• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

an OC question

suntzu

imported post

Being a resident of Tennessee I have to have a permit to carry...

Can a resident of another state who must have a permit to carry in their state of residence--OC in Louisiana without a permit, considering that no permit is required to OC in the state of Louisiana?

whoopingllama

imported post

My understanding is that it does not matter if you are visiting from another state, if you are in LA and OCing then you do not need a permit of any kinda. You should be good and safe.

sraacke

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Is Deputy Sheriff , Steven Seagal OC friendly ? I have been watching his show, looks pretty good.

He's an idiot. Asking if a gun is registered and for papers. Here in Louisiana we don'tregister our guns. That's what I call a "Law and Order" question, as in "Everything I know about guns and gun laws I learned from watching reruns of Law and Order." These leads to clueless citizens asking similar questions.

Citizen- Is that gun registered?

me- Registered with who?

Citizen- I don't know. I'm sure it has to be registered.

me- Tell you what, you find out who I'm supposed to register it with and then send me an email and I'll think about it. See ya.

imported post

Yale, you miss the whole point.
Since most Amerikans have been dumbed down, someone like Seagal is EXACTLY what they consider to be acceptable. Some steroid infested bully with a gun and a badge, demanding your papers. This is prima facia evidence we now live in a police state, the very state created/condoned by our neighbors, the statists.

suntzu

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
Is Deputy Sheriff , Steven Seagal OC friendly ? I have been watching his show, looks pretty good.

Actually I watched the program last night--I was part way ok with Segal until he and the remaining deputies stopped an individual and found the gun toward the end of the program. To me, they would lead you to believe that it was illegal to have a loaded firearm...Considering how they acted--unloading and placing the firearm in the trunk and the magazine in the front passenger compartment and then told them to not load the gun...

and then He talked about the problem with guns being such a danger....

The deputies also asked if the firearm was REGISTERED...Firearms do not need to be registered in Louisiana, nor do they have to be registered in Tennessee. So I would give them all a big thumbs down on that part of it.

I wonder if their conduct, which seemed to be out of line was in fact a rights violation?

So my guess based on what I saw was NO--he would not be truly OC friendly, but I could be wrong.

He has also gained quite a bit of weight from the looks of him.

suntzu

imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
And THIS statement is proof positive we live in a self-inflicted police state.

"Looks pretty good?" LOL, I rest my case.
And actually Segal isn't a full deputy sheriff--he is a commissioned officer yes, but he only is a reserve deputy with the JPSO...

Speaking of Jefferson Parish--what cities does this include? New Orleans?

witerango

imported post

new orelans is orleans parish... jp is kenner, metairie, harvey, gretna, terrytown, marrero, avondale, westwego, harahan, bridge city, river ridge, grand isle, lafitte, wagaman.... i think taht's it

Courrèges

imported post

I think that when police ask if a gun is registered, they're often ham-fistedly trying to ask whether the transfer was recorded or the guy simply bought it from "some guy" off the street.

In any event, I don't believe that involves a crime unless the seller was required to have a FFL. Likewise, it still reflects an ignorance of the law.

georg jetson

imported post

Courrèges wrote:
I think that when police ask if a gun is registered, they're often ham-fistedly trying to ask whether the transfer was recorded or the guy simply bought it from "some guy" off the street.

In any event, I don't believe that involves a crime unless the seller was required to have a FFL. Likewise, it still reflects an ignorance of the law.
Sometimes, I thnk they ask questions in order to raise a citizens stress level. They may know the answer, but want to see the reaction. A good example happened to me about a year ago. I was pulled over on Chef Hwy. by the Nation Guard( more evidence of a police state) and didn't have my gun placed far enough under the passenger seat. When they shined their flashlight into the window they saw it and said "Gun!". It was removed to one of their patrol cars where they spent the next 30 minutes running the number. While this was happeneing, one of the officers(military police Gestapo) indicated that I had illegal "Black Talon" type ammunition. I then said rolling my eyes,"it's only illegal to manufacture". He helped me finish the sentence. He knew the law but asked me anyway. They handed me the unloaded gun and loaded magazine and sent me on my way.

suntzu

imported post

georg jetson wrote:
Courrèges wrote:

. A good example happened to me about a year ago. I was pulled over on Chef Hwy. by the Nation Guard( more evidence of a police state)
You allowed a military police car to pull you over on a public roadway? Were you on a military reservation?

suntzu

imported post

Courrèges wrote:
Either way---it isn't their business.

georg jetson

imported post

suntzu wrote:
You allowed a military police car to pull you over on a public roadway? Were you on a military reservation?

It was a state police unit. The City of New Orleans had asked the Governor to send the National Guard to help with the "crime" problem. I didn't know they were military until I got out my car.

charlie12

imported post

yale wrote:
Glock34 wrote:

He's an idiot. Asking if a gun is registered and for papers. Here in Louisiana we don'tregister our guns. That's what I call a "Law and Order" question, as in "Everything I know about guns and gun laws I learned from watching reruns of Law and Order." These leads to clueless citizens asking similar questions.

Citizen- Is that gun registered?

me- Registered with who?

Citizen- I don't know. I'm sure it has to be registered.

me- Tell you what, you find out who I'm supposed to register it with and then send me an email and I'll think about it. See ya.

Before ya'll get too bent out of shape go back and look at the video. They had a open container(against LA law) the guy was carrying a concealed handgun without a permit. (Against LA law) and theyDID NOTask him if it was registered, he said it was registered and after that the LEO asked him where the papers were. The gun was not in NCIC asstolen so they let them go.
They aresome pretty lucky guys for notgetting busted for the two laws they broke.