• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The City of Greenfield Has Amended Their 10.01 "Open Carry" Ban This Evening!!!

ROOK_WI

imported post

While I was attendingtonightsmeeting, the Greenfield Common Council PASSED by a 3 to 1 vote, to accept thechanges approved by the Legislative Committeeto amend the language that had previously banned open carry within the Greenfield city limits.

Alderperson Linda Lubotsky voted AYE AldLubotsky@greenfieldwi.us

Alderperson Karl Kastner voted AYE AldKastner@greenfieldwi.us

Alderperson Shirley Saryan voted AYE AldSaryan@greenfieldwi.us

Please take a moment and thank these threeindividuals for their vote.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ROOK_WI wrote:
While I was attendingtonightsmeeting, the Greenfield Common Council PASSED by a 3 to 1 vote, to accept thechanges approved by the Legislative Committeeto amend the language that had previously banned open carry within the Greenfield city limits.

Alderperson Linda Lubotsky voted AYE AldLubotsky@greenfieldwi.us

Alderperson Karl Kastner voted AYE AldKastner@greenfieldwi.us

Alderperson Shirley Saryan voted AYE AldSaryan@greenfieldwi.us

Please take a moment and thank these threeindividuals for their vote.
This is Great news !!!:celebrate

ROOK_WI

imported post

McX wrote:
Good news to be sure, but have/will they notify their local Police Dept. of this new ruling?
There is a Legislative Committee Meeting slated for late December at which theirPolice Chief and Parks Director will be attending due to trying to overturn the 'Park ban' that is still in place. We will have a little chat then.

bigdaddy1

imported post

2 things

1. Crap, I wasnt there. I didnt know it was last night.

2. Pietrowsi seemed like a pro carry last time I was there, wonder why he felt necessary to vote no?

Mr. Greg

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ROOK_WI wrote:
McX wrote:
Good news to be sure, but have/will they notify their local Police Dept. of this new ruling?
There is a Legislative Committee Meeting slated for late December at which theirPolice Chief and Parks Director will be attending due to trying to overturn the 'Park ban' that is still in place. We will have a little chat then.
Nice. I'll be home, so I should be able to attend that one.