Thread: Church Carry

Post imported post

I live in Wyoming where we can carry into a place of worship with the Pastor or Administrators consent. BUT I attend Church in Nebraska where the law states that you cannot carry a concealed weapon into a place of worship. My Pastor knows that I carry, and has asked if there was a reason that I do not carry inside the building, and I told him that I cannot legally conceal-carry in the building. He asked about openly as that is how I normally carry anyway, and I told him I would find out about legalities.

I cannot find anything that gives me a warm/fuzzy feeling about open-Carry being legal or not in a place of worship in Nebraska, so I figured I would post here and see if anyone knows the answer and can provide a link or such to it.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--

Post imported post

The law in NE allows for OC; nothing is specifically mentioned about church concerns. Omaha requires an OC permit whether for church or otherwise within city limits. I'd say the rest of the state is ok to OC in church unless the church itself balks; as can be the case for any private property.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

The absence of a law making something illegal, makes such legal; therefor, OC is legal in this instance. Heed warning about Omaha.

Kudos to the paster for showing interest

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

My Pastor is an avid hunter, and his wife doesn't like to eat game, so I have a freezer full of deer meat courtesy of my pastors 7mm. He also has total respect for the 2nd amendment and believes thatthe states that restrict carry, or force you toobtain a CCP to conceal carry are going against the Constitution of the US and that the laws that they have enacted should be considered null, and void. I LIKE his opinion.
    If you do not test yourself every single day,
    then it is just another wasted day.
    --Semper Fi--