• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MOC, Inc. Membership distribution

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Below is a map of MOC, Inc. member locations. I havecolor codedthe different types of membership.

The Board will be planning an annual membership meeting and will try to choose a location that's central to the most members. At this time it looks like the Brighton area is central to Jackson/Battle Creek, Lansing, Flint and the Metro area.

PDinDetroit

imported post

That data should also include IP Address, so I would be careful on how it is used (can be tied to posters, which Mike and John turned off I believe).

Also, it appears that the User Credentials are passed in the clear (HTTP POST instead of HTTPS POST). Someone could "sniff" the line and post as someone else if they knew how to (sock-puppeting).

viperar15

imported post

if you liked that... how'd you like to know we do get visits from other states to our main website? :)

edit: the lightly shaded green areas means traffic from that state. the darker the shade... the more traffic comes from there.

JeffSayers

Do you really wanna go there with me?, Michigan, U
imported post

viperar15 wrote:
if you liked that... how'd you like to know we do get visits from other states to our main website? :)

edit: the lightly shaded green areas means traffic from that state. the darker the shade... the more traffic comes from there.

So does that mean Michigan is kicking @$$ or is it that we just like to hop online here and &!+ch about everything? :uhoh:

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

JeffSayers wrote:
viperar15 wrote:

So does that mean Michigan is kicking @$$ or is it that we just like to hop online here and &!+ch about everything? :uhoh:
This info is for the hits on the miopencarry website not OCDO. It makes sense that Michigan would have the most hits on a Michigan open carry site.