• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Table at the Republican Advance on Friday and Saturday

6L6GC

imported post

hello all, for anyone interested, I will be operating a VCDL table at the Republican Advance on Friday and Saturday. If any VCDL members would like to help me man the table that would be appreciated.

The schedule is wide open (ie: empty) so any time slot is available. I am including a link to the web page for the event. The link will have the address and phone number of the hotel there in Williamsburg.

The Republicans couldn't have won by such large margins without our help. This will be a good time to interact with them and express our concerns.

I'm hoping that a good time will be had by all.

http://www.rpv.org/events/detail/2009-republican-advance

Ron

Repeater

imported post

6L6GC wrote:
The Republicans couldn't have won by such large margins without our help. This will be a good time to interact with them and express our concerns.

Ron
I wonder if Speaker Bill Howell understands that?

Maybe he will stop sabotaging VCDL's agenda now and start helping repeal the bad gun laws in the Code of Virginia.

AtackDuck

imported post

Repeater wrote:
6L6GC wrote:

Ron
I wonder if Speaker Bill Howell understands that?

Maybe he will stop sabotaging VCDL's agenda now and start helping repeal the bad gun laws in the Code of Virginia.
Speaker Howell will have to be dragged kicking and screaming to support our rights. It's time for him to be voted out of a job.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

6L6GC wrote:
hello all, for anyone interested, I will be operating a VCDL table at the Republican Advance on Friday and Saturday. If any VCDL members would like to help me man the table that would be appreciated.

The schedule is wide open (ie: empty) so any time slot is available. I am including a link to the web page for the event. The link will have the address and phone number of the hotel there in Williamsburg.

Ron
I will try to come by and spell you on Saturday Ron. The schedule is TIGHT though and last nights flood didn't help. I be at the farm most of tomorrow trying to clear up the damage to my roads.

I had thought about coming earlier until I saw the dinner was sold out.

6L6GC

imported post

had a good time both days. Friday evening Doug Peterson joined me at the table. It was an enjoyable day interacting with the POLs and others.

Saturday was busier and we got more notice/questions/interest. Cary Nunnally came by to help out. Then Philip Vancleave showed up. A little later Doug Peterson came by again. Not long after that John Pierce rounded out the crew.

A good time was had by all. Philip and I open carried while eating there in the hotel since they serve adult beverages in the restaurant. No body even seemed to notice.

It was a good time and we presented a good presence to the "law makers" in a non-gunshow atmosphere. We were well received.