• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call for help on Calguns - Arrested sunday 626.9(2)(B) HELP

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

I dont know if this is UOC related, but it appears that someone has registered with Calguns to post a request for help with charges stemming from a 626.9 charge. The post has been subsequently moved off the public side of the forum.

I want to be completely clear- if you run into legal trouble, please do not describe what transpired on a public forum. Your first obligation is to seek assistance with someone qualified to help you. If you do not have at least $5,000.00 in hand to pay for such representation, you should probably stand down on open carry activities until you can fund your defense.

MudCamper

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Well one reason it should be posted is to illustrate to all the cavalier UOCers out there to BE MORE CAREFUL and better yet respect the CGF request to STAND DOWN and wait on UOC until after we actually have a 2A right with which to challenge these charges in court. At present there is no legal defense.

woody510

imported post

WTF guys come on if your going to OC common sense would tell you plot your course before you travel lot of LEA already have a hard on for us and i have at least 7 or more schools not including a college campus with in 5 to 10 miles from my home one school is 2 blocks away but is closed down and boarded up i dont think they would cite me for this as the school has been closed since Jan of this year but i cover my a$$ and dont go in that direction when i leave home or i carry once i get to where im going and i know it's a safe distance from school zone

this is the break down so you can eye ball it:

1 yard = 3 feet
1 football field = 300 feet
so 3 an 1/4 football fields is the distance you need to be

cato

imported post

Unknown on allthe circs. Don't jump to conclusions please.

But whatever happened, I'll say again there is no needfor individuals AT THIS TIME to risk or incur personal liability for UOC. It's a simple cost/benefits analysis. We have Theseus' case in the pipe and CGF/SAF have their civil cases to establish "bear";Sykes (CA) &Palmer (DC). Only Sykes is held up pending McDonald.

art work by Oleg Volk
GFSZ=DFCZ

yelohamr

imported post

You are absolutley correct. All it takes is common sense and know what you are doing.

J

If you have a GPS,list the schools in your area as a reminder.

cato

imported post

woody510 wrote:
i apologize if you took it the wrong way i was merely making a statement not directing it at any-one person

No problem. Just we don't know if this is UOC related.

On a side note, there is nothing "common since" about carrying with known and unknown school zones around. Theseus was convicted for UNknowningly being in a school zone. There are schools not listed on maps or GPS devices. There are colleges which have k-12 instruction (there is no "age" element in a SZ) likely triggering the three and a quarterfootball fields zone (that's TAaQFFZ ;)).

Looking forward to the death of 626.9.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

It's three and a third football fields.

I definitely agree with Cato. Try as you might to find all the schools and you could be wrong. Walk every street in 1000' of where you'll be and you could still be wrong, since according to Theseus' judge, not knowing isn't a valid defense. 626.9 is something we can all be potentially guilty of, it is also what keeps me from OCing in SF.

demnogis

imported post

Thesues will undoubtedly win on appeals due to the activist judge that "wanted to set an example".

Please, please PLEASE don't Solo UOC in an area unless you know for a fact you are clear of Gun Free Victim Disarmament Zones.

The recommendation still stands: Please refrain from solo UOC until we can get the 2nd Incorporated against the states. It is still ultimately your personal decision to carry, but do so intelligently. It has been proven the LEAs are waiting for prime op to hook any UOCer, the judicial system is looking to make more case law.

Group meets, although may be a little frowned upon, are much better venues as to the research and constructive discussion that goez into them.

If you're going to carry, carry smart! Use "more than common sense".

ACMeesot

imported post

I like this thread, great advice.

But here's the annoying part, most of us would agree that it'd be a good idea for some people NOT to open carry alone, especially in a neighborhood you're not familiar with , However, this pretty much negates the majority of the scenarios when a person Would want to open carry.

It is When we are alone and When we are in unfamiliar surroundings that we'd need it most. I don't have a dire need or desire to open carry when I'm heading to the local pizza parlor around the corner with 3 or 4 of my pals.

Just food for thought.

PavePusher

imported post

ACMeesot wrote:
I like this thread, great advice.

But here's the annoying part, most of us would agree that it'd be a good idea for some people NOT to open carry alone, especially in a neighborhood you're not familiar with , However, this pretty much negates the majority of the scenarios when a person Would want to open carry.

It is When we are alone and When we are in unfamiliar surroundings that we'd need it most. I don't have a dire need or desire to open carry when I'm heading to the local pizza parlor around the corner with 3 or 4 of my pals.

Just food for thought.

That's what the Texas legislature thought prior to Suzzana Hupp(sp?).

Just food for thought....