• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Seattle's Response to SAF Parks Suit?

Gray Peterson

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

kwiebe wrote:

Also, I don't think the trial date that gets set is truly arbitrary.  I think it's set with other cases in mind, i.e., first-come/first-served, isn't it?  So if I filed a Superior Court case against someone right now, my trial date would likely be May or June 2011 - or even later, if there's been an influx of cases recently.  Just wanted to make that point.

That would essentially be correct, except that either party can motion to move up the trial date after pre-trial MTD's and MSJ's are done in some sort of important interest, basically, either side would have to convince the judge that it's in the best interest of judicial economy to move up the case, or the fact that someone's civil rights are being violated. In the federal courts (not sure about state in at least in this fact), a denial of MSJ would allow the party being denied to appeal it to a higher court, such as the Court of Appeals.

Basically, it's still an arbitrary date.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

n16ht5 wrote:
tyguy808 wrote:
Bobarino wrote:
ok, a year and half!! NOW i'm all for an open carry picnic in a Seattle park. if someone gets cited, at least they're entitled to a speedy trial. i think this may be our best bet to get this ban banned in a somewhat reasonable timeframe.

Bobby
SVG!!! SVG!!! someone else onboard!!!!! Now is the time!!!!

......AHEM.....
If you got something to say say it...

amlevin

imported post

kwiebe wrote:
amlevin wrote:
I hear he is now looking for a job with the Obama Administration. Why not, it seems like all the worthless "libs", communists, and generally incompetent already are there. What's one more among the group?
Park Safety Czar?

Nah, he'd probably be brougt on board just to make sure that "Barry" was always "Looking Good". Just having ole "broad butt" Greg standing near B. O. would tend to make him look good on a comparative basis.

Have to admit though that Mayor "Lardass" was pretty successful for a college dropout. Just think how much more incompetent he would have been should he actually have finished his course of study and graduated.