• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email from Randy Richardville on SB747

detroit_fan

imported post

Just received and emial for Sen. Richardville about SB747, just wanted to share in case anyone wanted to attend-

SB7474- http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(0me2bc45kwawds45iy11vnul))/mileg.aspx?page=GetObject&objectname=2009-SB-0747

Good morning,

I wanted to let you know that Senator Kuipers has agreed to schedule a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing for SB 747 on Tuesday, December 8. The committee meets in Room 210 of the Farnum Bldg and the hearing will begin at 1pm. I will send a copy of the committee notice to you as soon as it is formally posted.

I welcome you to attend to show your support for this important legislation. I am most hopeful that this hearing will provide me an opportunity to clear up some of the misconceptions and misunderstandings about what this bill does (and does not do) that have been printed and spoken in various news media outlets. If you are not able to attend the committee hearing, but would like to submit written testimony in support of SB 747, please feel free to send your written remarks to me, in response to this email. Teri Ambs, in my office, will be compiling testimonies and copying and distributing them to the chair and committee members.

I have also attached a map of downtown Lansing for your convenience. If you are able to attend the committee hearing, please let me know so that I can give Senator Kuipers an estimate of how much testimony might be heard.

Thank you for your continued support of this bill. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or Teri.

Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing on SB 747
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
1pm
210 Farnum Bldg, 125 W. Allegan, Lansing, MI

Sincerely,

Senator Randy Richardville
17th District
517-373-3543