Decoligny wrote:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=245751&highlight=faith+armory

Apparently Faith Armory is charging more than the $35.00 fee for PPTs, the legal limit per the PC.

They know that this overchargingis illegal, yet claim that they have to charge more or they will go broke.

I will choose another venue to give blood at simply because I refuse to support criminals.
Ruh-roh. Has PPT overcharging ever once been prosecuted by the .gov? Or do they just let it happen so we waste even more money than the infringement taxes?

coolusername2007

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=245751&highlight=faith+armory

Apparently Faith Armory is charging more than the $35.00 fee for PPTs, the legal limit per the PC. 

They know that this overcharging is illegal, yet claim that they have to charge more or they will go broke.

I will choose another venue to give blood at simply because I refuse to support criminals.

Just more calguns cannibalism. They just cannot wait to eat their own. Sad display of the effects of battered gun owners syndrome.

ETA: Faith Armory is a strong supporter of the UOC movement. Instead of labeling them "criminals" you should support them and talk to them and if need be educate them.

demnogis

imported post

I believe the owner of Faith Armory has already spoken on calguns about clarifying his ppt fees. I would not be so hasty to "call out" businesses without giving them the courtesy of elaborating or answering your questions.

ChuckBooty

imported post

I don't think it is. I'm the Recruiter who works there and sometimes CCW there. I'd like some pics too if enough UOC people turn up . I may even strap my XD45 on to my ACU's....:celebrate

And about the Faith Armory situation. They WERE charging a $5 "storage fee" on all transfers, including PPT's. It was pointed out that they can't do this on PPT's and the owner subsequently changed the policy. They're a new shop and you should all give them a pass...especially since they changed the policy. How many Gun stores would actually listen and change their policy like that? You want to call the DOJ on someone? Call them on The Shootist who charges $100 for a PPT. That thread at calguns pissed me off. There is NOBODY who is more supportive of this community (gun, UOC, OLL, ETC) than Faith.

Decoligny

imported post

demnogis wrote:
I believe the owner of Faith Armory has already spoken on calguns about clarifying his ppt fees. I would not be so hasty to "call out" businesses without giving them the courtesy of elaborating or answering your questions.
Not unless it was in a different thread. It was pointed out by someone who had done business at Faith Armory that they had been monitoring the thread and ceased their illegal activities. It had also been pointed out by the OP at CalGuns that he had been told over the phone by Faith Armory employees that they were aware of the law and were still overcharging regardless of the law.

If you look at the time of my post here "calling them out" (Wed Dec 2nd, 2009 10:05 am) it wasn't until 7:03 P.M. that it was posted at CalGuns that they "clarified" (decided to stop overcharging) their PPT fees. So I was operating under the correct info at the time.

I have no issue with someone who is willing to change from doing criminal activity to walking the straight and narrow. I just don't think it should require the potential loss of thousands of dollars in potential business to get a Federal Firearms Licensed dealer to stop stealing $5.00 from every PPT customer. And believe me it was the posts about people who were going to be doing thousand dollar purchases taking thier business elsewhere that changed Faith Armory's tune. Nothing more, nothing less. Strictly Business.

Whether it's a million dollars or it's five dollars, stealing is stealing, and someone who steals is a thief.

coolusername2007

imported post

Decoligny wrote:
Whether it's a million dollars or it's five dollars, stealing is stealing, and someone who steals is a thief.
What? Are you kidding? They didn't steal a single dime! Nobody forced them to do a PPT at their store. Those customers had every right to take their business elsewhere. They were neither arm twisted nor held at gun point.

So let me get this straight. You hate the fact that the State forces you do to a PPT through a dealer, right? You think the State is full of it and forces their unconstitutional laws on you, right? Well, then what makes you think the State knows jack about what it costs to run a business? Get off it. Faith is a good store filled with good people. Take your calguns eat your own attitude over there, and leave it the hell out of here. Oh, that's right they CLOSED that thread.Get a clue and stop hijacking this thread that's about a UOC blood drive!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
So let me get this straight. You hate the fact that the State forces you do to a PPT through a dealer, right? You think the State is full of it and forces their unconstitutional laws on you, right? Well, then what makes you think the State knows jack about what it costs to run a business? Get off it. Faith is a good store filled with good people. Take your calguns eat your own attitude over there, and leave it the hell out of here. Oh, that's right they CLOSED that thread.Get a clue and stop hijacking this thread that's about a UOC blood drive!
I don't see what the big deal is here. You guys are arguing over semantics it seems like.

Decoligny is saying that they knew they were violating the law and overcharging, and to him that's theft. You're saying that that theft is justifiable because the State is idiotic and has no idea how much is costs to do a PPT. I'm inclined to agree with both of you.