• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Executive protection

glocked-N-loaded

imported post

I'm in the process of getting everything I need done now so I can apply for a executive protection position for a well known security firm. Im not able to obtain a CCW here in California so................

Will I be granted one since im in this feild of work, or Im I still shit out of luck?

mjones

imported post

glocked-N-loaded wrote:
I'm in the process of getting everything I need done now so I can apply for a executive protection position for a well known security firm. Im not able to obtain a CCW here in California so................

Will I be granted one since im in this feild of work, or Im I still @#$% out of luck?
It all depends on how 'connected' the company is. Those conenctions could result in anything from nothing, toan actual CA CCW to some sort of 'special' LEO Credentials.

Old Timer

imported post

First you would have to already be imployed by the company, then they would write a letter of good cause to the SO. However, being in the Bay area is a big negative. Don't hold your breath.