Thread: anyone a member of BJs going to the Palin book signing this weekend?

Post imported post

The Palin book signing is members only. I want to go but am not a member.
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

Post imported post

Edit: Wonderful, it's the same time as my Accounting final exam. Looks like I'm not going to able to attend. :X

Post imported post

Yes the one @ 13053 Fair Lakes Shopping Center. Dec 5 from 11 am to 2 pm. Is BJs anti? If you do go please let me know.
    "Capitalism and communism stand at opposite poles. Their essential difference is this: The communist, seeing the rich man and his fine home, says: 'No man should have so much.' The capitalist, seeing the same thing, says: 'All men should have as much.'"- Phelps Adams

Post imported post

hunter45 wrote:
    Edit: Wonderful, it's the same time as my Accounting final exam. Looks like I'm not going to able to attend. :X
    You could give your book to your parents to get it signed. Not the same as being there but you would have a signed book.

Post imported post

I'm a member and I've OC'd there many times. No one cared.
    Have fun.

Post imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
    I'm a member and I've OC'd there many times. No one cared.
    Have fun.
    Never heard of anyone having a problem OCing there. Don't think they mind

Post imported post

I think I might go, ocing of course. I don't plan on going inside, its probably going to be packed and I don't like to OC in large crowds no matter the retention level of my holster. I just want to see if the "Keep Virginia Blue" morans show up like I heard they are going to. I don't want any trouble, I just want to observe (voice recorder ready as always).

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

form "the web"

In the off chance you aren't friends with Sarah Palin on Facebook, let it be noted that the former Alaska governor/VP candidate/attention starved loon/media juggernaut announced last night that she will indeed be making a stop in the D.C. area on her book tour. This may come as a shock, but it turns out she's not planning on promoting Going Rogue at Politics & Prose. In fact, she won't be at a bookstore at all. Instead, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec. 5, she'll be out at the BJ's at 13053 Fair Lakes Shopping Center in Fairfax, presumably so she can rub elbows with the "real Americans" who buy in bulk. Mark your calendars!
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

You can also order a signed book online as I did. I know, not the same, but still cool.

Post imported post

I wish I could go...but not a member.

Post imported post

richarcm wrote:
    I wish I could go...but not a member.
    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."

Post imported post

Eh, I probably won't be going. Someone I know said they were in Fair Lakes and the store had a sign with a bunch of stipulations, like you must have your membership card in hand, book receipt from their store, and only the first (insert number) there will be given a wrist band to get in.

Post imported post

nova wrote:
    Eh, I probably won't be going. Someone I know said they were in Fair Lakes and the store had a sign with a bunch of stipulations, like you must have your membership card in hand, book receipt from their store, and only the first (insert number) there will be given a wrist band to get in.
    My mom was in there yesterday, I think she said the first 200 people are guaranteed to get their books signed and they will begin to hand out wristbands 2 hours before the signing starts.

Post imported post

My wife read in the Washington Post that someone waited over 20 hours to meet her.

I would have...!
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

My family waited 3+ hours got our books signed and met her. Was a cool thing for my daughters. She took extra time and asked them about school, sports etc. Very nice