• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Resident's gunshot sends intruder fleeing from home

streetdoc

imported post

From Wednesday's Freelance Star
http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2009/122009/12022009/511605
(link fixed)

Resident's gunshot sends intruder fleeing from home
Shot fired at intruder in Spotsylvania
Date published: 12/2/2009
BY KEITH EPPS

A Spotsylvania County
man fired a shot at a man who broke into his home early Tuesday, police said.
The shot missed the intruder, but it scared him out of the home, 1st Sgt. Liz Scott said.
Scott said the incident occurred about 2 a.m. in the area of Three Cedars Lane off Leavells Road. Deputies responded to a call about a burglary in progress.
The victim, who was in the home alone, told police that he was in bed watching television when he heard his dogs barking in the back yard.
He then heard footsteps in his home, and moments later saw a man standing at the end of his bed holding a metal pipe.
The victim grabbed a nearby gun and fired as the intruder was saying something. The intruder cut short his comment and left; nothing was taken.
"I don't think the suspect realized that [the victim] was going to do something like that," Scott said.
The suspect was described as a white man in his mid-20s, 6 feet 5 inches tall with a thin build. He was wearing a black jacket with a black hood.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Solvers at 540/582-5822.
Keith Epps: 540/374-5404
Email: kepps@freelancestar.com

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
Little curious what the heck the intruder was going to say...not that I would have given him the chance either, but I have to wonder.
"Is this where the party is?":lol:

45acpForMe

imported post

SaltH2OHokie wrote:
Little curious what the heck the intruder was going to say...
Greetings earthling, I bring you the pipe of destiny which contains the entire knowlege of our advanced civilization. Should you use it wisely you will save your planet from extinction and may rule yourgalaxy.... what is that short pipe you have??? <BANG> sweet garfaing-niblets, I'm outa here...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
I just have one question...how in the "h," "e," double hockey sticks did he miss a 6'5" target at a range of less than 10 feet? :banghead:

Good Lord, man. It's not unusual for someone in highly stressful situation to miss a target at close range.

It would be, however, useful to know exactly what happened and what the intruder actually did, where he stood, how he exited, etc.

I wonder, too, precisely where the gun was...

I'm glad the victim was not... er,...a victim. Good on him for being prepared to defend himself.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
SaltH2OHokie wrote:
Little curious what the heck the intruder was going to say...not that I would have given him the chance either, but I have to wonder.

Hi, is your wife home? I'm the plumber and I'm here to lay some pipe.

Sorry, couldnt resist..... :)
That ain't funny Jim. I near spit coffee on my keyboard again and the S is still sticking from the last time.:banghead:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

peter nap wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
SaltH2OHokie wrote:

That ain't funny Jim. I near spit coffee on my keyboard again and the S is still sticking from the last time.:banghead:
Sorry Don. It probably wasn't appropriate but hell, that's just what came to mind! :)

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
SaltH2OHokie wrote:

Sorry Don. It probably wasn't appropriate but hell, that's just what came to mind! :)
If you would quit drinking while reading this board you wouldn't have that problem.

:lol:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
SaltH2OHokie wrote:

If you would quit drinking while reading this board you wouldn't have that problem.

But its just coffee!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
peter nap wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
SaltH2OHokie wrote:

But its just coffee!
The game warden gave me a ticket once for stirring my coffee with an arrow.
Claimed I was using poison on them.