• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Range Ideas

PDinDetroit

imported post

Bald Mountain goes by the "up to 6" rule and I had absolutely no issue when I was there last. I was OC'ing and was asked if I was a LEO, the only reason for that was so I could get a discount!

As for opening your own range, there is an old SAMS Club Building on 14 Mile between John R and Dequindre that looks like it would support a 100 yard indoor range! I am not sure anyone else has one around here that long.

Paint it OD Green and call it "The Ammo Dump".

Jonny008

imported post

One of the issues I have with some of the DNR range officers is that when I take a pistol I get stopped and yelled at for having it in a holster. I like to practice drawing and firing yet the older guy always comes down to me and almost has a heart attack asking if I have a ccw license. It gets old.

SlowDog

imported post

If he is trying to be a range bully like some can be then do the following:

Look them deadpan in the eye and say "Of course not. But since Michigan has a CPL, I do have one of those." Then turn and walk away. If you do this in front of a group the DNR officer will be made to look like the fool he is.

Be forewarned he will not be very friendly after that. But then again he wanted to belittle you so....you decide.....just sayin.....

RSF

imported post

let see

you will need twp approval

you will need range liablity ins.

hvac system and such over 300K for top state of the art system depending on how many lanes

+P the AC unit for it another 80+k pending size also heating an lighting the building and electrical for the entire place about 8-10K per month right there

trap system a lot more

then there is the carrier system and mantenice on that.

stock and inventory 100-200K guns holsters ammo mags etc...

you will need rough of 1.5 to 2 Mil to have it done right and make profit of 700+ a day cleared to make mney and keep the lights open

RSF

imported post

let see

you will need twp approval

you will need range liablity ins.

hvac system and such over 300K for top state of the art system depending on how many lanes

+P the AC unit for it another 80+k pending size also heating an lighting the building and electrical for the entire place about 8-10K per month right there

trap system a lot more

then there is the carrier system and mantenice on that.

stock and inventory 100-200K guns holsters ammo mags etc...

you will need rough of 1.5 to 2 Mil to have it done right and make profit of 700+ a day cleared to make money and keep the lights open

lil_freak_66

imported post

i usually hit the rose lake range up.its also right in the middle of the public land i hunt,so i can shoot and then go straight to hunting