• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC For the first time today

woody510

imported post

Popped my own cherry today... so left the house went to the corner store to grab my buddy a pack of smokes had him equipped with the very small portable camcorder i had my trusty Iphone recorder handy just in case we where stopped, we worked it out before we left if i was to get detained or arrested he was to get it all on tape and not to speak to the police at all i made sure i had no ID so he was the driver and we left, after we hit the corner store we went to a local strip mall where we had lunch got to admit it was a little stressful i told my buddy to just act normal and not make a big deal and we wouldn't get a lot of attention but still got a lot of looks i even had a couple people stop and ask me if i had a permit to carry and i explained to them in the state of California you don't need a permit to carry openly people where looking at me like i was lying to them until i started handing out some pamphlets and fact sheets with PC's on them and went on my way we where out for a total of about 4 to 5 hours no LE contact and was over all a good day

wolfeinstein

imported post

Good job, the more relaxed you are the more relaxed the public is going to be. I have no anxiety at all. I know the laws and the cops can't do jack about it, as long as you are legal.

I admit the first time UOCing alone is very very stressful...

woody510

imported post

its actually weird my friend is 32 and im 25 he was more nervous than i was and i was the one risking possible going to jail on false charges i was trying to tell him if you stay calm and pay no attention to the looky loos we wont draw attention to are selfs and people wont overreact because they see that we're calm about it and he wasn't even carrying but he still thinks its illegal iv shown him the site an gave him pamphlets showed him the youtube news stories and he is just like WHY...why do you want to bring this attention on yourself from the police and i try to explain that its your right to defend yourself its completely legal and ok for me to do this and the reason i do is to exercise my right and that it shouldn't bring negative attention on me, and he has the same right unfortunately he doesn't own a firearm at this time still working on that one with him

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Congratulations, Woody!

Maybe your friend should read some of the pamphlets you were handing out.

Just a word of caution: if your buddy thinks its illegal, he's probably not going to be a good witness should an encounter go wrong. You might want to consider bringing someone along who is knowledgeable of the lawsand supportive.