• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What Kind Of Holster Do You Use?

yelohamr

imported post

I posted this in a Calguns thread:

I've made my own leather holsters for over 40 years. Recently I came accross this website:
http://www.ehow.com/how_5009836_make...holsters.html#

I bought some Wonderflex and it is easy to work with and faster than making one of leather. However, its a good idea to line the holster with leather to prevent wear to the gun's finish.
If you want a heavier duty holster than the one illustrated on the site, use two or more layers of Wonderflex. It's almost like Kydex and a lot cheaper.

mjones

imported post

I predominately use Kramer Horsehide IWB for CCW.

Blackhawk Serpa CQC for OC in Public.

For OC at the range (or things like hiking in the National Forest) I might use a Military UM84 or a Kramer Horsehide MSP Paddle.

wewd

imported post

Safariland ALS retention holster. Higher quality than the ubiquitous Serpa, no possibility of the mechanism getting jammed with a grain of sand, or an accidental discharge from the trigger finger entering the trigger guard. It locks on the pistol's ejection port rather than the trigger guard. And every cop that has e-checked me can't figure out how to get the gun out, so I have to demonstrate how it works. I love it. Best $40 gun accessory I've bought yet.

Gundude

imported post

For my UOC, I carry a FEG ppk (Walther copy) .380 I bought about 30 yrs ago.I use an El CheapoPro-tech's Nylon Intimidator Belt and Clip on Holster ($20 on Amazon).

I also have a Rossi stainless .357 (also about 30 yrs old) that Iuse for special occasions, like group meets. For it I have an El Cheapo Uncle MIkes nylon paddle and a double speedy load pouch. $32 with my senior discount.

yelohamr

imported post

If you want a custom fit holster, try making one with Wonderflex. I used it for a quickdraw sheath for one of my Ka-Bars and for a stun gun.