• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Napoleon Township Police

wally1120

imported post

I had a run in with a Napoleon Township Police Officerthat was very friendly. I did get a fix it ticket but, that isn`t nothing, This is however my first ticket that I have recieved the 2 years that I have been driving. The officer was very polite, My buddie was carrying Concealed, He did disclose, And the Officer just said "SO". I am glad that there are Officers that dont care that people are carrying Firearms with them. I do think it is a pain to have to fix the headlight, Then go and get the ticket signed off, Then go to the court house traffic division, This is a lot of steps to do just to fix a Hi-Beam fixed. I am just happy about the experience with the Officer that I got pulled over by, I wish all of the Police Officers were this way. I dont want to post his name for privacy reasons, But I did like the way the Officer was cool with a citizen was "PACKING"

Also is there a way that I can call up to the Napoleon Township Police Department, And say something good about the Officer? Usually there would be a Complaint, But the experience with this Officer was a VERY POSITIVE one.

T Vance

imported post

Just ask them when you return to show them that you fixed the problem.

At least we don't live in a state where you have to have your vehicle inspected every 6 months/1 year by a licensed mechanic...yet.

wally1120

imported post

I dont plan on going all the way up to Napoleon Township Police Station just to show that I got the Hi Beam fixed. I would much rather prefer to call and give the compliment of the Officer.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

Given the title of the thread I was suprised by the content. Without other knowledge I would probably avoid any township named "Napoleon".

Regardless, it is good to hear of another LEO that is a decent guy doing their job, we all too often only hear of the jerks.

wally1120

imported post

I think that Napoleon Township Officers are very polite. The Officer didn`t freak out that there were Firearms in the vehicle, I think that was pretty cool. And I am going to have to give a good word on the Officer for sure.

SlowDog

imported post

Might I suggest a nice formal letter on his professional bearing and polite way he handled your situation? I know I am one who has had a few scathing remarks for/about LEO's but I also will be the first to step up and say "cudo's" to the ones who do it right with professionalism.......just sayin....

wally1120

imported post

I to have had VERY BAD experiences with Jackson County, And dont see this changing anytime soon. I was very impressed with how polite the Napoleon Police were. I just wish all Officers could be that Polite, And Gun Friendly.

PDinDetroit

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
Might I suggest a nice formal letter on his professional bearing and polite way he handled your situation? I know I am one who has had a few scathing remarks for/about LEO's but I also will be the first to step up and say "cudo's" to the ones who do it right with professionalism.......just sayin....
+1000. IT IS WORTH THE TIME.