• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anyone a member of BJs going to the Palin book signing this weekend?

hunter45

imported post

Edit: Wonderful, it's the same time as my Accounting final exam. Looks like I'm not going to able to attend. :X

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Yes the one @ 13053 Fair Lakes Shopping Center. Dec 5 from 11 am to 2 pm. Is BJs anti? If you do go please let me know.

Hokie

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
Edit: Wonderful, it's the same time as my Accounting final exam. Looks like I'm not going to able to attend. :X
You could give your book to your parents to get it signed. Not the same as being there but you would have a signed book.

nova

imported post

ufcfanvt wrote:
I'm a member and I've OC'd there many times. No one cared.
Have fun.
Never heard of anyone having a problem OCing there. Don't think they mind :)

nova

imported post

I think I might go, ocing of course. I don't plan on going inside, its probably going to be packed and I don't like to OC in large crowds no matter the retention level of my holster. I just want to see if the "Keep Virginia Blue" morans show up like I heard they are going to. I don't want any trouble, I just want to observe (voice recorder ready as always).

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

form "the web"

In the off chance you aren't friends with Sarah Palin on Facebook, let it be noted that the former Alaska governor/VP candidate/attention starved loon/media juggernaut announced last night that she will indeed be making a stop in the D.C. area on her book tour. This may come as a shock, but it turns out she's not planning on promoting Going Rogue at Politics & Prose. In fact, she won't be at a bookstore at all. Instead, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Dec. 5, she'll be out at the BJ's at 13053 Fair Lakes Shopping Center in Fairfax, presumably so she can rub elbows with the "real Americans" who buy in bulk. Mark your calendars!

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

richarcm wrote:
I wish I could go...but not a member. :(
OneDayPass.gif

nova

imported post

Eh, I probably won't be going. Someone I know said they were in Fair Lakes and the store had a sign with a bunch of stipulations, like you must have your membership card in hand, book receipt from their store, and only the first (insert number) there will be given a wrist band to get in.

hunter45

imported post

nova wrote:
Eh, I probably won't be going. Someone I know said they were in Fair Lakes and the store had a sign with a bunch of stipulations, like you must have your membership card in hand, book receipt from their store, and only the first (insert number) there will be given a wrist band to get in.

My mom was in there yesterday, I think she said the first 200 people are guaranteed to get their books signed and they will begin to hand out wristbands 2 hours before the signing starts.

vt800c

imported post

My wife read in the Washington Post that someone waited over 20 hours to meet her.

I would have...!

Sam_G21

imported post

My family waited 3+ hours got our books signed and met her. Was a cool thing for my daughters. She took extra time and asked them about school, sports etc. Very nice