• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lobby Day

streetdoc

imported post

There are several Organizations that regularly attend Lobby Day that have similar views on our gun rights. I attended the Virginia Coalition of Motorcyclists (VCOM) training for the 2009 Lobby Day and it was an excellent event. Here is the link to their plans for Lobby Day for 2010. I'll be doing both VCOM and VCDL again.

http://www.vcomonline.org/LobbyDay2010Flyer.pdf
[align=center]MOTORCYCLE
[/align][align=center] LOBBY DAY 2010
[/align] Come join us for a 2 days of education, camaraderie and freedom of speech for the 2010 Virginia Motorcycle Lobby Day! January 17th we will meet at noon to go over the current legislation in Virginia’s General Assembly that will have an effect on Motorcyclists in the Commonwealth. After an afternoon of work we will spend the evening dining on some of the best BBQ to be had in Virginia, and chase it with the beverage of your choice.
Monday we roll out at 8:00 am for the Capitol where we meet with our elected representatives to share our opinions on the proposed legislation. This is followed up by a free lunch provided by Tom McGrath’s Motorcycle Law Group.
[align=center]January 17th & 18th 2010
Host Hotel
Holiday Inn Airport
445 International Center Dr.
Sandston, VA 23150
Ph. (804)236-1111, Ask for the VCOM rate

[/align][align=center]For further information contact ; Jim Cannon
(804)353-3971, Jim@vcomonline.org, or visit the website vcomonline.org

[/align]

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Good Grief! You bikers are ORGANIZED!

VCDL meets 5 minutes beforehand, stickers up everybody so Saslaw can't miss us, appoints group cat-herders, passes out legislative agenda paperwork and sends folks off.

Not that everybody has not had a chance to read the positions on pending legislation via the VA-ALERTs, but the pep talk the night before, along with the fellowship, seems like an idea with merit. The follow-up goes in the same category.

I know OCDO is not VCDL, but many from OCDO also are members of VCDL. Phil, are you reading this?:uhoh:

stay safe.

skidmark

streetdoc

imported post

skidmark wrote:
Good Grief! You bikers are ORGANIZED! ....

stay safe.

skidmark
What was really interesting to watch was the interaction between members of some of the motorcycle clubs and members of the Gold Wing Riders Assoc that were present and how they could come together for the common good of the biker community.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

streetdoc wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Good Grief! You bikers are ORGANIZED! ....

stay safe.

skidmark
What was really interesting to watch was the interaction between members of some of the motorcycle clubs and members of the Gold Wing Riders Assoc that were present and how they could come together for the common good of the biker community.
Did you attend any training/educational sessions and see the benefit yourself?

Yata hey